There Is An App For That - Ask Us !

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I thought we should have a thread for suggesting applications for mobile users based on their specific requirement.

Code:
Basic questionnaire :

1. What is your mobile operating system including version number? If Android, please mention if rooted or not.
[B]Eg. Android, iOS, BlackBerryOS, Symbian, Windows Mobile etc.[/B]

2. What is your phone model?
[B]Company-Model name-Model number.[/B]

3. Are you looking for a) Free application b) Paid application c) Either d) Open source application?
[B]Any or all of these.[/B]

4. Do you have any particular application in mind or are you looking for a replacement for any particular application?
[B]Either the name of application you are looking to verify or the one which you have/know and are looking for an equivalent to.[/B]

5. What do you intend to use the application for?
[B]Basic idea of what the purpose of this application for you.[/B]

- - - Updated - - -

I will go first ;)

Basic questionnaire :

1. What is your mobile operating system including version number?
Android KitKat 4.4.4 rooted and Xposed framework installed.

Sony Xperia ZR

3. Are you looking for a) Free application b) Paid application c) Either d) Open source application?
Free

4. Do you have any particular application in mind or are you looking for a replacement for any particular application?
None

Looking for a launcher closest to Sony stock launcher but with added feature of being able to arrange app drawer according to the frequency of application usage.

Last edited:

The Volstagg

Broken In
[MENTION=139416]sling-shot[/MENTION] its a nice idea that u have started such a thread. Give a try to apus launcher. Maybe it suits your needs! But the best launcher(according to me) is nova launcher, followed by Google now launcher and yahoo Aviate!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Not exactly sure how is Stock launcher, but I really like the default Android stock launcher. And use Apex launcher to add loads of features without sacrificing the basic look.

Btw, good idea for a thread.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I don't know if you still haven't rooted or not. If rooted, you are in luck, there is an Xposed Module for your specific need. Its called Serajr Xperia Xposed. It adds some extra feature for Sony Launcher like sorting, hiding apps from drawer, rotation, re-sizable widgets etc etc..

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=313772]The Volstagg[/MENTION]
Specifically do the mentioned launchers match feature to feature the stock Sony launcher? I remember APUS had some shortcomings in my trial earlier. Google Now - do not like giving everything to Google, privacy concerns. Nova launcher is something I liked but this thing really bothers me where I cannot sort the app drawer per my needs. Yahoo Aviate - not tried recently. Problem is I end up going back to the stock launcher somehow.

[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]
I am trying Apex on the side. But configuring my 5 pages of homescreens with all the app groupings and various widgets and also need for multiple clicks to change app drawer sorting been irritating me there.

[MENTION=169037]ariftwister[/MENTION]
Rooted. (actually I think this point should be added to the questionnaire itself). I have installed Xposed for battery stats. I will search for and try the module you suggest. If it works, my search ends there. Thanks a ton :)

[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]
Thanks for making it sticky. I thought people would find it useful.

The Volstagg

Broken In
[MENTION=139416]sling-shot[/MENTION] I feel yahoo aviate is an answer for your hunt for a launcher. Its infact intelligent. Check out PlayStore for more detailed info about aviate. Aviate would suite your needs( I have used it for a few weeks). Give it a try and do tell us whether it was a hit for you.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Aviate does group the apps in various categories automatically. So it might work well.
Btw, its owned by Yahoo! now.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
The Xposed module turned out to be a non-solution as I do not see any option to change the sort order of app drawer. Further it seems to have changed some colour schemes from default which I am not getting back even after uninstalling the module.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
The Xposed module turned out to be a non-solution as I do not see any option to change the sort order of app drawer. Further it seems to have changed some colour schemes from default which I am not getting back even after uninstalling the module.

Which module did you try exactly ?? The module should have reset to default option. . I think you have tried different module. .

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Umm. I did not use that option. Will reinstall, then reset to default. It was the module you suggested above.

It doesn't have any option to increase number of most used apps in app drawer. Could you please verify in your phone?

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Oops Sry, I am not using Stock Rom now, so can't check it. Do check that module often, or contact the author via XDA, he will add the features you request.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I might have landed a temporary solution here at Dodol Launcher (*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.campmobile.launcher)

But the missing stock Sony widgets could be an issue yet.

Thanks for the suggestions.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
1. What is your mobile operating system including version number? If Android, please mention if rooted or not.
Android Lolipop 5.1(CM) Rooted
Samsung Grand 2

Free

No

Need some hiding app to hide some of my videos and pics.Audio manager is not so safe as it is easy to get into the core folder......

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The easiest way would be to add dot before the folder name. This hides the folder in linux and also contents don't show up in Gallery. (Just a quick and dirty solution).

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
[MENTION=285910]TechnoBOY[/MENTION] - There are some gallery apps which encrypt the file and they can't be viewed through file managers. I use "GalleryVault".

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
1. What is your mobile operating system including version number?<br />
<b>Android KitKat 4.4.4 rooted and Xposed framework installed.</b><br />
<br />
2. What is your phone model?<br />
<b>Sony Xperia ZR</b><br />
<br />
3. Are you looking for a) Free application b) Paid application c) Either d) Open source application?<br />
<b>Free</b><br />
<br />
4. Do you have any particular application in mind or are you looking for a replacement for any particular application?<br />
<b>None</b><br />
<br />
5. What do you intend to use the application for?<br />
<b>To group various mobile banking alert SMS together in one conversation even though they would have been sent through different operators.

To explain further, I have six accounts in six banks. I get different alerts from each of them and each bank uses multiple operators to send from resulting in messages being all over the place. For eg. SBI will send one transaction alert from TD-SBI while end of day balance alert from DM-SBI. They will be shown as 2 separate conversations and end of month it is a nightmare going through all.

My requirement is for the app to display all messages from xx-SBI under same conversation. </b></i>

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I think I got it just now. There is an app called Disa on Play Store which has just come out of closed Alpha into open Beta.

It allows merging different conversations into one.

It is still buggy. Hope future updates sort out the problems.

It also supports WhatsApp, Facebook etc. if you are interested.

Free now but do not know about their revenue model. Looking at the polish feels like may go pay or freemium route.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
1. What is your mobile operating system including version number?
- iOS 7.1
- iPhone 4
- Free
- Similar to Andro Expert Solutions which is only for android.
- I want that my SMSs and alerts for missed calls to my email.

Top Bottom