The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Hi All,
Im New Here in This Forum,

Im wishing To Purchase This Samsung Series 5 Laptop For Gaming (Yep Not That High End Gamer I'm ),
NP550P5C-S01IN. (53K) (M.P.) Or
NP550P5C-S02IN. (60K) (M.P.)
Which One Should I Choose,I Guess It'll Be i7 one.. But Im Pretty Confused Should i Buy It or Not,
Or Should I Go For HP DV6T-7000 Quad Core or Lenovo Y580 (Not finding em
In stores)

My Budget is 50K - 60K. But I Can Add Few More As Per Need.

Need Your Suggestion.

Thankyou

definetely go for it if your not heavy gamer! still though it works with even heavy games by putting max cpu to 60-70% we can control temps.

pratyush997

Inactive
Played gta iv for 10 mins..@med settings.got.50 fps avg. i limited cpu to 18 fid and underclocked gpu by 150 mhz...still got 90 C...what dafaq is isuue w/ my home...
Am i expecting much more from lappy?
Sorry for typos..
From mobile

daksh

Journeyman
Played gta iv for 10 mins..@med settings.got.50 fps avg. i limited cpu to 18 fid and underclocked gpu by 150 mhz...still got 90 C...what dafaq is isuue w/ my home...
Am i expecting much more from lappy?
Sorry for typos..
From mobile

Stop with fid and underclocking crap. Play for an hour and then see temps. If they are below 93-94 on gta then it's cool. GTA is a bad console port and it shouldn't be used to judge performance. Try sleeping dogs or arkham city or battlefield to see how it's doing.

arani

whiz kid
gpu throttling evry now and then..happens evry 10mins or so while playin BF3, mafia2, darksiders2 etc..please help..does throttlestop do any good??

RON28

Cyborg Agent
BFBC 2 at 900p ultra setting AA 8x...
*i46.tinypic.com/263j6nc.jpg

I really liked the new driver update.

pratyush997

Inactive
gpu throttling evry now and then..happens evry 10mins or so while playin BF3, mafia2, darksiders2 etc..please help..does throttlestop do any good??
better Underclock it ..(CPU)

Why the faq does CPU attains 70sC while launching Easy software manager? :-x

gamer0704

Broken In
I booked online repair for dead pixels on Sunday..
Guess what.. Got a call from CC today afternoon.
Was very patient and knowledgeable guy, cleared the doubts including the ones on extended warranty!
Asked to get the laptop to service center
Will change the screen, if available or get back to me as soon as possible.
I can keep the lappy till that..
Highly impressed..

Samsung cc looking not that bad.. :beer::beer::beer:

I am seeing a dead pixel right at the middle-top :(
just raised a request..

Sukhvinder789

Broken In
guys pls answer my query.. I need to take decision fast...tell me if any new laptop is launching during diwali with better config in the same price range.....

xpert007

Broken In
guys pls answer my query.. I need to take decision fast...tell me if any new laptop is launching during diwali with better config in the same price range.....

there must be some new launching in dis diwali..

please tell now also the lappy gets heated up during plating after the official version is launched....

now also throttling issue exist...

sanj

Broken In
after driver update now it throttles even at 73C.what the hell is wrong with this laptop?if its heating and throttling at 72 then what is the point of having gt650m.
can some one plz tell me its laptop problem or any other problem.Before bios update and driver update there was not throttling at all.

Ashish247

Journeyman
after driver update now it throttles even at 73C.what the hell is wrong with this laptop?if its heating and throttling at 72 then what is the point of having gt650m.
can some one plz tell me its laptop problem or any other problem.Before bios update and driver update there was not throttling at all.

Should be some other problem. Which game was throttling? and did you try any other game? try doing a clean install of the new driver using some driver sweeper.

Ashish247

Journeyman
so conclusion is that the laptop is still throtlling?
Guys please confirm this, so that i can decide to buy this lappy or not

Not for me. I'm enjoying it :) If you do plan to buy it there is an easy check. Use throttle stop. Take it to the shop in a PD and run it there itself :p , if there are no fluctuations it wont throttle :p

Funny

Broken In
I am quiet satisfied with the new driver updates, Prototype was un-playable before update, now its running fine. Guys its a laptop not a gaming console, use it as a laptop. Don't play heavy games at heavy settings to rap* the hardware.

sanj

Broken In
Should be some other problem. Which game was throttling? and did you try any other game? try doing a clean install of the new driver using some driver sweeper.

even in mass effect its throttling.i hvnt tried any other game.but before bios and driver update mass effect was running just fine(no throttle).

and also touch pad is not so responsive or its me who facing this issue.

Top Bottom