The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

Theodre

In the zone
What about the so many said security loopholes in the win8??? Any words on that guys?? I also heard that it has an inbuilt Antivirus!!!! Is is true??

ashutosh_jain

Broken In
Thanks for such a nice article..I think the market share of samsung laptops are increasing a bit...Though the market is quite tough with big giants like Dell, Sony viao, HP, already Toshiba, captured the market to a great extent..

Ashish247

Journeyman
What about the so many said security loopholes in the win8??? Any words on that guys?? I also heard that it has an inbuilt Antivirus!!!! Is is true??

It has windows defender and you MSE wont install as, according to it, windows defender in Win 8 is better than MSE

ladaka3

Right off the assembly line
Hi folks,

I was thinking about buying his laptop while researching online I found to this thread. Seems like users are having issues with Laptop. I'm not very expert in Hardware so lot of thing doesn't make much sense. I know basic hardware that's about it. I'm not a gamer but I do need a good configuration since I use Visual Studio 2012, Photoshop and few other heavy programs. How is battery life for non-gamers? I'm use a Sony Vaio now it's almost 3 years and due to overheat it frequently shuts down. I did clear the dust but it didn't do any good and it was getting very slow (i3, 3Gb) How is driver support by Samsung? I have Windows 8 license so once I buy this I would upgrade are they fast enough updating drivers? Does the generic drivers work with this model (Unlike Sony).

Thanks in advance,
Shyam

for normal, medium use it is the super laptop, for high graphic games> it will randomly heat. other than that, this is awesome (so1,so2.....)

Theodre

In the zone
For the normal usage, it's the best!! :doublethumb: I played NFS most wanted and got 2 hours and 40 mins on my sammy ;) (normal settings though). I always gets above 3 hrs as i use this lappy for movies and browsing and reading :) There was even time i got >5hrs (when reading books and stuffs):) Am totally happy with sammy :) I thank Dell for that :) I was those guys who believed that dell is the most awesome company!! They are not!!! and my roommates in the college don't get half of the battery backup that i get :cool: Ultrabooks???? (Go for HP , lenovo and sammy :))) Do check carefully if you are going for DELL!!! :-| I had a bad experience in customer care support and what they say in the website is not what you get when they call you to confirm the PURCHASE :-| Careful ;)

rockz3r

Broken In
if s01in gets discontinued from every stores in kolkata i am gonna buy this friends can u please give me some more alternatives for gaming similar to s01in and this dell ones

Kamikaze007

Hey guys i am now the proud owner of NP550P5C-S01IN :-D

but need ur help here...it has only a single partition in which win 7 is installed...

i've created an additional partition by "Shrinking volume"
but still the system partition is around 500gb and i dont want so much space for win 7...
any suggestions ??? :-?

lovely39

pls someone help... i don't kow what problems comes to my laptop.. am not able to boot from usb anymore..
just a black screen with a blinking white cusor comes when i am trying to boot from usb..

i doubt this problem comes after using "Windows 8 latest K.J_120929 Activator" but sure if this is the reason.

i have tried reset bios settings but its not work for me..

i also tried to reinstall bios update, but it says "The System BIOS is a newer version than the update"

pls help soon as possible becuse installing windows from bluray drive is so much time consuming ..

this is the problem shows in the video

Last edited by a moderator:

coldfury

Broken In
^please change the fonts... It's annoying

and yeah... No piracy.. or else get banned

U SEEM SMART PLZ HALP ME............

Im lookin to buy a laptop so i need a list of all laptops(In india and us) which have
basically looking for a gaming laptop
COst (around RS.60000 or equivalent USD) preferably cheaper :p::mrgreen:

> i7 gen 3
> 8gb ram
> nvidia 2gb 650 or above
> 500-1tb hard drive space
OR

> i5 gen 3
> 8gb ram

I also need to know(if u can) if the laptop has heating issues looking to play world of warcraft maybe 3-5 hrs a day or other high graphic demanding games. can wait about 3months or so.

So far i have found

Samsung 550p S03 ---- not sure if heating solved (60k)
(USA)IdeaPad Y580 Laptop - 20998NU - Dawn Gray ------ heating issue when long gaming hours (49k)
(USA) Alienware -- mx14 does not have gen3 i7 ------- heats and noise but good ventilation's takes care of it. (80k)

IN GAMERS WE BELIEVE :wink:

Kamikaze007

Hey guys i am now the proud owner of NP550P5C-S01IN :-D

but need ur help here...it has only a single partition in which win 7 is installed...

i've created an additional partition by "Shrinking volume"
but still the system partition is around 500gb and i dont want so much space for win 7...

i was thinking of formatting it with the given cd... any suggestions ???

pratyush997

Inactive
^ download easeus partition manager.. And yeah join us owners on fb.. Check my sign

U SEEM SMART PLZ HALP ME............

Im lookin to buy a laptop so i need a list of all laptops(In india and us) which have
basically looking for a gaming laptop
COst (around RS.60000 or equivalent USD) preferably cheaper :p::mrgreen:

> i7 gen 3
> 8gb ram
OR

> i5 gen 3
> 8gb ram

I also need to know(if u can) if the laptop has heating issues looking to play world of warcraft maybe 3-5 hrs a day or other high graphic demanding games. can wait about 3months or so.

So far i have found

Samsung 550p S03 ---- not sure if heating solved (60k)
(USA)IdeaPad Y580 Laptop - 20998NU - Dawn Gray ------ heating issue when long gaming hours (49k)
(USA) Alienware -- mx14 does not have gen3 i7 ------- heats and noise but good ventilation's takes care of it. (80k)

IN GAMERS WE BELIEVE :wink:
bro if possible check out asus g series lappy or else y580 is best.. Try to avoid sammy s03... Heating etc.. If u are ready to do some modifications and all add it to list with priority least N yeah IN GAMERS WE BELIVE ;)

z123x

Hey guys the np550p5c-s03in is available on d Samsung estore for 61k.(no Bluray?) :-D
Does ne 1 hav it? pls giv reviews...

Last edited:

coldfury

Broken In
@coldfury . Btw where did u came u know that y580 has heating issues..

Ideapad Y580 Heat Issues - Lenovo Community

Lenovo IdeaPad Y580

"Heat
The Y580's touchpad measured 91 degrees Fahrenheit after streaming a full-screen Hulu video for 15 minutes. The space between the G and H keys registered 92 degrees, and the bottom of the notebook measured 95 degrees; we don't like to see notebooks getting any warmer than this."

the asus you mentioned it way too costly and the only perk it has it the 16gb ram.....just saying!
btw how is MSI GT60 when is it due to come out?
does y580 give warranty in india?

just found this looks sleek........can anyone shed more light on it?

Samsung NP350V5C-S08IN - similar specs to 550p

Top Bottom