heidi2521

Padawan
This is the best news i have got in the recent times. I absolutely love this game. Played Thief demo in 1997 but did not have money to buy the original game. Internet was just not there back then. Played all the 3 thief games whenever i could get them. Absolutely love them. Best stealth game IMO and i love stealth. Thief: deadly shadows was kind of scary at times but still just damn awesome. Can't wait. Thanks for the thread desmond :D

Screenshots look pretty neat and detailed. I just hope that PC port is not a crappy one.

PC is the lead platform i believe.

Edit: nvm confused it with watch_dogs. The game is by the same people who gave us human reolution so i expect a pretty decent port at the least.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
According to this link, it is coming for the PC as well.

*kotaku.com/5988618/spectacular-thief-4-images-leak-on-russian-site

OP updated with announcement trailer.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Thief fans petition for return of original Garrett actor

Thief fans are petitioning Eidos Montreal for the return of original Garrett voice actor Stephen Russell, and the campaign has already amassed some 1,800 names.

PCGamesN reports that at present, Garrett is now being voiced by Assassin’s Creed 2 mo-cap actor Romano Orzari, and that some fans are none too pleased.

The petition is called “Eidos Montreal; Square Enix: Bring back Stephen Russell for Thief 4″, and you can sign it here if you wish.

Source : Thief fans petition for return of original Garrett actor: amasses 1,800 names | VG247

I personally don't really mind but I can't say anything until I hear the current voice actor. But Russell had a pretty iconic voice for Garett.

Also :

Thief uses Unreal Engine 3, not UE4

*www.videogamer.com/ps4/thief/news/confirmed_thief_uses_unreal_engine_3_not_ue4.html

Flash

Lost in speed
^ Crazy addicted fans.
Shows the love of Thief-fanboys towards thief series.

I should complete Thief:deadly shadows before Thief4.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I haven't even completed Thief 2 : The Metal Age.

But I think there is still a lot of time before it comes out, so no hurries in completing them.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
PS4 and pc version would be identical in visual quality. Its one of those early titles.

Looks impressive even in UE 3 mould.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I am glad that they are using UE3, this might then run on my existing machine as well then.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Looks like Thief is running into trouble because of internal office politics.

Seems Like Thief Really Is In Serious Trouble

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
never played any of the Thief game before

is it good?

Dude...play the first two Thief games and you will get an experience unlike any other. There are so many ways to complete a game and stealth is paramount.

Edit : The Thief series is the grandfather of the original first person stealth genre. Thought I do not hope this new one to recreate the feel of the originals, I recommend the originals to be must play classics.

Top Bottom