Time to move on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
People come, people leave. Life moves on. I've been on TDF for more than 7 years now, I guess (maybe even more, I don't remember when I registered with my old id); and I have seen a lot of people come and go. Nothing changes.

I'd have to agree on that with you.

Same here.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
I find TE claustrophobic. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't TE guys insert banners after every reply or maybe I am not used to their laylout.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
This is a comment from admin on TE, which is 100% true.
I could not help but smile at that. Seems desiibond thread started an avalanche.

And also at the fact that you guys are behaving like a small town fella who just moved to a metro, quick reply works, edit works.

Anyway nice to have all of you onboard and hope to see active participation from you all in the tech sections. Welcome to TE!
really, what other forum has basic things like quick reply/edit flawed? Even non tech forums are managed better.

Last edited:

dreams

Gracias Senor
What's there in TE which is not here in TDF? To know it, registered myself in there too :)
UserID - dre@ms

But will not leave TDF ;)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
LOL, wat r u guys upto, proving how faithful u r or how much u hate/disappointed on TDF??

STOP!!!

Nothing is going to change.
Admin(s) alone can't do anything (even if they want), it involves higher authorities.
If u want really some changes, voice ur opinions to editor by mail (even dat may not work :-D )

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Well there are some good things in TDF that TE misses.

* Thread content is not shown in tooltip in TE when user hovers over a thread title from the list of threads.

* The threads you have commented upon or have created, do not show up in the user CP subscribed threads. I find it easy to track the threads i am active in by just visiting the subscribed threads in TDF. In TE no such facility, although user can specifically subscribe which is ..meh.

* Even if many people hate TDF theme , i am one of the people who like this gray theme. Its easy on eyes and minimalistic (other than the header/footer/Ads crap which i have hidden through firefox extension).

btw, the bazaar/market section of TE is kicka$s, I dont think TDF will ever beat that.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
* The threads you have commented upon or have created, do not show up in the user CP subscribed threads. I find it easy to track the threads i am active in by just visiting the subscribed threads in TDF. In TE no such facility, although user can specifically subscribe which is ..meh.

Dat depends upon ur settings. Go to User CP>Edit Settings>And choose anything other than "No subsciption" in "Default Subsciption Mode".

Both TE and TDF have this option.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Hi guys,

I understand the complaints, and yes I'm guilty of being too busy to rectify things soon enough. Allow me to try and change that.

I will be working on fixing the strange ajax issue to begin with. The BenQ ad does not seem to malfunction for me, no matter how hard I try, so I'm stumped on what to repair there.

I also request all of you to go to *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123086 and put up bug fix requests there, and I will try and sort them all out as soon as I can figure out what the problems are.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Dat depends upon ur settings. Go to User CP>Edit Settings>And choose anything other than "No subsciption" in "Default Subsciption Mode".

Both TE and TDF have this option.

Changed the setting, thx for the info. I hope it auto subscribes now.

@Krazzy Warrior, Click new posts link in the top menubar. You will get the list of new posts there, but no tooltip's on the thread titles, same with subscribed threads in CP. It only works if I visit the forum sections individually (which i never do, hence missed it).

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^^Ya it'll auto subscribe now if u create a new post or reply to any. But in case if u just view the post and want to subscribe u need to manually subscribe to the thread.

@Raaaboo Thnx for replying after a long time. We'll surely post our complaints on that threads.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
* Thread content is not shown in tooltip in TE when user hovers over a thread title from the list of threads.
It is shown. :)

This is actually the case with every vBulletin forum. :p
Go to User CP ----> Edit Options ----> Default Thread Subscription Mode and select your option. I prefer 'No email notification'. After you do this, all the threads in which you reply or the ones you start will automatically be subscribed.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
It is shown. :)

Click new posts link in the top menubar. You will get the list of new posts there, but no tooltip's on the thread titles, same with subscribed threads in CP. It only works if I visit the forum sections individually (which i never do, hence missed it).

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Click new posts link in the top menubar. You will get the list of new posts there, but no tooltip's on the thread titles, same with subscribed threads in CP. It only works if I visit the forum sections individually (which i never do, hence missed it).
Agreed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom