The Windows Mobile Thread

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Use a virtual credit card.

is maestro card accepted? i have one
created an entropay account. now need to transfer money from my maestro. but entropay shows money in usd,pound or euro. no indian rupee?
dont know much about these things and dont wanna take risk as well.

EDIT:: found this one. *engineersworld.wordpress.com/2012/09/01/cvv-number-and-expiry-date-of-a-sbi-maestro-card/
will that help ? or am i revealing my details(pin) to the outside world? will that bring trouble?
really confused.

prudhivisekhar

In the zone

Hi...Some mp3 files not playing in lumia 920 and it is throwing error code. Is there any software to convert the files compatible to windows phone 8....similar to what itunes does for iphone.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

Hi...Some mp3 files not playing in lumia 920 and it is throwing error code. Is there any software to convert the files compatible to windows phone 8....similar to what itunes does for iphone.

what is the error code? try restarting your phone. it might fix the issue.

prudhivisekhar

In the zone

been trying to download the facebook app on airtel 2g ...since 2 hrs.....Is there anyway we can share reliance dongle internet as wifi?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

I have seen this , albeit rarely. A restart of th emusic app almost always sufficed. If not, then phone-restart.

If it keeps saying it cant play the file, then maybe there is something indeed wrong witht the file...

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

Nope. I don't have a WiFi connection to update. :(

go to nokia service center. they will update it. but you will need to reinstall all the softwares again and will need to do everything what you did when you just got your phone(like setting up microsoft account etc).

been trying to download the facebook app on airtel 2g ...since 2 hrs.....Is there anyway we can share reliance dongle internet as wifi?

do you have any wifi adapter. if yes, try to make a virtual hotspot or try connectify me.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

I will try to go to Nokia priority center and see if they could help me. Otherwise, Dad's office for the win.

By the way, WP's word suggestions is cool. :)

prudhivisekhar

In the zone

go to nokia service center. they will update it. but you will need to reinstall all the softwares again and will need to do everything what you did when you just got your phone(like setting up microsoft account etc).

do you have any wifi adapter. if yes, try to make a virtual hotspot or try connectify me.

virtual hotspot has a problem I think. It throws device not found error. for connectify, option for sharing dongle internet is there only on paid version...seems I have to wait for 3 more days, as my vacation will be over by that time .

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

Android torch app with over 50m downloads silently sent user location and device data to advertisers | Technology | theguardian.com

I jumped ship at the right time. :D

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

windows phone wale bhaiii log :D ...recently bought a Lumia 920, pranav in this forum told me about the GDR3, he also told me about how to update the phone to GDR2 first, so now since i went to phone update and updated the phone twice, it currently shows the phone is totally updated, but as i was informed, it should show something like Lumia Amber, but in the firmware/OS version section, i cant find such...any help guys ?

batman

Broken In

windows phone wale bhaiii log :D ...recently bought a Lumia 920, pranav in this forum told me about the GDR3, he also told me about how to update the phone to GDR2 first, so now since i went to phone update and updated the phone twice, it currently shows the phone is totally updated, but as i was informed, it should show something like Lumia Amber, but in the firmware/OS version section, i cant find such...any help guys ?

Go to Nokia Care --> about your lumia . There it will say lumia amber release. Checked in L 520

Flash

Lost in speed

If you say GDR3, you should do the following things:
1. Goto store and search for "Preview for developers".
2. Install the app, and register yourself for the preview.
3. Goto settings, and search for the update.
4. It should show that an update is available. If not, wait for few minutes or a day, to show up.
5. Update your Lumia, and now you're on GDR3.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Did you say updated TWICE ?

Then you must already be in GDR3.

Long press the <- button and if you see the "app close" X mark on the apps list, then you are ALREADY on GDR3..

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

If you say GDR3, you should do the following things:
1. Goto store and search for "Preview for developers".
2. Install the app, and register yourself for the preview.
3. Goto settings, and search for the update.
4. It should show that an update is available. If not, wait for few minutes or a day, to show up.
5. Update your Lumia, and now you're on GDR3.

right thanks, i just updated the phone and nokia care says its now Amber release, as u said , i went to apps then searched for "preview for Developers" and it came up with numbers of apps such as "Dev Center" "Auto Roation" "Intel App review" and so on and so forth, could you tell me which one to install?

Did you say updated TWICE ?

Then you must already be in GDR3.

Long press the <- button and if you see the "app close" X mark on the apps list, then you are ALREADY on GDR3..

yeah updated twice, once for apps i guess, now it says Amber release in nokia care, i need to update further it seems, coz no i could not see the X marks :p

P.S-> does this phone turn really hot if i do tasks like long updates?

Top Bottom