Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

DDIF

Custom User Title
^^ even Silent Hill movie got 6.5 on imdb but that did not stop it from being one of my most favorite movie of all time ;-)

@ ManiDhillon - thanks for the info on driver version.

Anyway, coming to the topic - started playing this on yesterday, so far this feels like the best Ghost Recon games I've played so far and there's absolutely no lag.

NP dude. Just played MP for sometime last night, servers were lagging and I hate the exclusion of server info and server selection. Anyway, MP is good. Only if someone from you guys could host some games ;) .

sam1

Journeyman
hi guys, anyone experienced any problems with the sync shot mapping (for less than 4 targets)? it is mapped to the "Q" key in the second mission, but later on in the game, it gets mapped to the LMB. that creates a problem as even if don't have a clear shot, i have to shoot a bullet anyway, creating lesser score in the end.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ took me a while to figure it out though I got accustomed with it from the beginning of the 3rd mission.

The only thing I did not like the run and move to a new cover both uses the shift button - so sometime when I want to just run like a panther I end up getting stuck in cover - except fpr this every other thing is almost perfect.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
got it from "Games The Shop". "Signature Edition" :s .. just started installing.. if anyone is playing MP then pls PM me your Games Tags(yet to complete the installation and check how MP works)

Pic
*img16.imageshack.us/img16/6906/grfsbox.jpg

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^^ even Silent Hill movie got 6.5 on imdb but that did not stop it from being one of my most favorite movie of all time ;-)
Yea, i didn't say it was a bad game or anything. I enjoyed it, i really did. And i don't give much rating to anything. Only two games have reached or crossed 8 were Saboteur and GTA IV. I love stealth games but a group stealth game is ......well i wasn't exactly sure of my part in the game. Was it just marking some enemies for others or i myself had something to do actually!! And also it's itching me that i had to turn down some graphic settings, I've never done it until i purchased the 560 for any game.
Anyway, it was a good game at the end of the day.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Do post some screenies and you views in the MP. :)
sure, will do ..

sigh.. being original is so hard.. downloading updates .. activation and stuff sigh :p , still downloading some 400 MB update :|

BTW couple of college students reluctantly bought this game, on my way out of the store they were talking of installing it in all of their computers and playing together :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, i didn't say it was a bad game or anything. I enjoyed it, i really did. And i don't give much rating to anything. Only two games have reached or crossed 8 were Saboteur and GTA IV. I love stealth games but a group stealth game is ......well i wasn't exactly sure of my part in the game. Was it just marking some enemies for others or i myself had something to do actually!! And also it's itching me that i had to turn down some graphic settings, I've never done it until i purchased the 560 for any game.
Anyway, it was a good game at the end of the day.

the role is you are a part of a highly skilled TEAM of US special force ( like SWAT ) and I like this kind of games where we have group up to eliminate bad tangos and hostiles ... this may be the reason when I play CS I always like to play as a CT force ;-)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Just finished Silent Talon, starting with Firefly Rain ..

im not able to achieve good framerates.. now playing at 720p with AA and VSync on.. else there is too much tearing :(

Just finished Silent Talon, starting with Firefly Rain ..

im not able to achieve good framerates.. now playing at 720p with AA and VSync on.. else there is too much tearing :(

Firefly rain and the last misson are the worst of 'em all. The freaking frames dropped down to the 20 level :( Consolized games now-a-days surely lack optimization. :-x

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I forgot to tell about the game itself :p , its good. cover system is excellent. controls are very easy (Xbox 360 controller :p)

Pros-
Good gameplay and story. better than BF3 (yea i'm saying that :p)
Easy to navigate and control the character.
GFX is good but there are -ve also.

Cons-
Game not optimized .. even at 720p, I get low framerates on my config.
Cannot change settings when in game. you need to exit to main menu to change any settings.

I tried 1080p with everything set to max.. and I was getting 17 FPS. on 720p with med settings I was still getting 50 FPS.. so there is serious issues with the optimization of this game.

coming to MP. I never managed to get into a game. there is no server browser at all, I do get into a game launch screen, but the connect get disconnected once the game starts.. so I still need to test MP.

My Rating . 5/10 - points only for story and cover system. gfx , MP doesnt get points..

I will re rate this game once I am satisfied with MP.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Pardon me but the third video in the OP, that is a demo right? I mean I haven't seen anything like that in the SP campaign.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
can't say why you guys are getting such low FPS - the only issue I'm facing is slow mouse movement .. had to crank up the mouse sensitivity to 100.

DDIF

Custom User Title
Played MP, it is good but heck, as I mentioned before I hate the exclusion of server browser. If anyone is interested in playing MP then we could set a time and host a game. Of course only 7 - 8 players would be able to play not more.
I use low resolution of 1366x768(Playing on borrowed LED of 15") and all other settings are high and I get above 62 FPS always. Don't play without updates.

Top Bottom