The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

rockz3r

Broken In
Friends I guess that the price of np550p5c-s03in will be less than s02in Because so2in has blue ray drive which is costlier than win8. but so4in is going to be costlier than so1in because win8 is costlier than win7

Curius7

Right off the assembly line
Friends I guess that the price of np550p5c-s03in will be less than s02in Because so2in has blue ray drive which is costlier than win8. but so4in is going to be costlier than so1in because win8 is costlier than win7

S03IN is 61.7k and S04IN is 56.5k in flipkart.

sj2202

Broken In

Prices are out(Flipkart)
SO3-61701
SO4-56588

But both are currently out of stock.

duriel

Broken In
IntelliMemory available in SW Update on win 8 is causing huge memory usage. As soon as the system starts me usage is 6.2GB/8GB. Not sure what or how it works. Uninstalled it.
Did others who installed this on win 8 face similar issue?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
IntelliMemory available in SW Update on win 8 is causing huge memory usage. As soon as the system starts me usage is 6.2GB/8GB. Not sure what or how it works. Uninstalled it.
Did others who installed this on win 8 face similar issue?

yea It took up more than 6GB RAM, I didn't know what caused the issue , thought it was a virus first, :-?........I hope lots more updates are yet to come. there's no indication when CAPS is on/off etc......

those who installed windows 8, is Samsung recovery solution working for you??

hhh

Broken In
yep doing great, hope your sammy is treating you well ;)

Well, here's the drivers page: Support for NP550P5C
I installed [Sound(Audio)(MS Signature)] and [Touchpad(MS Signature)]

One thing I noticed, in the task manager > Performance I see the cpu clock fixed at 2.29 GHz. It doesn't change no matter whether I am in plugged in or out or power saver or high performance mode. I am pretty sure after installing win8 it did show variable clock speed with min about 1.3 GHz. Do you have this issue too?

Hi duriel,

As of now no issues I noticed... :)
thanks for the driver URL and mentioning the driver. On the website it still shows win7 thts y I was confused. However I installed them and its working fine now.

I am using my machine on power save mode and my CPU shows 1.16-1.24 GHz on listening to songs and normal browsing.

duriel

Broken In
Hi duriel,

As of now no issues I noticed... :)
thanks for the driver URL and mentioning the driver. On the website it still shows win7 thts y I was confused. However I installed them and its working fine now.

I am using my machine on power save mode and my CPU shows 1.16-1.24 GHz on listening to songs and normal browsing.

Yeah the drivers on that page are old. Download and install SW Update (*orcaservice.samsungmobile.com/SWUpdate.aspx) which alpha34 mentioned. Check the past few posts for more info. In SW Update don't install IntelliMemory as it hogs the memory.

musadhiq

Broken In
yea It took up more than 6GB RAM, I didn't know what caused the issue , thought it was a virus first, :-?........I hope lots more updates are yet to come. there's no indication when CAPS is on/off etc......

those who installed windows 8, is Samsung recovery solution working for you??
download an application called tray status it will show the indication of caps lock and numlock in the taskbar
when i called customer care they said the easy settings software will be available soon ,i think when s-03 and s-04 models become available

vardhan89

Hi guys. I am planning to buy a new laptop so please help me out. Till recently I was planning to buy Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN.. But then I saw in few forums that many are facing over heating and throttling issues with it. So I decided to move to ASUS k55VM which has a very good cooling system. And the gaming experience is good too according to what my friend who owns an ASUS k55vm explained. But then again I saw this thread and few of you mentioned that a bios update solved the throttling issue. If that is the case then I would like to go for samsung. So i am unable to make take any decision. To make the matter worse flipkart updated their website with Samsung NP550P5C-S03IN (though out of stock). U guys have any idea when it will be released? or can u make an educated guess so that I can weigh my options :razz::razz:

What should I do? should I take the S02IN version of samsung as it seems that the heating and throttling issues are taken care of?? or should I wait for S03IN because that has a bit better specs . Or should I go for ASUS k55vm which my friend suggested. Please help me out of this. All I would like to do is play FIFA13 seamlessly on high settings (if thats not too much to ask ):-o:razz:. Thanks in advance!

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Yes, it is working for me. I didn't touch either the boot partition of 100 MB or the driver partition of 22 gb at the end of the drive.

I didn't do that too, but every time I launch it I get a message " you do not have authority to launch Samsung recovery drive" :-?, but it works when I press f4 during startup. also I was wondering to delete the 22 GB partition, I dont see the point of having it any more........and if Samsung recovery drive is not working then there's definitely no point in keeping it.

duriel

Broken In
Yes, actually I am getting a 240gb corsair force 3 ssd. So when I install that I will format and put the current one in a casing and use as external drive. But for now, I left everything as it is as I do not want to mess up anything. Anyway I am never going to use samsung recovery as I have my own method of backing up using clonezilla to external drives.

chanakya's-shadow

hello guys, followed the whole thread , i hope you get how jobless im at the moment :wink: :cool: :mrgreen:

coming to my question, my uncle is returning from USA on 4th of december 2012, and i was planning to buy a laptop, was considering samsung i7 one, considering the price-config its a very vfm, even alienware at 1400$=roughly 60k doesnt offer a blueray,8gigs ram,anti reflective 15.6 screen and rest of the config is same, are there any other better laptops that i should consider to get from USA other than mac's in that price range

one last thing, what is the best price for samsung np550 i7 one ? i have seen i5 one in an windows 8 promotion in hyderabad and loved it

PS: i love macs only if they were sold at the price they deserved

chanakya's-shadow

what about the warranty my friends ? as it is not launched in india i suspect its warranty services even though lenovo provides international warranty

update:

guys , lenovo y580, its bulkier, non sturdy, cheaper looking and packs almost the same hardware as np 550 i7 one and almost same priced ? and it also has the heating and throttling issue as of now no warranty in india :-? :-? and very low battery life it got upper hand only in terms of screen resolution and gtx 660 , :-? :-?

may be its just me being biased towards samsung , throw me some light

i wish to meet myself to give me a better option like i do for others :p :-D

and why is that posting reply always says my answer is wrong ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom