Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Tata Indicom

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

afonofa

Journeyman
Is that for real or is it some joke? It should be 25KBps upload but somehow I'm getting 50KBps upload with 2Mbps download on MTNL Triband. Its enough for me :p

Railwire has "Port speeds on 1:4 contention ratio". So does that mean if you sign up for 2Mbps you cannot complain if you get 512Kbps download speed or does it mean you are assured of 2Mbps download and 512Kbps upload? They haven't mentioned the upload speed in their tariff plans.

But it would be good to have a proper alternative to MTNL's near monopoly in Mumbai. I did not know about railwire. Thanks :) I'll keep it on my broadband radar from now on.

What say about Tata Indicom?
They have great unlimited plans.... but how is the reliabililty?
And what about Airtel?
I'm asking coz I may have to change my ISP since 6K for net is too expensive :(

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Airtel ftw........ The best ISP in India. If you can pay, then go for its 2222/month unlimited plan (1mbps unlimited). Awesome plan and VFM in India. Otherwise they have a 999/month 384kbps unlimited plan :|.

I'm from Bombay
Last I know Airtel was not offered in my locality :mad:
Whom can I contact regarding this?
Also Howz Tata Indicom? their plans are very enticing....

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is that for real or is it some joke? It should be 25KBps upload but somehow I'm getting 50KBps upload with 2Mbps download on MTNL Triband. Its enough for me :p

Railwire has "Port speeds on 1:4 contention ratio". So does that mean if you sign up for 2Mbps you cannot complain if you get 512Kbps download speed or does it mean you are assured of 2Mbps download and 512Kbps upload? They haven't mentioned the upload speed in their tariff plans.

But it would be good to have a proper alternative to MTNL's near monopoly in Mumbai. I did not know about railwire. Thanks :) I'll keep it on my broadband radar from now on.
Contention ratio 1:4 means 1 connection/bandwidth is shared between 4 people. Yeah, we can't complain if we get 512kbps.

And that thing is for real. Its only available in a few parts of Bangalore though.

Well, its Cable broadband, I think. So, I think that the upload speeds will not be crappy like ADSL. BTW, I got 256kbps upload speed on BSNL. Soome guys get 512kbps though.

@Power Mania: Atleast get rid of K now.......:lol:

Last edited:

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
I am on Hathway connexion 1000 Rs for 4 months @ 1 Mbps speed and 4GB download cap(250 rs a month and 1 Gb per month free download).Good enough I say.
They provide 512 kbps UL for 1333 Rs p. m.(16000 for a year)

I am on Hathway connexion 1000 Rs for 4 months @ 1 Mbps speed and 4GB download cap(250 rs a month and 1 Gb per month free download).Good enough I say.
They provide 512 kbps UL for 1333 Rs p. m.(16000 for a year)
OMG :shock:
Where are you in Mumbai? Whom did you approach for Hathway? is it the cablewala connection?
I must say that it's an awesome plan, with 1 GB free too :rolleyes:
But many have told me to stay away from hathway. :???:

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
OMG :shock:
Where are you in Mumbai? Whom did you approach for Hathway? is it the cablewala connection?
I must say that it's an awesome plan, with 1 GB free too :rolleyes:
But many have told me to stay away from hathway. :???:
Yep, I approached my cablewaala for Hathway connection.I too was told to stay away from hathway, but I thought, heck what can possibly be more sh!tty than the crap MTNL[my prev. "ISP"] provides in the name of broadband.It's been pretty good so far.

EDIT: Oh and they didn't charge me anything for modem, wiring, initial deposit etc saying they had some kind of offer going on.

Maybe i should do that too..considering that the cablewaala is practically begging for customers..
what sort of download/surfing speeds do you get? When did you get it?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey shady......

What pings do you get in Hellsheaven with Hathway??

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Contention ratio 1:4 means 1 connection/bandwidth is shared between 4 people. Yeah, we can't complain if we get 512kbps.

And that thing is for real. Its only available in a few parts of Bangalore though.

Well, its Cable broadband, I think. So, I think that the upload speeds will not be crappy like ADSL. BTW, I got 256kbps upload speed on BSNL. Soome guys get 512kbps though.

@Power Mania: Atleast get rid of K now.......:lol:

dont talk about it now :(. I am happy without talking about it .......let me be happy :)

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Tata Indicom is worst .
In chennai, BSNL is best..
Airtel now being slow while compared to BSNL in UL Plans..
I am using BSNL UL 750+ @ 256 Kbps.. the speed has never drops below 20-22 kBps..
Airtel sucks 12 kBps in UL plans ... in chennai..

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
what's "open DNS"?

Whenever you try to visit a site, it's your DNS client that looks up the site on the web and delivers it to you. To know more about the DNS client, look up on Wikipedia. By changing your DNS client to OpenDNS, you can get better speeds and better security. To change your DNS client to OpenDNS, in the control panel, double click on Network Connections. Double click on your connection (DATAONE or something), click on "Properties", under the "Networking" tab, select "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)", click on "Properties". Check the radio button "Use the following DNS server addresses". Change the value of the primary DNS server to 208.67.222.222. Change the secondary DNS server to 208.67.222.220. This is the OpenDNS server address.

tkin

Back to school!!
Tata Indicom is worst .
In chennai, BSNL is best..
Airtel now being slow while compared to BSNL in UL Plans..
I am using BSNL UL 750+ @ 256 Kbps.. the speed has never drops below 20-22 kBps..
Airtel sucks 12 kBps in UL plans ... in chennai..
BSNL is "THE" cheapest and most economic option, Airtel is too costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom