The Web's Ten Most Irritating Words

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Can you believe that the World Wide Web has actually spawned words that might make users want to pull at their hair in frustration?

British pollsters, YouGov, conducted a poll for Web publisher Lulu.com, creator of the Blooker Prize that converts Web diaries/Blogs into Web books or Blooks, and came up with a string of not so happening words on the Web...

Topping the list of irksome words is 'Folksonomy', a Web classification system, followed by 'Blogosphere' at second place.

'Blog itself comes in at third position, followed by 'Netiquette' aka Web etiquette at fourth place.

The fifth most irritating word is 'Blook' or a book based on a Blog. At sixth, seventh, and eighth place respectively are 'Webinar', 'Vlog' or video Blog, and 'Social Networking'.

Qualifying as the ninth most irksome word is 'Cookie', a file sent to a user's computer after he/she visits a Web site. At tenth place is 'Wiki', meaning a collaborative Web site edited by its readers.

Reportedly, a universe comprising about 2,091 adults was questioned by the poll pundits to come up with these results.

Bob Young, Canadian founder of Lulu.com, expressed the view that the World Wide Web tirelessly continues to churn out new words so much so that there is now possibility for a new language aka Web-lish which could well be the new English.

Previously, even the Collins English Dictionary had announced that a string of words inspired by the Web would be given pride-of-place in their ninth edition. These include: 'me-media'; a term for personal content Web sites like Facebook and godcast, which is a religious service that has been converted into an MP3 format.
SOURCE

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
wats so irritatin abt there words. even half of the words are not used so much then how can it be irritatin

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Never believe in surveys. Because a recent survey showed that 54% of survey results are made on the spot:))

escape7

What? Where? How?
I find |33t 5p34|< the most irritating. It stands for leet speak. Why can't proper english be used...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
You surely haven't heard of the SMSish LOL language. O hai, i'm in ur forums, spmmin ur thrds. This are spammed threads. These are spammed posts. And so on and on and on ..

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
QwertyManiac said:
You surely haven't heard of the SMSish LOL language. O hai, i'm in ur forums, spmmin ur thrds. This are spammed threads. These are spammed posts. And so on and on and on ..

This isn't bad when used in SMS:p
One of My Frnd is so much addicted to SMS that he writes his class notes,tests in SMS language..The level of addiction is so much that he actually has forgotten the real spellings of most-common words:D
Now,Thats something irritating..!!!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom