Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I started playing at moderate.
You build palisade walls?

Hey can you give any advice on which types of units to use.
Which units are better against what units?

Nope, Stone Walls. You can build them in the Feudal age. You will need a lot of stone though. In AOE2, every unit can be countered with some other units. For example, Knights are more effective against Infantry, Camels are more effective against other mounted units, Speamen/Pikemen are more effective against Siege weapons and mounted units, Militia/Men-At-Arms/Long Swordsmen, etc are more effective at buildings, etc. Read more about them in their description.

When I go to attack enemies, I usually prepare a raiding party first. Consisting of Swordsmen mainly and a few archers. I then attack the outer buildings of the enemy to check their strength I attack with the swordsmen and use the Archers to cover them.

Also, while organizing your army, always group the same units together so that they all move at their independent speeds, otherwise a group of mixed units will move as fast as the slowest unit among them. I usually make one battalion of Swordsmen, one of Archers/Hand Cannoneers (Imperial age) and one party of Cavalry (Knights). I also make a battalion of Unique units depending upon the civilization, like Persian War Elephants are pretty tanky units (but more expensive on food). Also, if you are in the castle age, don't forget to make Trebuchets, they have long range and can demolish most buildings in under a minute.

Niilesh

Padawan
Nope, Stone Walls. You can build them in the Feudal age. You will need a lot of stone though. In AOE2, every unit can be countered with some other units. For example, Knights are more effective against Infantry, Camels are more effective against other mounted units, Speamen/Pikemen are more effective against Siege weapons and mounted units, Militia/Men-At-Arms/Long Swordsmen, etc are more effective at buildings, etc. Read more about them in their description.

When I go to attack enemies, I usually prepare a raiding party first. Consisting of Swordsmen mainly and a few archers. I then attack the outer buildings of the enemy to check their strength I attack with the swordsmen and use the Archers to cover them.

Also, while organizing your army, always group the same units together so that they all move at their independent speeds, otherwise a group of mixed units will move as fast as the slowest unit among them. I usually make one battalion of Swordsmen, one of Archers/Hand Cannoneers (Imperial age) and one party of Cavalry (Knights). I also make a battalion of Unique units depending upon the civilization, like Persian War Elephants are pretty tanky units (but more expensive on food). Also, if you are in the castle age, don't forget to make Trebuchets, they have long range and can demolish most buildings in under a minute.
Thanks that should help a little BTW trebuchets can only be built in imperial age(IIRC)

Hey i realised the problem with me is that i stretch the game too long. My resources get stocked up and i get very late to build my army and then the game stretches to 2hr+(game time). I will work on it today. Today i will take moderate computer atleast in 1 vs 1.

BTW when are you free?(for a match)

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Why cant we have a warcraft 3 RTS match ?? its more noob friendly than AOE and honestly has more variety in the races

ITs like DOTA + RTS, considering you level up a hero and build items etc

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Thanks that should help a little BTW trebuchets can only be built in imperial age(IIRC)

Hey i realised the problem with me is that i stretch the game too long. My resources get stocked up and i get very late to build my army and then the game stretches to 2hr+(game time). I will work on it today. Today i will take moderate computer atleast in 1 vs 1.

BTW when are you free?(for a match up)

I don't have a fixed time when I return from office these days, so I might not be available most of the time. But ping me when you see me on Steam and I can get back to you then.

Why cant we have a warcraft 3 RTS match ?? its more noob friendly than AOE and honestly has more variety in the races

ITs like DOTA + RTS, considering you level up a hero and build items etc

Warcraft 3 RTS is more complicated than AOE since you have to manage each hero's skills and items as well. AOE is more straightforward, gather resources, build and army and attack.

DDIF

Custom User Title
BTW when are you free?(for a match)

I will install AOE2 and will join you guys next week. Need to find the DVD first.
Installed L4D-2 and CS:GO also, so anyone up for some Zombie hunting tonight?

PS: COD4 Server IP Changed.

*cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/103.2.238.218:28960/b_560_95_1.png

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Yup . Haven't played COD for a few days now . So can we arrange a match tonight ?

Why did our server get a new ip ?

DDIF

Custom User Title
Anybody up for cod today??

Yup . Haven't played COD for a few days now . So can we arrange a match tonight ?
Why did our server get a new ip ?

+1,
I am in for tonight. Say at 21:00 ??
IP got changed because they are re-allocating IPs and moving to new hardware and servers.

But old server is still u p !

Yeah old server is still up and I've left messages there with new IP and everything. Should be up for few days.

Check OP for new IP or see my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom