Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Tata Indicom

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Now I'm pretty relieved. No disconnecting probs now. Also getting good speeds (1.5 Mb/s DL 144 Kb/s UL) on my BSNL H500 plan.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
reliance haha

it is good

but it will take a month to get your connection repaired if some problem :D

afonofa

Journeyman
Sify is the bap of all worst ISP's.
I would have voted sify. A friend was on sify(still is) and there was a trojan downloading from the ISP itself! It took sify over 4 months to fix it on their end :rolleyes:

Tata indicom rox. 384@1000 and i get speeds of 44+ wile downloading.
You are paying Rs.1000 pm for 44KBps? I'm paying Rs.1300 for 200KBps+, 1.25Gb monthly download limit, 12am-8am night time free download and including landline telephone charges, on MTNL Triband Mumbai.

Which is the worst ISP from your perspective ??

For me, its the one I'm using.....BSNL DataONe.

This just sux. Just a 15mins of heavy rainfall and every thing fukked up!!!

I keep disconnecting since the rain stopped. I d/c 6 times in 12mins :mad:.

Just bcoz of 15mins of heavy rainfall, I cant load half of the sites.~

~Its not the worst ISP bcoz I am facing probs. Look at the 'Post your Dataone queries here' thread.

Why isnt there such a thread for Airtel/Tata/Reliance ?? Bcoz they are reliable enuff.
Look at BSNL's plans. 1mb/s UL for 9k/month........WTF!!! Airtel provides the same for 2222/month. BSNL's 2mb/s plans give good speeds but the download limits are horrible!! 5GB for 1k.....WTF again :mad: and the NightUL is there but its just from 2-8 (only 6hrs) while the same plans from Tata Indicom have NightUL from 9PM-9AM (12hours). On top of this, BSNL's service is just sh1t. If you call up their help center, the engineer/lineman will come to your house after 2-3 days.....while all other ISP's service is prompt :|.
In Mumbai, we are lucky if we can see the railway tracks and roads after heavy rains, and you are labelling BSNL as the worst just because your net is getting dc. The problem isn't the ISP, its India, things only work perfectly on paper here. BTW last year I had the exact same problem with MTNL Triband, but this year the situation has been much better.

You do know that even Rs.2222 for 1mbps UL plan is a lot higher compared to the plans in developed countries. Its only here in India, that we have these ridiculous download limits, free night time and exorbitantly high unlimited plans:rolleyes:...and the Government of India keeps wondering why the growth of broadband subscribers hasn't kept pace with cellphone subscribers :lol:

Most users are on BSNL/MTNL, maybe thats why they have dedicated threads for their queries.

Dont expect any customer service in India. That way whatever little you get, it makes you feel like a king.

BSNL provides same speed, better download limits-more free Gb pm, and less cost compared to MTNL. I want MTNL to provide the same rates and download limits as BSNL but I won't label MTNL as the worst(far from it). Till things get better in our country, just console yourself with the fact that it doesn't rain 24/7 and that too only during the rainy season :)

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Now I'm getting awesome speeds!!!!!
I'm still on the same sh1tty BSNL connection, but ever since I switched to OpenDNS, it's much faster. It's also supposed to be much more secure.
OpenDNS rocks!!!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
You are paying Rs.1000 pm for 44KBps? I'm paying Rs.1300 for 200KBps+, 1.25Gb monthly download limit, 12am-8am night time free download and including landline telephone charges, on MTNL Triband Mumbai.

Hey which plan?
Last time I checked they don't provide any night unlimited plan, even talked to the customer care too.......
Link plz, if exists.........

With me well, MTNL Triband has not disappointed me with anything except the plans :p
I mean, if Delhi can have reasonable plans, why not Mumbai?
I get really good speeds (250-400 KBps) Touchwood :D
But I have the rotten 400mb plan :mad:, which totally puts me off as I cant download most of the good stuff. (...cough...torrents....cough)
Any reasonable plans you'll can think of? In mumbai? :wink:

afonofa

Journeyman
Hey which plan?
Last time I checked they don't provide any night unlimited plan, even talked to the customer care too.......
Link plz, if exists.........
MTNL Triband Mumbai tariff. I have the DSL NU 849 plan. They have this plan in effect from 20th June 2007. You must have talked to them before that.
I get really good speeds (250-400 KBps) Touchwood :D
But I have the rotten 400mb plan :mad:, which totally puts me off as I cant download most of the good stuff. (...cough...torrents....cough)
Any reasonable plans you'll can think of? In mumbai? :wink:
250-400 KBps on a 2Mbps is really lucky. But you are right, you cant utilize it to the full on a 400MB plan. To access all the good stuff( :D ) you'll have to switch to the DSL NU 849 plan. Its the only reasonable, partially unlimited(night time) downloads plan from MTNL Triband Mumbai. But just for fun, checkout the full unlimited plans. Their 2Mbps completely unlimited plan was Rs.20,000/- pm when they first started it. Now they've taken it down to Rs.15,000/- :rolleyes:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
MTNL Triband Mumbai tariff. I have the DSL NU 849 plan. They have this plan in effect from 20th June 2007. You must have talked to them before that.

