Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
:hyper:

The Master Thief Garett is back with the new Thief reboot, which is now in the works. This series is one of my all time favourites with Thief : The Dark Project, Thief 2 : The Metal Age and Thief : Deadly Shadows. I am damn excited for this one.

*media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/04/104752013-Apr-4-CGI-ScreenCap.jpg

Announcement trailer :

Here's some behind the scenes of the development :

Hope they release for the PC. Releasing for PC, PS4 and other consoles.

Last edited:
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I am still playing Thief 2 : The Metal Age. That game is awesome. If this is coming for PC, then I will definitely buy.

heidi2521

Padawan
Some Thief screens and artwork(P$4):

Thief 4 PS4 screens & artwork - see the darker side of The City. Wait, it's all dark | PS4 Games, PS4 Previews | Official PlayStation Magazine

Flash

Lost in speed
Thief 4 PS4 screens & artwork - see the darker side of The City. Wait, it's all dark | PS4 Games, PS4 Previews | Official PlayStation Magazine

Dishonored was inspired by Thief, though most people would never have played/heard about the THIEF series before.
Those people will soon compare this with Dishonored, and will say "Thief(reboot) is like Dishonored" :mrgreen:

cyborg47

Technomancer
Dishonored was inspired by Thief, though most people would never have played/heard about the THIEF series before.
Those people will soon compare this with Dishonored, and will say "Thief(reboot) is like Dishonored" :mrgreen:

That happens all the time..not just in video games.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I hear that this will have third-person view as well. I would hate it if they make it Assassin's Creed like.

heidi2521

Padawan
PC version superiority confirmed. Capped at 30 FPS on the PS4

PS4 Thief capped at 30fps, producer suggests - 60fps 'not a necessity' - Thief for PS4 News

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Here are the artwork from that link :

*media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/04/104772K13-Apr-4-Thief-Screenshot-002.jpg

*media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/04/104922K13-Apr-4-Thief-Screenshot-002.jpg

*media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/04/104942K13-Apr-4-Thief-Screenshot-004.jpg

*media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/04/104792K13-Apr-4-Thief-Screenshot-004.jpg

*media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/04/104802K13-Apr-4-Thief-Screenshot-005.jpg

*media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/04/104762K13-Apr-4-Thief-Screenshot-001.jpg

*media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/04/104882K13-Apr-4-Thief-Screenshot-013.jpg

*media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/04/104862K13-Apr-4-Thief-Screenshot-011.jpg

Even the Thief:Deadly shadows has Third-person view.

Haven't played Deadly Shadows yet. Still playing Thief 2 : The Metal Age. :D

PC version superiority confirmed. Capped at 30 FPS on the PS4

PS4 Thief capped at 30fps, producer suggests - 60fps 'not a necessity' - Thief for PS4 News

PC master race.

I hope they make the campaign as long as its predecessors.

PS: It doesn't look like a complete reboot since Garett still has his artificial eye.

heidi2521

Padawan
Here are the artwork from that link :
PS: It doesn't look like a complete reboot since Garett still has his artificial eye.

I'm hoping its a soft reboot in the line of The New 52 or Star Trek. It is possible that they kept the eye in this timeline too while still making it a complete reboot, discarding all the history and lore from previous games.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
He kinda looks like Desmond/Altair to me. We need well lit a full frontal shot to confirm if it has the the assassin's peak :p

What do you think?

*media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/04/104852K13-Apr-4-Thief-Screenshot-010.jpg

*media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/04/48042K13-Apr-4-Garrett.jpg

*media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/04/48102K13-Apr-4-Garrett-1.jpg

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
This is the best news i have got in the recent times. I absolutely love this game. Played Thief demo in 1997 but did not have money to buy the original game. Internet was just not there back then. Played all the 3 thief games whenever i could get them. Absolutely love them. Best stealth game IMO and i love stealth. Thief: deadly shadows was kind of scary at times but still just damn awesome. Can't wait. Thanks for the thread desmond :D

Screenshots look pretty neat and detailed. I just hope that PC port is not a crappy one.

Top Bottom