The Windows Mobile Thread

sunil.001

Broken In
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

^ As of now, you can use third party apps to do that. Coz, with 8.1 Microsoft opened up API's to access the SD card contents for devs.
You can try

1. Aerize explorer or
2. Pocket explorer from the store.

Tried Aerize and I'm quite satisfied with it. Thanks for the info.

- - - Updated - - -

you can share videos if they are saved on 'saved pictures' folder and not on videos folder.

I would like to share file around 1 GB. Anyway, I was unaware of this feature. This would be helpful for some small video clips.
Thanks for the info.

Its time for Windows Phone to give competition to Android in every department.

Good news for Nokia / WP Users.

- - - Updated - - -

*wmpoweruser.com/microsoft-set-to-launch-the-dual-sim-nokia-lumia-630-in-india-tomorrow/

Flash

Lost in speed

Though it got dual sim, still it's a crap; L525 with 1GB RAM is better than L630!
512MB was OK when Nokia were entering the WP market and L520 was a hit; But continuing the 512MB legacy even after that, it's dumb.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

Though it got dual sim, still it's a crap; L525 with 1GB RAM is better than L630!
512MB was OK when Nokia were entering the WP market and L520 was a hit; But continuing the 512MB legacy even after that, it's dumb.

well ram is costly so they went 512 mb
and its a brilliant phone for its price of you're not a gamer. you get quad core at 10.5k and 1830 mah battery. nice.

sunil.001

Broken In

:agreed: Flash
Quad core with 1 GB RAM would be deadly for Windows Phone.
I think many people would not mind paying 1K extra for additional RAM.
Now, some popular games are available for 1 GB device only.

Flash

Lost in speed

:agreed: Flash
Quad core with 1 GB RAM would be deadly for Windows Phone.
I think many people would not mind paying 1K extra for additional RAM.
Now, some popular games are available for 1 GB device only.
Exactly. Gameloft offers some free games along with L630; IMO, most will not work best with 512MB RAM.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

Any information on launch of 930 in india? Can we expect it to be available on first week of June?

i heard it is on 24th. not sure of india.

- - - Updated - - -

it still be cant be called as crappy. ;) it has 4.5" screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and ClearBlack display and that costs. that 10.5k price is justifiable although they could have included 1 gb ram.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

I have this weird problem in my Lumia 920, whenever i update to lumia black the native apps wont work and the phoen will freeze frequently, no soft reset will solve the problem. Factory reset is also impossible as "settings" menu wont show up. Now to circumvent this, i have flashed and downgraded to amber and never updated further. I also tested that with GDR3 the problem is still kept away but the moment it updates to full black, the phone just screws up.

The problem is over the internet, many users are suffering and both Nokia and MS know about it.

*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2618690

*discussions.nokia.com/t5/Software-...e-Firmware-issue-of-my-Lumia-920/td-p/2353985

But the only problem solution known so far is to replace the phone which am unable to do here in Indonesia simply because the phone i bought is from India. Now my worry is , will the upcoming windows 8.1 update definitely need black update when the official update released? or will it be a totally different update which wont need the black/preview for dev app as its needed now ( for its not official). Any ideas guys?

Flash

Lost in speed

But the only problem solution known so far is to replace the phone which am unable to do here in Indonesia simply because the phone i bought is from India. Now my worry is , will the upcoming windows 8.1 update definitely need black update when the official update released? or will it be a totally different update which wont need the black/preview for dev app as its needed now ( for its not official). Any ideas guys?
Since WP has phase-wise updates, am 90% sure that WP8.1 will need Black update;

sunil.001

Broken In

Please give your valuable vote to this link if you need this feature.
Now, Microsoft is advertising Windows Phone as Business phone but they have missed this feature in 8.1 also.

*windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/2282574-enable-document-attachment-in-emails

^ that really looks like a spam post :p

Is anyone experiencing xap deployment failures to 8.1? I assume this is because the xaps with me are old, and not an OS fault (and they killed the xap to appx for 8.1)...

Flash

Lost in speed

^ that really looks like a spam post :p
You mean that link?
Actually Microsoft looks into that site - and gather most-sought user opinions into upcoming features.
See this - *windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/...stom-sounds-for-sms-mms-email-notifications-e

Oh no not the link, the way he posted. Spam usually leaves a link like that at the bottom and the overall grammar/style is what we see on a daily basis :D

Top Bottom