Checked..........hmmmmmm
Not for me, I'm very bad at getting up early. And just don't feel cool using those 2-8AM automatic d/l tricks........agar fail kiya to gaya........:p

I keep my PC always on with Airtel 384kbps(50KBps const.) n uTorrent keeps on working in my absense:grin:

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Which is the worst ISP from your perspective ??

For me, its the one I'm using.....BSNL DataONe.

This just sux. Just a 15mins of heavy rainfall and every thing fukked up!!! :mad:

I keep disconnecting since the rain stopped. I d/c 6 times in 12mins :mad:.

Just bcoz of 15mins of heavy rainfall, I cant load half of the sites.

And this problem is throughout my town. This sux!!!

India is on both boats. On one had, Airtel is considered one of the best ISPs of the world and BSNL is the WORST ISP.

Its not the worst ISP bcoz I am facing probs. Look at the 'Post your Dataone queries here' thread.

Why isnt there such a thread for Airtel/Tata/Reliance ?? Bcoz they are reliable enuff.
Look at BSNL's plans. 1mb/s UL for 9k/month........WTF!!! Airtel provides the same for 2222/month. BSNL's 2mb/s plans give good speeds but the download limits are horrible!! 5GB for 1k.....WTF again :mad: and the NightUL is there but its just from 2-8 (only 6hrs) while the same plans from Tata Indicom have NightUL from 9PM-9AM (12hours). On top of this, BSNL's service is just sh1t. If you call up their help center, the engineer/lineman will come to your house after 2-3 days.....while all other ISP's service is prompt :|.

oh no, got d/ced again....:mad: This the 2nd time I got d/ced while posting this :mad: :mad: :mad:.

Anyways guys, whats your opinion. Which ISP is the worst in your consideration ??
i am using BSNL DataOne BroadBand & never got such prob....

as i think it's best in our town & only BSNL provides BB Service in our town rest all r DialUp, ISDN and Plug2Surf NO BroadBand (xcept BSNL).

afonofa

Journeyman
Checked..........hmmmmmm
Not for me, I'm very bad at getting up early. And just don't feel cool using those 2-8AM automatic d/l tricks........agar fail kiya to gaya........:p

I keep my PC always on with Airtel 384kbps(50KBps const.) n uTorrent keeps on working in my absense:grin:
Fail hone ka sawal hi nahi hai(there's no question of failing). I've been using it for over 1 year now with 100% success rate. Its 12am-8am with MTNL. 2am-8am is BSNL night time. The data you can download in 24 hrs, you can download in 8 hours with MTNL. You save on electricity bills. Voice/cam chat, web browsing, playing online games etc. its all better, faster and simultaneous at 2Mbps.

If cost is the limiting factor, then its fine to stay with your current 384Kbps Airtel. But if its only the night time factor thats stopping you, then you go ahead and apply for MTNL Triband today itself because I guarantee you a 100% success rate with no third party software involved(there's no two ways about it).

Some saturday nights, I stay up and watch 4 movies one after the other. By the time I'm done watching the first, the 2nd one's finished downloading :D (stop frowning at me, everybody's on p2p! :p)

f**k :(
My bill this time is about 6K, and 4K is only net charges :cry:
I seriously need another plan, this 6K thing is happening for quite a while now:(
Any suggestions?
What about the "Trib Unlimited Plan-1"? I mean, is it worth the 2.5K? and do they offer full 256kbps without any downtime as such?
PS. How many KBps is 256kbps?

afonofa

Journeyman
f**k :(
My bill this time is about 6K, and 4K is only net charges :cry:
I seriously need another plan, this 6K thing is happening for quite a while now:(
Any suggestions?
What about the "Trib Unlimited Plan-1"? I mean, is it worth the 2.5K? and do they offer full 256kbps without any downtime as such?
PS. How many KBps is 256kbps?
If you are on the 2Mbps, 400MB download limit plan(DSL Combo or TriB 200P plan right?), how did you manage to get Rs.4000/- as internet charges?! Did you download 3-4GB extra? If so you really need to switch to NU(night unlimited) plan(you can download 4GB in 1 night :D).

If you opt for 256Kbps for Rs.2500/- you will be a dissatisfied customer. Not because of downtime or such, the plan will provide what they say it does, but since you've experienced 2Mbps, the change in bandwidth from 2Mbps to 256Kbps will be really frustrating for you. At 256Kbps you will get a download speed of 25-30KBps. The plan is fully unlimited, but you can download more in less time with the DSL NU 849 plan.

If you are a heavy downloader, go with the DSL NU 849 plan. Its the only reasonably priced plan at 2Mbps, which I think should be the minimum to be classified as broadband by our government (sadly the GoI feels 256Kbps is broadband enough :( )

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Lalu Prasad Yadav's broadband service: *www.railwire.in/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=43

(Probably known by many people living :D here in the forum)

tkin

Back to school!!
One day I was getting connection problem on BSNL, disconnected and reconnected the Splitter cables and it was fine, looks like BSNL provides really faulty Splitters, changed it and got another from a hardware shop and no such problem since then, still getting 1.5-1.6Mbps on night time unlimited:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom