The Windows 8 Thread

noob

Cyborg Agent
Re: Windows 8 Thread.

Been using Windows 8 Release Preview for a week now on my Dell XPS 15 and I'm very pleased to be honest. The boot time is very less,the interface is snappy,the News,Mail,Video & Music app make my life much easier.
I've seen people complaining about how it is not optimised for use on a laptop or PC but I've learned all the keyboard shortcuts and now I don't even have to touch the mouse.I can work very fast using just the keyboard and that adds to the smooth experience

tell this to my mom/dad and see their reaction :)
And what is the use of UI if you have to use commands/typing ? same can be done in Win7..

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz

tell this to my mom/dad and see their reaction :)
And what is the use of UI if you have to use commands/typing ? same can be done in Win7..

There is a difference between commands nd keyboard shortcuts.Yes I know that they are there in Windows 7 also but that's what I'm saying,the functionality is not lost.
Well my Dad loved the tiles,yes it is a little uncomfortable to use with mouse but think Windows 8 as a step into future.The Laptops and PC manufactures have started to incorporate touchscreens in laptops,products with removable or fold-able keyboards will get mainstream adn that is where Windows 8 comes in

reniarahim1

Youngling

I will never upgrade my windows 7 laptop/desktop to windows 8. But a win8 tablet looks interesting. Better than the Android/iOS icon based desktop.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

AnandTech - Acer's Iconia W700 Ivy Bridge Windows 8 Tablet: The Start of Something Big

and this video-

[YOUTUBE]8QhmSi9WOtY#![/YOUTUBE]

vinaymamgain1

Broken In

Since I'm facing this issue after installing Windows 8 (64 Bit) on my system yesterday so i thought I'll address this issue here.
After Installing Windows 8 my screen is off center. I have tried all the resolution settings and even tried to upgrade the drivers, but still the problem persist.
So please advice and help if any one of you have faced this problem or have an idea about whats wrong with it. I had a 32 BIT WINDOW 7 before.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

^^ Off center? Can you give a screenshot?
Have you tried changing resolution?

vinaymamgain1

Broken In

Yes I have tried that, It is at 1366*768 right now. But i have tried 1360*768, 1280*768 also... Didn't work...

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave

Currently using Windows 8 64 bit only games for windows live not working pressed Home key none happened.:sad:

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Contrary to expectations that one would have to wait till the 26th to buy Windows 8, boxed copies of the OS has already been distributed far and wide, and is now widely available to purchase from several online dealers, including Amazon Germany.

WPArea.de collated the following retailers who had the OS in stock and able to deliver ASAP.
Amazon.de (In stock)
Notebooksbilliger.de (In stock)
Getgoods (Delivery within 2-4 business days)
Home of Hardware (available in 2-4 business days)

So if you have a yearning to be the first on the block to installed the official Windows 8 release, check your local dealer now. The long wait may already be over.

Via WPArea.de

Microsoft News » Windows 8 already on sale in Germany for delivery on the 22nd

batman

Broken In
Any updates on the india pricing and extpected availablity date of windows 8 upgrade?...(the 39.99$ one)

icebags

Technomancer
imp update:

to upgrade to windows 8 from 7 @INR 699, u need to have a system that came preinstalled with Windows 7 Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate between June 2, 2012 and Jan 31st, 2013. it practically means this offer is valid on OEM versions, probably not retail version as it seems.
Windows 8 upgrade offer - Windows 8 special offer

and you have to fill up this form before February 28, 2013. see, in this form, u have to mention ur pc brand (can be selected "other") and model no (mandatory fields). so its unclear whether we, who assemble pcs ourselves qualify for this offer, because there is no valid model name to mention. and MS may even ask for a bill copy of purchase after it is registered for offer.
*www.windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-IN/Registration

so things are very unclear, any guesses ?

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
the 699 rs update is the 15$ update . thats for new pc's with W7 oem.
for other W7 users there is a 39.99$ update in US etc.
I dont have info about when the 39.99$ update for W8 is coming to us.

icebags

Technomancer
yah, any ideas, whether self assembled systems with OEM license qualify for this offer ? because self assembled system have no system model number to register with.

icebags

Technomancer
thanks for the info. but as per MS site windows 7 Indian users need to register at this page : *www.windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-IN/Registration

and the link u mentioned says users with windows xp/vista/7 qualify for this $39.99 offer. any info when it is coming to India ?

i have windows xp home OEM license. this offer suits me better i think.

Top Bottom