The Windows Mobile Thread

reniarahim1

Youngling
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

why is nokia behaving like apple to india?? what is stopping them from releasing 920 and 820 in india..why nokia, why??

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

it's because of the unexpected demand. Its got delayed.

I've got a new 710. i tried updating drive to 3.0 but after downloading 50 % it says attention required. press here.
So i uninstalled. whenever i tried reinstalling it, the same happens after downloading 50 % it says attention required. press here.
So now i have no nokia drive on the phone. I even hard reset the phone. still facing the same issue.
is this a common issue? does anybody know a fix?

Empirial

Youngling

Hi, Is it true that the downloading process of Video's via apps like Youtube Downloader stop as soon as the screen is locked?

reniarahim1

Youngling

In the mean time Apollo+ update is coming in Q1 2013.

- Support for VPN networks
- Support for OTA updates.
- Fixes for issues such as Wi-Fi connection bug

and most importantly 'Notification Center'

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

the wifi connection behaviour is not a bug. It's a power saving feature!

Hi, Is it true that the downloading process of Video's via apps like Youtube Downloader stop as soon as the screen is locked?

no...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Prepare to update! Rumor: Windows Phone 7.8 Arrives This Week | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Respect to Nokia for replying on twitter and helping me out with the 710 Nokia drive issue. Samdung never reply.

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In

Just thought I would say a word or two.

I had the HTC HD7, my first smartphone, technically. The apps suck. You are right. However, if this little loop hole is filled quickly, it will surpass Android and Apple in a day. (Ok may be not literally...but u get the drift...)

Secondly, I currently have a RaZr, and no matter what Motorola is saying, here is what I have to say, DUAL CORE MY A$$. The phone stutters and sputters more than my grandpa's old Bajaj Chetak.
ROMs? You want to talk ROMs? Cyanogen, stock, MIUI, you name it and I've tried that. GB, ICS, JB, nothing changes.

So, when WP8 was announced I was pretty kicked. But again, I think it still needs time. Just read the games still coming soon on WP8...N.O.V.A. 3...really Microsoft? I played that game when I was in school a millennium back. New? Really?

But, now again, am considering if I need to buy a phone. Yea the RaZr lags, but it isn't dead right...?

Hmmm....

Just some of the many things WP8 still lacks according to me:

Flipboard (WEHER IS IT)
Instagram (I dont want no "workarounds"...give me the real thing)
Pulse News
Real HD games. (Uno and Poker IS NOT HD...IS NOT)
Taptalk-like apps

I may be wrong in some of the points, so please correct me, albeit politely. Conclusion, happy with Android.

Krow

Crowman

I was just asking. I've been using HTC 8X for a couple of weeks. I love it, apart from the apps conundrum. Dropbox isn't on windows phone, Skydrive is good, but it's only my backup cloud service.

Windows Phone is a polished OS, it could easily be a cheaper iOS alternative if app developers take it seriously.

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In

I was just asking. I've been using HTC 8X for a couple of weeks. I love it, apart from the apps conundrum. Dropbox isn't on windows phone, Skydrive is good, but it's only my backup cloud service.

Windows Phone is a polished OS, it could easily be a cheaper iOS alternative if app developers take it seriously.

Now that's the catch my friend. The app devs aren't for some reason aren't keen on working on the platform and that's that. I don't know whom to blame, but that's what's driving people away...its a fantastic OS...IMHO.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Rejoice, Nokia has announced Lumia 620 (still not in India) for $250. 620 and 8S have similar specs. 620 has front cam too which 8S lacks and we can expect Nokia to price it around 15K in India. Hope, Nokia also announces Lumia 720 which would be available around 20K(if launched in India).

Krow

Crowman

I have a few queries. How to access gtalk on Windows Phone? How do I get more live tiles?

Top Bottom