To view folder option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suraj

Journeyman
:lol: :lol: HI...
I have a hp p4 ,and 504 mb of ram with xp , sp2 installed .i want to hide some folder but i can't see the folder option on fallowing the path
start>mydocuments>tools.......... .here i should get the folder option,but i cannot, please help me so that i can hide my unnecessary file.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Looks like ur computer has been hit by the rontrokbro virus check this post for solution already posted in the forum :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42400

OP
S

suraj

Journeyman
AshishSharma said:
Looks like ur computer has been hit by the rontrokbro virus check this post for solution already posted in the forum :

i have run the symantec antivirus ,to cleanup the virus thread ,but i did not get any virus,

pl. help me again
suraj:confused:

when i typed "regedit.exe" on going "run " ,it ask me registry editing has been "disabled" by your administrator,even i log on through administrator to my computer.

pl help me
thanks
suraj:!:

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
click *www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and go to tweak number 129or maybe some other. download it, double click on it and add to registry.

OP
S

suraj

Journeyman
anandk said:
click *www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and go to tweak number 129or maybe some other. download it, double click on it and add to registry.

HI
when i browse the above *www.kellys-korner-xp tweak.htm ,it shows
another problem "registry editing has been disabled by your administrator." even i log on as a administrator.

pl give me another formula if possible. so that i can .... i donot want to format my system.

suraj

anandk

Distinguished Member
suraj said:
HI
when i browse the above *www.kellys-korner-xp tweak.htm ,it shows
another problem "registry editing has been disabled by your administrator." even i log on as a administrator.

pl give me another formula if possible. so that i can .... i donot want to format my system.
suraj

to enable ur registry editor :

Click Start, Run and type this command exactly as given below: (better - Copy and paste)

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

source *windowsxp.mvps.org/tweakuirest.htm

after enabling ur registry editor thus, try to apply the said kellyskorner tweak.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Guys! There is no benefit in solving this by just enabling regedit and folder options.

I hv seen this problem so many times in computers, its bcoz of a virus infection. Just scan ur computer with a good anti-virus, such as avast! or NOD32 or Kaspersky and it'll remove the virus ;)

Also pls post ur HijackThis logfile :)

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
The problem may be from either side. Might be registry problem or Virus problem. It's hard to pin point one without proper data.

Post HijackThis log file report here for analysis.

anilmail17

Journeyman
yaa i think vishal is right and ur machine is infected with brontok use this tool to removee brontok and if u think brontok is not there they also just use this application once.
*www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Brontok-Washer.shtml
and for more details on brontok go here
*www.viruslist.com/en/viruses/encyclopedia?virusid=96428

OP
S

suraj

Journeyman
anandk said:
to enable ur registry editor :

Click Start, Run and type this command exactly as given below: (better - Copy and paste)

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

source *windowsxp.mvps.org/tweakuirest.htm

after enabling ur registry editor thus, try to apply the said kellyskorner tweak.

HELLO DEAR sir/ma'am
i did the same thing according ur instruction.when i typed "REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pol icies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f " on going run ,a command windows seen but it immediately disapeared.

my system connected to "LAN". ,BUT i was able to view that folder option in toos before ,. another problem i have seen when i go to the local security policy ,and click it shows

""
Security templates

The group policy security that apply to this machine could not be determined .
The error returns when trying to retrieve these setting from the local security policy database.
(%windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb)was.the parameter is incorrect.

All local security setting will be displayed , no indication will be given as to whether or not a given security setting is defined by group policy.
Any local security setting modified through this user interface may subsequently be overridden by domain level policies. "

now what should i do then?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Download 'HijackThis'
Then run that program on your system. It gives a report.
Copy and Paste that report content here

OP
S

suraj

Journeyman
Vishal Gupta said:
Guys! There is no benefit in solving this by just enabling regedit and folder options.

I hv seen this problem so many times in computers, its bcoz of a virus infection. Just scan ur computer with a good anti-virus, such as avast! or NOD32 or Kaspersky and it'll remove the virus ;)

Also pls post ur HijackThis logfile :)

Dear sir/ ma;am
i do agree with u , but my pc was slow before so i doubtly instaled some software to remove the virus..now i should installed another antivirus software?:D

OP
S

suraj

Journeyman
Kiran_tech_mania said:
Download 'HijackThis'
Then run that program on your system. It gives a report.
Copy and Paste that report content here

DEAR HELLO
IT SAYS "the compressed (zipped folder) is invalid or corrupted

thanks
suraj

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
suraj said:
DEAR HELLO
IT SAYS "the compressed (zipped folder) is invalid or corrupted

thanks
suraj

It's a small program. Sometimes downloads do get corrupted. Download once more and paste the log report here. And please stop writing the replies in letter format. Just be clear cut with info, avoid using Dear...etc.

OP
S

suraj

Journeyman
Hi...thanks A Million.

Suraj

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\

Create a new DWORD value, or modify the existing value named "NoFolderOptions" and set it to equal "1" to hide the options or "0" to show the options.

Log-off or restart Windows for the changes to take effect.

Source *www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/619/

THANK U........

A VERY MUCH THANK U..
SURAJ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom