There Is An App For That - Ask Us !

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can somebody recommend a good sms app that is light weight & shows total messages in a thread always in main window/inbox like below?
upload_2019-10-27_16-40-22.png

I tried Yaata(above screenshot) a few days ago but it didn't work correctly on my phone & textra sms requires you to slide the conversation to right to see it(so not always showing in inbox like above screenshot). Couldn't find this option in chomp/qksms/android stock message app & handcent next sms is too big.

doomgiver

Warframe
@whitestar_999 how is textra? im using qksms rn, and its great, except for the fact that its sms blocker is absolutely fucked (it blacklists bank/commerce OTP sms if you enable blacklist/sms blocker)

is it lightweight and supports blocking sms?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried for a little time only so can't say much but I found Yaata to be the smallest in size(~20mb compared to Textra's ~90mb) & it seemed perfect with all the features I need except for the fact that it doesn't work on my phone. I will tell you this though,you will have to install the app & actually use it for some time to know whether some feature you saw in description actually works like the way you want. In fact I suggest to not use sms blocker feature but simple delete after seeing it or just let these collect in the thread(e.g.promotional sms from my service provider are mostly concentrated in few large threads with each having ~100+ sms).

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Okay need some apps, any casual game is okay (board, card, puzzle, quiz, strategy etc). Pls don't say PUBG.

Its for a regular group that used to play tabletop games such as Anomia, Codenames, CAH, Coup, The Resistance, Dice Forge, Ghost Stories, Azul, Monopoly Deal, Carcassonne, Werewolf, Time Stories and so on, on weekends. If there are only 4-6 player games such as Catan or 7 Wonders, We allow people to team up and play as a single player, so people can leave/join at any time. But for multiplayer games where everyone is playing from home, this approach is not feasible, so we need games that support more players.

- Cross platform multiplayer between iOS and Android
- Allows 16 people to play
- Private rooms
- Does not require people to be in same location
- Free (if one person has to pay for it, or required features such as modes or private rooms, that is okay)
- web apps are okay if they can be used on smartphones
- gameplay in "rounds", like start a game, finish it then start from scratch again. Preferably less than 30 minutes

So far only ones I know are Psyche! and Werewolf online. Are there any others?

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Okay need some apps, any casual game is okay (board, card, puzzle, quiz, strategy etc)

- Cross platform multiplayer between iOS and Android
- Allows 16 people to play
- Private rooms
- Does not require people to be in same location
- Free (if one person has to pay for it, or required features such as modes or private rooms, that is okay)

So far only ones I know are Psyche! and Werewolf online. Are there any others?
Uno and Ludo?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Bombsquad. But it allows only 8 players
Terraria (8 players)
Minecraft : Pocket Edition (10 players)
Chain Reaction (8 players)
Spaceteam (8 players)

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I just checked on Mattel's Uno and they have 99 free rooms for private mode which don't require GPS. :D
Nope, the 99 free rooms for private mode refreshes every day, but it supports only 4 players. The 8 player mode needs GPS spoofing for everyone to be in same location virtually.

Bombsquad. But it allows only 8 players
Terraria (8 players)
Minecraft : Pocket Edition (10 players)
Chain Reaction (8 players)
Spaceteam (8 players)
Non gamers, so Terraria and Minecraft is all too involving. Will try Bombsquad though. We already exhausted Spaceteam and Chain Reaction though. Spaceteam required discord voice calling so it was difficult. Also, Houseparty. There are 10-14 players actually.

Thanks everyone for replies, have added more context in the original post

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Play cards against humanity, if possible.. idk if there is an android port but its a hilarious party game. Airconsole had it but it requires you all sit together

Cards against humanity will sit well with non gamers who aren't offended too easily.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I used to play worms on computer.. which was real fun.
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.worms3.app

For nexus 5, Riptide GP 2 was free, really good graphic game
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vectorunit.silver.googleplay

Last edited:

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Please suggest remote control app for LG FHD TV and TATA Sky HD box.

As of now I use Mi Remote, works but most of the buttons are missing, and same ui for all remotes
And LG Remote works perfectly, similar to normal remote.
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amplez.lg_remote_akb
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amplez.lg_remotes

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please suggest remote control app for LG FHD TV and TATA Sky HD box.

As of now I use Mi Remote, works but most of the buttons are missing, and same ui for all remotes
And LG Remote works perfectly, similar to normal remote.
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amplez.lg_remote_akb
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amplez.lg_remotes

For TATA did you try these :
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.gaffarmart.www.tataskyremote&hl=en_IN

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.osfunapps.remoteforskyindia&hl=en_IN

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I want to run windows 7 or 10 on mobile.
I will run this Geo software.
*download.hexagongeospatial.com/search?lang=en&keyword=GeoMedia Viewer&product=Select a product
Need suggestions?.

andy_65_in

Padawan
Please help me restore my lost google contacts...lost accidentally deleted,while configuring a new phone for my daughter...not visible in google contacts...androud 10..realme

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Please help me restore my lost google contacts...lost accidentally deleted,while configuring a new phone for my daughter...not visible in google contacts...androud 10..realme
Check in a browser
*contacts.google.com/

If they are present there, they should get synced up. Otherwise, check your current phone and sync them up. Also, why are you logging in her phone? Does she not have her own email id? :)

Top Bottom