The Windows 8 Thread

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
is there a USB Plugged/Unplugged log available in 8.1? my mouse keeps disconnecting mid gaming and I want to check how often the mouse disconnects. I haven't checked the Event Log yet.

gemini90

Journeyman
Hey, where can i buy a legal copy of windows 8.1 in delhi? And the price? If not, anywhere online? Can it be installed on external hdd?

Last edited:

andy_65_in

Padawan
want to update free from win 8 to 8.1,i have a 64 bit window 8.will my KIS interfre with the update.i want to use the window store for that.

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
want to update free from win 8 to 8.1,i have a 64 bit window 8.will my KIS interfre with the update.i want to use the window store for that.
It shouldn't interfere with the upgrade, upgrading Windows is almost like upgrading the OS on your phone. Click upgrade & all s/w + setttings carry over.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
My atempts to upgrade to windows 8.1 free failed,after almost 8 hours i just reached 64 %.dnt know whats the hassle
Finally an update after so many months. It's stuck at 64% or download getting canceled at 64%?

You could try grabbing a clean ISO of 8.1 and upgrading. Also windows 10 free upgrade offer also ending soon.

andy_65_in

Padawan
Started the downlaod using media tool,pathetic speed.probably will shut down this win 8 to 8.1 project forever if the speed is dead slow.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Started the downlaod using media tool,pathetic speed.probably will shut down this win 8 to 8.1 project forever if the speed is dead slow.
Speeds should be good. When we used it initially when offer was out, their servers used to mess up. But now most people always upgraded. I suggest you directly upgrade to Windows 10 if possible

icebags

Technomancer
thinking of downloading 10. so, i can download it and make a disc before 29th, but i can install later, right ?

andy_65_in

Padawan
Installed windows 10 after a marathon 22 hours downloading session.working perfectly with no data loss etc.however nothing very great abt it as i feel.anyway managed it before 29 jul

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Installed windows 10 after a marathon 22 hours downloading session.working perfectly with no data loss etc.however nothing very great abt it as i feel.anyway managed it before 29 jul
Congrats. I worked overnight to install Windows 10 as well.

Read this : Things to remove/disable in windows 10 : pcmasterrac

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
so, i need to make another 50GB partition just to install 10. i will keep using 8.1 though.

too much work before 29th. :pullhair:
Sounds very redundant. BTW like I said before once you click that update button your license for 8.1 changes to one for 10.

Idk why you'd want 8.1 and 10.

icebags

Technomancer
i thought you can have 8.1 & 10 parallel in 2 partitions. like last time i did with xp and 8. both are active and can be used.

icebags

Technomancer
well, ms is forcing a lot of stuff & taking away a lot of freedom with 10. this is why i have not upgraded to 10.

so, i should update to 10 or not, i don't want to loose 8.1 license.

Top Bottom