The Windows Mobile Thread

Flash

Lost in speed
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

www.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-81-picks-first-update-improves-battery-life-and-squashes-bugs
Sadly, i experience more battery drain on this update..

- - - Updated - - -

Btw,

Temple run 2 is out for 512MB devices, atlast!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

Sadly, i experience more battery drain on this update..

- - - Updated - - -

Btw,

Temple run 2 is out for 512MB devices, atlast!

even I felt so. but wait for few days. the os will adjust itself within few days providing better battery life for sure as that was the case with previous update as well..

- - - Updated - - -

47 MB. will download it tomorrow and thanks for the link.

Vignesh B

Youngling

I use the Mix Radio functionality provided on my Lumia 525 and download music through it. Now when I transfer the music to my PC, the songs play in only Windows Media Player and the modern Music app(unsupported file format error is shown on other players). But they do not contain any metadata of the songs like album cover, artist etc. But the same are available in the Music app on my phone.
I can't even find the details of the songs using Windows Explorer. Are they hidden in some other partition on my phone from where I should copy them?

From what you describe the best guess I can go with is that the music files are DRM protected and you probably won't be able to use them on other players. I've never used the mix radio so not exactly sure...

Flash

Lost in speed

After iOS and Android, Blackberry's BBM is coming to WP atlast, but at the end of the year..

- - - Updated - - -

I use the Mix Radio functionality provided on my Lumia 525 and download music through it. Now when I transfer the music to my PC, the songs play in only Windows Media Player and the modern Music app(unsupported file format error is shown on other players). But they do not contain any metadata of the songs like album cover, artist etc. But the same are available in the Music app on my phone.
I can't even find the details of the songs using Windows Explorer. Are they hidden in some other partition on my phone from where I should copy them?

From what you describe the best guess I can go with is that the music files are DRM protected and you probably won't be able to use them on other players. I've never used the mix radio so not exactly sure...
Nokia MixRadio's songs are DRM free.
*www.nokia.com/in-en/apps/app/mixradio/

*i.imgur.com/PEBWnjX.png
^ Know anything about this?
(WhatsApp has been taken off from Store)

So my inference was right, it ate a huge amount of battery on my 8.1, very buggy with notifications and was overall a bit slow. Hope this doesn't go like the YouTube battle...

Vignesh B

Youngling

The option to download and install manually is still available.
Hopefully, they issue a fix and publish it in the store soon.

Flash

Lost in speed

It's getting personal more and more. :)

*www.wpcentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/large/public/field/image/2014/05/lumia_cyan_slider.jpg?itok=U7gf7wk3

*www.wpcentral.com/nokias-cyan-update-will-let-you-further-tweak-brightness-levels-your-liking

Shah

Cyborg Agent

So, I got some update today and I installed it. Not sure what update it is. Not cyan for sure. The only change I notice is that the keys for screenshot has been changed to Volume Up+Power

Flash

Lost in speed

So, I got some update today and I installed it. Not sure what update it is. Not cyan for sure. The only change I notice is that the keys for screenshot has been changed to Volume Up+Power
Screenshot changes were there from the initial preview of 8.1

I think this is the update you're talking about...
Btw, that's old.

.jRay.

Youngling

Why does opening apps take a large amount of time on lumia. Both 520 and 820 that my parents have take a long time in opening apps like whatsapp.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

Why does opening apps take a large amount of time on lumia. Both 520 and 820 that my parents have take a long time in opening apps like whatsapp.

whatsapp is little slower and perform weirdly if you have many notifications. and it is been pulled out from the market too. any other apps you feel slow??
if you still feel many apps are slow, only hard reset is the way, i think.

.jRay.

Youngling

P
whatsapp is little slower and perform weirdly if you have many notifications. and it is been pulled out from the market too. any other apps you feel slow??
if you still feel many apps are slow, only hard reset is the way, i think.

Generally my parents complain that the phone lags or stops responding when they end a call. After they press end call sometimes the call screen stays on for a minute or two.
----------------Update-------------

Mostly happens during poor network conditions.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

P

Generally my parents complain that the phone lags or stops responding when they end a call. After they press end call sometimes the call screen stays on for a minute or two.
----------------Update-------------

Mostly happens during poor network conditions.

tried hard reset??

Top Bottom