There Is An App For That - Ask Us !

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Sorry my bad.. The reason for avoiding Cheetah mobiles apps is this

I may be going offtopic here, but since I am confused, and to get things straight... so are we avoiding Cheetah mobile apps due to it being shady? The app sends data to its servers without permissions etc?
The facts are distributed all over the Reddit page, hence the ambiguity.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I may be going offtopic here, but since I am confused, and to get things straight... so are we avoiding Cheetah mobile apps due to it being shady? The app sends data to its servers without permissions etc?
The facts are distributed all over the Reddit page, hence the ambiguity.

They take/buy a perfectly good app and then bloat it with ads and background services.

"Boost your phone by 70% while viewing pics"

Minion

Conversation Architect
1. What is your mobile operating system including version number? If Android, please mention if rooted or not.
Android 5.1.1, Non-Rooted.

2. What is your phone model?
Samsung Galaxy Note 5

3. Are you looking for a) Free application b) Paid application c) Either d) Open source application?
Free

4. Do you have any particular application in mind or are you looking for a replacement for any particular application?
I have used an app like that before but forgot its name. . Its app icon is detective portrait image in green :D

5. What do you intend to use the application for?
When someones enter password 2 or 3 times wrong, the app should capture the image of the attacker and mail it to the owner along with the location. .

Try prey.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
1. What is your mobile operating system including version number? If Android, please mention if rooted or not.
Android 5.1.1(CM12.1), Rooted.

Samsung Galaxy Grand 2

3. Are you looking for a) Free application b) Paid application c) Either d) Open source application?
Free

4. Do you have any particular application in mind or are you looking for a replacement for any particular application?
Nop

Need an app to hear from my phones mic remotely. i e When the phone is connected to WiFi or Mobile Data i need live(or Recorded) input from mic to another android phone or Computer.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=285910]TechnoBOY[/MENTION]

Try either Lost Android or Avast Anti-Theft. They have microphone capabilities but how they actually work, I have no idea as I have not used them.

jodo_c

Broken In
Eg. Android 5.1.1 Rooted

Company-LG name-Nexus 4

Any or all of these.
Either
Alternative for Music tagger.
I want to Auto tags my music in my mobile especially Hindi Songs. Music Tagger doesn't support Hindi songs so need something that does.Album/Artist covers too if possible.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
[MENTION=289819]jodo_c[/MENTION] :
Try iTag in playstore. I have used it in the ICS era. Should suffice for your needs.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Basic questionnaire :

Android, 5.1, rooted

Meizu M1 Note

Any

A SMS replacement app that shows the old traditional smileys found in the old S40 Nokia phones (The nokia 1600, 2700, etc models) smileys as colorful emoticons instead of plain text. I mean I want the smileys like :-\ :-> ;-> :-/ and others to appear like they do on the Nokia phones and not just like a colon followed by the slash sign...

The usual SMS apps on the play store like Go SMS, Textra, Chomp SMS etc replace just one or two smileys but not all of them.

Any help???

Since I am rooted and have xposed installed, could changing the system font help in replacing the plain text smileys to the way I want them as colorful emoticons???

As stated above.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=139494]powerhoney[/MENTION]
QK SMS might do the trick. But I am not sure if it covers all smileys like you need.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for your help but this app turned out to have even fewer smileys than the others that I had already tried!!!
Sorry about that. It has been open sourced now. May be a bug report will help. I am supposed to have filed a feature request for merging conversations anyway. If I find time I will try to request this too.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok one requirement of app (for a friend):

Android 4.4 Kitkat. Non rooted.

Some Micromax phone

Any

No application in mind

An app that provides facility to turn off and on data, but only after authentication from user. But the person shouldn't know that its locked from password.
Can a script be created for this purpose? Executing which will toggle the Data On and Off, but which can only be run by me (or someone who knows how to do it)?

jodo_c

Broken In
Try Tasker best suited for your need [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] but it will require root I guess. And you have to learn to make task of what you want or Google maybe someone already did it.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Try Tasker best suited for your need [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] but it will require root I guess. And you have to learn to make task of what you want or Google maybe someone already did it.

I tried AutomateIt app and although the rule "Turn Mobile data off, when mobile data is on" triggers, it don't seem to turn data off.
So the next best option was to make application crash when the application is executed. So if someone wants to run Chrome, it will crash. :p

Well, as a turnaround it's ok.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Andy 5.1 Rooted

samsung Grand 2

Free

NONE

Need an app which play/pause/skip songs while tapping on back on the phone.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
[MENTION=285910]TechnoBOY[/MENTION] you might find shake to change song but tapping on back might be dependent on hardware rather than anything else

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Andy 5 Rooted

Moto X 1st Gen

Either

TTPod or Google Music

Need a good Music Player with NICE Graphics Equalizer. (Remember Real Player from an age old era? I loved the graphics equalizer on it. It was something like this:)

*images.botbi.com/screenshot/realplayer.png

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Andy 5 Rooted

Moto X 1st Gen

Either

TTPod or Google Music

Need a good Music Player with NICE Graphics Equalizer. (Remember Real Player from an age old era? I loved the graphics equalizer on it. It was something like this:)

*images.botbi.com/screenshot/realplayer.png

PowerAmp, Shuttle+, GoneMAD etc paired with viper4Android.

Top Bottom