The Windows Mobile Thread

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

MS wont commit the same mistake twice. Because WP7 was on the CE kernel, It was not upgraded to WP8. WP8 and WP9, both are on NT kernel. So WP8 will get WP9.

But there is also this thing of 18 months support promised, So WP9 for phones released last year is doubtful but for phones launched right now, like lumia 928 , it is sure.

Flash

Lost in speed

^ Exactly. With the current-gen-Lumia's selling like hotcakes on low/mid/high, they won't risk their fortune just for the sake of showcasing their innovation (with the hardware limitations as like WP7).

Krow

Crowman

So Nokia has a global product launch in Delhi tomorrow. I'm hoping it isn't a much-improved Asha. Please please please be the Lumia 928. :p

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

So Nokia has a global product launch in Delhi tomorrow. I'm hoping it isn't a much-improved Asha. Please please please be the Lumia 928. :p

Unfortunately its heavily rumored to be an event Asha phones :(
*www.gsmarena.com/the_asha_501_may_be_what_nokia_will_unveil_tomorrow-news-5998.php

But then again, launching the 928 or some other high end phone here wouldnt be the wisest thing to do with half the reporters being disappointed that it doesnt have an "octa-core" and the other half clamoring about the "stupidity" of the phone not running Temple run 2.

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Kind of the wrong thread to put this being an Asha video, but I just hope some of those features trickle down to WP over time. For a featurephone thats a worndefully lovely OS right there:
The Nokia Asha 501 - Peter Skillman, Nokia Design Team - YouTube

Flash

Lost in speed

^ Is there any app like "Data sense" to track data usage for WP8?>

Flash

Lost in speed

Yes. Currently, am checking my data usage by messaging the operator (in my case, vodafone).

Flash

Lost in speed

Nokia Lumia 625 with 4.7" WVGA screen in the works? - GSMArena.com news

WHAT!!!!!

Shah

Cyborg Agent

WHAT!!!!!

Nokia has been eyeing the phablet market for a while now. So, there id no surprise in this. This could be a Grand competitor.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

WHAT!!!!!

Thats a fake image, look at the windows button, its the older variety. And secondly Nokia is not stupid to relase a phone with specs like that make little sense. :)
Evn the quoted res value fits well with this assumption since pre WP8 that was the only supported resolution. In all probability Nokia had this device just for testing and some guy was able to get a pic out now when they have probably thrown it into the trash.

Top Bottom