There Is An App For That - Ask Us !

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can these apps send files to and from the memory card?
FTP is a protocol.Basically there are two types of FTP apps:FTP client & FTP server.Once you setup a FTP server then you can share any files within it.FTP client on other devices can then be used to access FTP server to access files(kinda like windows shared folders).

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Nova Launcher Prime @ Rs.10 only for Limited Time
*i.imgur.com/4Vmd10m.png
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher.prime&hl=en_IN

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Guys, is this link to legit GCam app for Moto G5+?
*forum.xda-developers.com/g5-plus/themes/app-arnova8g2s-google-camera-port-t3731028

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Guys, is this link to legit GCam app for Moto G5+?
*forum.xda-developers.com/g5-plus/themes/app-arnova8g2s-google-camera-port-t3731028
Google Camera Port: Pixel Camera App

Check this also.
BSG, arnova ports have maximum working features.. try others too.

TheSloth

The Slowest One

Check this also.
Thanks dude. That APK didn't work so I will try this one on weekend. I was getting message "installation not complete" or something.

billubakra

Conversation Architect

Check this also.

Clicking from other phone. Too lazy to transfer and send it lol

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181228/32f024d3d93e1a279b84afeec22346a6.jpg

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
My need: I'm a College Lecturer. I want an app that can be used for attendance of a class... Similarly if we can have a system of SMS'ing the ward's attendance to parents that would be awesome!
Right now, we call parents weekly, but that system is unreliable and teacher-effort consuming.

Basic questionnaire :

1. What is your mobile operating system including version number? If Android, please mention if rooted or not.
I need support for both Android & iOS as the teachers have different phones. Still, I have Android 4.4.

2. What is your phone model?
I need that there should be maximum compatibility so that staff members can use it.

3. Are you looking for a) Free application b) Paid application c) Either d) Open source application?
Any of the above. But, my college would prefer free so that we can test it without commitment.

4. Do you have any particular application in mind or are you looking for a replacement for any particular application?
None. I tried few apps from play store. They were not what I was looking for.

5. What do you intend to use the application for?
Attendance of students, provision to add various batches per teacher, and to import student names, provision to make excel files from the attendance.

If the excel (.xls or .csv) files are made for attendance, then I can work on their SMS myself as a lot of online tools are there...
But I need a convenient app to record attendance.

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
My need: I'm a College Lecturer. I want an app that can be used for attendance of a class... Similarly if we can have a system of SMS'ing the ward's attendance to parents that would be awesome!
Right now, we call parents weekly, but that system is unreliable and teacher-effort consuming.

Basic questionnaire :

1. What is your mobile operating system including version number? If Android, please mention if rooted or not.
I need support for both Android & iOS as the teachers have different phones. Still, I have Android 4.4.

2. What is your phone model?
I need that there should be maximum compatibility so that staff members can use it.

3. Are you looking for a) Free application b) Paid application c) Either d) Open source application?
Any of the above. But, my college would prefer free so that we can test it without commitment.

4. Do you have any particular application in mind or are you looking for a replacement for any particular application?
None. I tried few apps from play store. They were not what I was looking for.

5. What do you intend to use the application for?
Attendance of students, provision to add various batches per teacher, and to import student names, provision to make excel files from the attendance.

If the excel (.xls or .csv) files are made for attendance, then I can work on their SMS myself as a lot of online tools are there...
But I need a convenient app to record attendance.
Tried these?
Top 7 Mobile Attendance Tracking Apps - TimeCamp

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
That's lot of APKs. How do I check which one is for Moto G5+ ?
Ask Moto sub thread on XDA, which developers are working on Moto devices.
Most ports work on every device available regardless of brand name.

*forum.xda-developers.com/g5-plus/themes

Also XDA created seperate forum for gcam ports.
*forum.xda-developers.com/apps/google-camera-mods

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hitman @ 0 rs for a limited time
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.squareenixmontreal.hitmansniperandroid

Last edited:

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
All apps worth trying...
*www.xda-developers.com/top-new-indie-apps-2018-xda-forum/

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hi @Anorion . Since you use Walnut app, I hope you can give some clarification on how useful such an app is to track finance. Specifically I want these features:
> Reminders on various credit card, electricity, water, Internet bills etc, on different dates
> Ability to snooze the reminder so that I only turn it off once I pay the bill.
> Auto categorizations of all the expenses I do, be it via PayTM or Credit card, or UPI in categories like: Bills, Food, Shopping, Entertainment etc
> Tracking the investments I make in different Mutual funds (is this even possible)?
> Ability to access these reports on PC too.

Are above things possible in Walnut? And does it provide a PC (web) interface too?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tracking the investments I make in different Mutual funds (is this even possible)?
At least for this I would suggest to just check once in a month/months. MFs are for long terms investment(talking about 10+ years here) & as long as it is a good established fund all you need to do is maintain your SIPs. In fact return of most MFs are running in negative for last few months but avg return of any good MF over 10+ years will always be positive & much more than any tradition saving instrument like FD,PF etc.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I am looking for an app in which I can make a list of tasks to be completed monthly. Some of these may be bimonthly or quarterly etc. The app should present me a checklist to complete each month.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I am looking for an app in which I can make a list of tasks to be completed monthly. Some of these may be bimonthly or quarterly etc. The app should present me a checklist to complete each month.
Solcalender used to have tons of features. Its development was stopped mid way. Check if it solves your purpose.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Looking for an app that can stop/force close an app that we select for a duration set by the user or between the timeframe like 10 am-1 pm. If its add free then great. I know one which is no root firewall and it works well, but it fools the phone that a vpn connection is set up. No problem with that, but the battery drain is on the higher side.
@whitestar_999 @anupam_pb @SaiyanGoku @Vyom

Last edited:
Top Bottom