The Windows 8 Thread

Minion

Conversation Architect
Re: Windows 8 Thread.

microsoft should allow people some time to upgrade not that they goes on releasing new os every 2 yrs.

noob

Cyborg Agent

"The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

----Albert Einstein

:|
Similarly when you see use of geometric shapes in any other OS ( be it Apple or Android or anything else) one should not comment "Metro UI rip-off" :-D

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!

@sujeet what is different in the Windows USB DVD/ISO Tool ?
I have an old core2duo desktop with windows7 home premium installed and I want to enjoy the new windows 8 in that, but there is no dvd writer in working condition and I have 4GB pendrive. How to do this?

Just Download The Tool from Link Provided and the iso.Write ISO to Your Pen-drive AND BOOT FROM IT.

There is nothing special about MS USB tool other than it being straightforward and compatible with Windows ISOs.:)

Similarly when you see use of geometric shapes in any other OS ( be it Apple or Android or anything else) one should not comment "Metro UI rip-off" :-D

Agreed.:p

windows 7 is more than enough windows 8 will be epic fail just like windows vista no body will ever need any more than win 7... mobile,table like interface is ugly.

I thought same about Windows 7 while riding on XP Goodness upto 2010.:mrgreen:

But XP-->Windows 7 is a completely different story.

masterkd

Padawan

Worst part is that Win 8 will son be forced on new laptops, and you wont have option. That's how they are going to sell it.

get notebooks/netbooks with linux..that's much better anyway than windows 8..moreover that'll save a whole lot of money as well!!

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!

get notebooks/netbooks with linux..that's much better anyway than windows 8..moreover that'll save a whole lot of money as well!!
You Dont Get Option of OS on Notebook these days...
Most of them come bundled with Windows OS.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

You Dont Get Option of OS on Notebook these days...
Most of them come bundled with Windows OS.

+1. That's why I still have a desktop :D
(ok that's not the reason, its because I am a PC gamer :p)

Minion

Conversation Architect

I thought same about Windows 7 while riding on XP Goodness upto 2010.:mrgreen:

But XP-->Windows 7 is a completely different story.

Yeah but from windows 7 -->windows 8

what are advantage of win 8 over win 7 could you tell me ?do we really need this?
I guess not many but it was different story with win xp and win 7

noob

Cyborg Agent

XP came in 2001 and Windows 7 in 2009....and such upgrade is justified...but windows 7 to 8 ? NO WAY. It is just MS way to mint more $$$

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!

XP came in 2001 and Windows 7 in 2009....and such upgrade is justified...but windows 7 to 8 ? NO WAY. It is just MS way to mint more $$$

err..
In that Regards Upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7 was much more JUSTIFIED Than from Windows XP.

Its not about how frequently the OS is being Updated,its about the Essential Features that are on offer.

Metro Apps are targeted at Removing necessary Clutter created by Widgets/Gadgets and Small Apps on Windows for Nity Tasks Like Mail/Weather/Cloud Service Notification etc etc.
Also it promises of STREAMLINING the handy and repetitive tasks associated with Windows Management settings ,Control Panel Tweaking etc.

Metro Apps written in HTML5 will be LIGHTER on system and will accomplish the general tasks in much neater and Quicker Way.

As of Now Metro UI is better Optimized for Touch rather than Mouse Controls.

Windows Store.
The prospective of it for developers is promising as it will be Mainstream Platform for Big and Small Developers to distribute their Windows associated content to the End-User.
The presence of Windows Store is of greater good of Windows RT users and Windows Metro App developers since its the Prime focus of Windows 8 Project.The Store is less of a App-Store of Mega Software Like Photo-shop etc and More of App Hub for Metro based Content for Tabs and Mobile Devcie Users.

The Integration of services Skype and Windows live(will be rebranded soon)Skydrive,Xbox into Windows 8 will provide Unified Entertainment and Communication Platform.This is what The Windows and Microsoft Product users always wanted but never Demanded.

Here is a note from Microsoft Blog on how TIGHT AND UNIVERSAL these Integration will be within new Windows 8 :
SkyDrive for Windows desktop will power a cool new feature … Right from the Photos app in Windows 8, you can fetch photos stored on your other PCs that have SkyDrive installed – no matter where you are or how many terabytes of photos you have stored on the PC you are accessing. We’ll have more to say about this shortly, so stay tuned.

4.The small but highly Productive additions like Windows Ribbon Interface in Explorer,Improved Windows Copy-Paste Features,ISO Mounting Integration providing seamless access to ISOs on Drive,Efficient Side Snap Multi-Tasking providing functionality somewhat similar to that of Multitasking on ICS,Better Windows Task Mangaer,Native USB 3.0 support,Windows Picture Lock etc etc and hundred more Productive additions.

Those speculating it to be a napster like Vista which was a resource hog in first Place and required a Major Overhaul of System,Window 8 is no more hardware hungry than what Windows 7 is.

DirectX 11.1 will be there but saying sorry to most Glaring Gamer eyes will be ok ,since This version Upgrade is nothing more than slight polishing of DirectX 11 with some performance Improvement.

Last edited:

kisame

King of Heroes

But why doesn't Microsoft understands that my desktop/laptop is not a tablet????
My money won't go to microsoft for this POS.
(Well it never did.Been pirating windows since 2008:))

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!

But why doesn't Microsoft understands that my desktop/laptop is not a tablet????
My money won't go to microsoft for this POS.
(Well it never did.Been pirating windows since 2008:))

Just one POA-Never come in the radius of this thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-club/157483-refusal-pay-apps-software.html
Some Big Time Pirate Haters(Hunters) here.:p

kisame

King of Heroes

Windows 8 Release preview released.Ge it here.
Windows 8 Release Preview

Terabyte

In the zone

Most probably will skip Windows 8 (atleast for PCs, let's see what the tablets have to offer)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Download Windows 8 Release Preview

Release Preview.

edit: didnt see this was already posted. posted via first page from mobile hence....

kisame

King of Heroes

Just one POA-Never come in the radius of this thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-club/157483-refusal-pay-apps-software.html
Some Big Time Pirate Haters(Hunters) here.:p

Thanks for the heads up.:)):))

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!

Those who are feeling too nostalgic about Windows Start Button in Windows 8,

Despite the Microsoft Press release stating that they are doing there best to kill the LEGACY CODE in Windows 8 to make all kinds of Hack to bring back Start Button Useless and that Release Preview will completely do away with Start Button.

It still works.

BTW Windows 8 AMD Catalyst preview drivers released.

Nvidia Drivers for Windows 8 Coming Next Week!.

hari1

In the zone

I found a great way to *fix*:-D windows 8!!

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJnutLKIzzU

noob

Cyborg Agent

Good comment on YouTube

The Metro UI is designed for smart phone and tablet form factors. It is very inefficient when compared to mouse and keyboard combo. Apple and Google have already stated that PC's and smart phones/tablets need differing designs because of the different form factors.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz

Been using Windows 8 Release Preview for a week now on my Dell XPS 15 and I'm very pleased to be honest. The boot time is very less,the interface is snappy,the News,Mail,Video & Music app make my life much easier.
I've seen people complaining about how it is not optimised for use on a laptop or PC but I've learned all the keyboard shortcuts and now I don't even have to touch the mouse.I can work very fast using just the keyboard and that adds to the smooth experience

Top Bottom