TODAY I LEARNED (TIL) - thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
til

*img.humorsharing.com/media/images/1207/i_interesting_facts_about_batman_begins_017_500680d414eac.jpg

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
What is that
seems he came to know about what pinky, the girl promised to him... *fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/013/6/b/sign_emoji_06__promise___by_jerikuto-d7243cb.gif

:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

TIL A big enough meal will allow Anacondas to go months without feeding again.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
TIL that airport nescafe coffee costs INR 70.

Lol, i heard it as 17. Took out a 20 note. The guy was like, duuuuuude.. Its 70, not 17. I was like, riiiiiight.... i was just taking out the 100 rupee note.

RIP my 70 rupee.

TIL that airport nescafe coffee costs INR 70.

Lol, i heard it as 17. Took out a 20 note. The guy was like, duuuuuude.. Its 70, not 17. I was like, riiiiiight.... i was just taking out the 100 rupee note.

RIP my 70 rupee.

0.5 l milk @ ₹40/l = ₹20
1 small pack of Nescafe coffee = ₹10
2 spoon sugar = ₹2 (@ ₹40 /kg)
LPG gas consumed = ₹ 5 (worst case scenerio)

Total cost of 0.5 l coffee = ₹37

DIY FTW!!!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
TIL humans might like/ ascribe value to shiny/ glossy things because of it's resemblance to water

An Evolutionary Theory For Why You Love Glossy Things | Co.Design | business + design

Reminded me of this from Fountains of Paradise
So a King's son forces him to reveal all his wealth
Then, closely watched by Kalidasa and his guards, he descended the spillway steps, not pausing even at the edge of the lake. When he was waist deep he scooped up the water and threw it over his head, then turned towards Kalidasa with pride and triumph.
"Here, my son," he cried, waving towards the leagues of pure, life-giving water, "here - here is all my wealth!"
"Kill him!" screamed Kalidasa, mad with rage and disappointment.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
TIL , 25 milligrams (0.000881 oz) of Tetrodotoxin would be expected to kill half of the group of 75 kg (165 lb) people that ingested it. The amount needed to reach a lethal dose by injection is much smaller, 8 μg per kg, or a little over one-half milligram (0.00002 oz) to kill a 75 kg (165 lb) person.

*www.ufrgs.br/imunovet/molecular_immunology/tetrodotoxin.gif

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
TIL ISS livestream
Live_ISS_Stream on USTREAM: Live video from the International Space Station includes internal views when the crew is on-duty and Earth views at other times...

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
TIL WWE paid an emotional tribute to Connor 'The Crusher' Michalek (a little boy with cancer), the world's best wrestling fan month before he passed away.

[YOUTUBE]9RAhxhIHdpM[/YOUTUBE]

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
TIL that in the Marvel comics Santa Claus is actually the world's most powerful mutant ever registered by the X-Men..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom