The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

Broken In
Can we play max payne 3 in ultra with low resolution like 800X600 and msaa of , fxaa off, tesselation also off . in the i5 version (so1in) how much fps am i gonna get???????????

msaa off,fxaa off , testellation off is not ultra man.... It is High. 650mgt users can play in such settings @ 900p fluidly.(I guess around 35 to 50 fps).

saaransh9

Journeyman
Hi guys,,

I have a chance to book this laptop, should i go for it or go for dell 15R turbo instead....i will be gaming, probably 2-3 hrs a day, that's i'm skeptical with the throatling issue.

it totally depends on u few users of dell had sold their laptop to buy this one n few here have sold it because of some performance issues.
to be frank i was myself buying of of these but went for dell inspiron 15r turbo as samsung was not available near my place n i had to go to nehru place to buy it so instead i ordered 15r,i think both are awesome laptops(spec wise np550 being better but heats a bit)if u can handle the heating thing then go for it its the best else so for 15r its good too.

i just ordered it 15r turbo with i7 n 4gb ram at 58K with 3% student discount & a free wireless mouse.

it all depends on u what u want to get dont think much just go for it n believe in your decision btw dell will increase prices sometime after diwali by rs 2000 so if u want to buy it then do it fast.

i can even give u the sales manager number at dell who sold it to me.

anmol4all

Broken In
hi guys,
i got my S02 version and i am here to say that after playing 1hour 40min crysis warhead at 900p enthu settings without motion blur (yeah it can run crysis warhead at max settings without motion blur and AA :) ), i noticed nothing like throttling instead i observed in gpu z that after some 20 mins that gpu automatically increased its core clock to 920 mhz constant frequency which some time gone to 950 i dont know why because its rated clock speed is 835 mhz. memory clock remained same.
gpu temp was hovering around 91 degrees. with 99% load
gpu was at constant 840 mhz while playing nfs hot pursuit.

i will try some other games and will post my results here.

update- i updated my BIOS to A06 version before all these tests.

iamzero

Broken In
it totally depends on u few users of dell had sold their laptop to buy this one n few here have sold it because of some performance issues.
to be frank i was myself buying of of these but went for dell inspiron 15r turbo as samsung was not available near my place n i had to go to nehru place to buy it so instead i ordered 15r,i think both are awesome laptops(spec wise np550 being better but heats a bit)if u can handle the heating thing then go for it its the best else so for 15r its good too.

i just ordered it 15r turbo with i7 n 4gb ram at 58K with 3% student discount & a free wireless mouse.

it all depends on u what u want to get dont think much just go for it n believe in your decision btw dell will increase prices sometime after diwali by rs 2000 so if u want to buy it then do it fast.

i can even give u the sales manager number at dell who sold it to me.

i asked to a salesperson and he said if you get 3% corporate discount you will not get anything free, like the wireless mouse or bluetooth headset..can you PM me the number of sales manager?

saaransh9

Journeyman
i asked to a salesperson and he said if you get 3% corporate discount you will not get anything free, like the wireless mouse or bluetooth headset..can you PM me the number of sales manager?

it depends how u bargain mine first saidto either take a 3% discount or headphones worth 2200 so i said him i was first considering samsung model so asked for for further discount n he didn't agree n i said i will think abt it next day he called me himself n i asked him its diwali what else can he give me after the 3% discount so he gave me a option of wired or wireless mouse n i took wireless.

anyway i will give u my sales manager number(PM'ed) n u can contact him.

n remember onething they too have sales figure to complete n wouldn't want their customers to go so easily.

done PM sent

iamzero

Broken In
it depends how u bargain mine first saidto either take a 3% discount or headphones worth 2200 so i said him i was first considering samsung model so asked for for further discount n he didn't agree n i said i will think abt it next day he called me himself n i asked him its diwali what else can he give me after the 3% discount so he gave me a option of wired or wireless mouse n i took wireless.

anyway i will give u my sales manager number(PM'ed) n u can contact him.

n remember onething they too have sales figure to complete n wouldn't want their customers to go so easily.

done PM sent
i am sorry i have not received a PM....i have send you one if you can reply to that....Yes the person with whom i am in conversation is saying either get 3% discount or bluetooth ehadset..so i am in the same boat...confirm once more if you sent to mine ID as i have not got yet!

sj2202

Broken In
Guys I need your help......I tried a lot to convince my dad to buy SO2IN but he is not ready to spend 60k on a samsung laptop.
The next option I have is this(The Dell Online Store: Build Your System)
Can you all please check out the config. and suggest whether it is Ok?

The parameters on which its better than sammy(IM0) are:-
1.Screen -17 inch 1080p
2.GPU-DDR5
3.I can have HDD+SSD combo without removing the ODD.
4.Backlit keyboard
5.Accidental damage protection.
6.Better cooling(??)
7.Better PSU

The parameters on which it looses:-
1.CPU-i5
2.Weight
3.Battery
4.RAM
5.Speakers(Dont care much)
6.Blu-Ray(It's read-only therefore not very useful as per my opinion)
7.VFM

Please give your opinions and suggestions

saaransh9

Journeyman
Guys I need your help......I tried a lot to convince my dad to buy SO2IN but he is not ready to spend 60k on a samsung laptop.
The next option I have is this(The Dell Online Store: Build Your System)
Can you all please check out the config. and suggest whether it is Ok?

The parameters on which its better than sammy(IM0) are:-
1.Screen -17 inch 1080p
2.GPU-DDR5
3.I can have HDD+SSD combo without removing the ODD.
4.Backlit keyboard
5.Accidental damage protection.
6.Better cooling(??)
7.Better PSU

The parameters on which it looses:-
1.CPU-i5
2.Weight
3.Battery
4.Speakers(Dont care much)
5.Blu-Ray(It's read-only therefore not very useful as per my opinion)
6.VFM

Please give your opinions and suggestions
i think its better to discuss dell in dell thread

saaransh9

Journeyman
I am not just talking about dell....I am comparing it with samsung too.
I'll post it in the dell thread too...just want honest opinions from people in this thread without any fanboysm.

dell is definitely gud but very heavy n big
n definitely heats less than samsung n i think in sound they both should be equal if size n weight doesn't matter u can get 17rse n i5 doesn't much matter in gaming as games are gpu intensive nt cpu n battery will definitely be less as compared to samsung dell after sales n cooling system with a get650m ddr5 is a bonus

rockz3r

Broken In
OMG Friends do u know that np50p5c-s01in and s02in have been permanently discontinued from flipkart. oh shittt . what are we gonna do now. i wanted it to survive at least till next year's June . Cause my final year xams will be over in march. i cant remember well but in the diary it was like 5th or 10th

duriel

Broken In
OMG Friends do u know that np50p5c-s01in and s02in have been permanently discontinued from flipkart. oh shittt . what are we gonna do now. i wanted it to survive at least till next year's June . Cause my final year xams will be over in march. i cant remember well but in the diary it was like 5th or 10th
LOL.. do you seriously think by next year march this laptop would be of any value compared to other models available then?

@nchit

Right off the assembly line
dell is definitely gud but very heavy n big
n definitely heats less than samsung n i think in sound they both should be equal if size n weight doesn't matter u can get 17rse n i5 doesn't much matter in gaming as games are gpu intensive nt cpu n battery will definitely be less as compared to samsung dell after sales n cooling system with a get650m ddr5 is a bonus

hello guys ,
plzz help me with the overheating and throttling issues...i m not even able to play NFS MW for more than 5 mins,

though i have been following this thread but i have got no encouraging results with bios PO6AAA and nvidia 306 update........

plzz reply asap!!

@nchit

Right off the assembly line

mvmmmmmmmmmmmmm

sj2202

Broken In
hello guys ,
plzz help me with the overheating and throttling issues...i m not even able to play NFS MW for more than 5 mins,

though i have been following this thread but i have got no encouraging results with bios PO6AAA and nvidia 306 update........

plzz reply asap!!
Make sure you are playing on the right power options(High Performance)
And NFS MW(2012) is a very demanding game,try to lower the settings a bit.
And also try to keep your laptop a bit ventilated by using a cooler or 2 books method.

ankeshdave

Game On !!
I have few doubts for those who have already updated to windows 8....
- Can the downloaded files be written to a blank DVD ?
- If i order the windows 8 DVD, can i use it for a fresh OS install ?
- In how many PCs can i use the downloaded files/ DVD for upgrading to windows 8 ?

When i format my laptop, should i install windows 7 first, then upgrade it to win 8 or can i directly install win 8 using DVD(ordered) ?

Hi there,
YOu can download and make an ISO file.... then you can use a USB Drive (MS Win 7 USB/DVD tool) ot make a bootable disc and boot it.

Also its no just an upgrade its can also be a clean install. form the same iso you downloaded.

Dont forget to register for the Free Media Center Pack (google it you;; find the link) if you are installing Win 8 pro.

I have finally downloaded and installed on my machine ... Samsungs new S/W for drivers DL sucks... they should have provided direct links as well so that they can be DL fast using IDM or someting like it...

Do install touch pad drivers.... to get Edge swipe...

Enjoy :)

Top Bottom