The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

Sukhvinder789

Broken In
Not for me. I'm enjoying it :) If you do plan to buy it there is an easy check. Use throttle stop. Take it to the shop in a PD and run it there itself :p , if there are no fluctuations it wont throttle :p

Hm..Ok tell me exactly what to do after running ThrottleStop..
Btw : what if i buy the laptop and then after bios and driver update it starts throttling ?? like @sanj mentioned.. In that case what will I do ?
This will be my first laptop so I am taking every tiny info into consideration... Plus I will run games atleast @ Medium settings..

So please tell me what to do now ?

sanj

Broken In
Btw : what if i buy the laptop and then after bios and driver update it starts throttling ?? like @sanj mentioned.. In that case what will I do ?
This will be my first laptop so I am taking every tiny info into consideration... Plus I will run games atleast @ Medium settings..

@Sukhvinder789:
bro i was running mass effect at all high settings.thats why temp was high.if u run wid med settings then i think there will be no problem.it throttles for a sec or two.m asking about dis problm coz m a hardcore gamer.like to play games at full details.may be wid med settings u wont face any such issues.

Sukhvinder789

Broken In
@sanj:
do u know how to check for throttling issue using Throttlestop...i will take the software in PD and use it before buying it...btw i would love to play FPS games @High Quality such as BF3, Crysis 2, etc...

sanj

Broken In
@sanj:
do u know how to check for throttling issue using Throttlestop...i will take the software in PD and use it before buying it...btw i would love to play FPS games @High Quality such as BF3, Crysis 2, etc...

bro i hvnt tried throttlestop.i think widout installing any game throttlestop have no meaning.u hv to install a game to check throttling.i think no shopkeeper will allow dat.
try lowering the cpu level in power settings.it will help in lowering the temps.

Sukhvinder789

Broken In
then i guess I have no other choice but to buy it... Also I dont think shopkeeper will allow me to install Throttle Stop to check for throttling...
Hoping for the best ...
Fingers crossed .

pratyush997

Inactive

Check this

sanj

Broken In
then i guess I have no other choice but to buy it... Also I dont think shopkeeper will allow me to install Throttle Stop to check for throttling...
Hoping for the best ...
Fingers crossed .

in my views dis laptop has best VFM in market till date.jbl speakers are awesome.screen is good.dnt worry about throttling coz i know its a driver problem for sure.coz with stock driver and bios it was doing fine.but after update it throttles for a sec or two.no big problems.n dnt worry if ur laptop throttles after purchasing then u can request a cc support.

pratyush997

Inactive
Hoping for the best ...
Fingers crossed .
Didn't got you.. :|

in my views dis laptop has best VFM in market till date.jbl speakers are awesome.screen is good.dnt worry about throttling coz i know its a driver problem for sure.coz with stock driver and bios it was doing fine.but after update it throttles for a sec or two.no big problems.n dnt worry if ur laptop throttles after purchasing then u can request a cc support.
This updates fix everything...if it ain't get fixed... Either Do a clean Install or give it back to CC :|
BTW Reading that thing from Different Members since last Month :|

arani

whiz kid
*i49.tinypic.com/1fh0ub.png

fid=12.00
is it too low or something?? it is showing constant but throttling still occurs..:(

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 98

Sukhvinder789

Broken In
@pratyush997:
Ashish247 suggested me to take throttlestop in a PD and use it in the laptop before buying it...But I think the shopkeeper wont let me do so...
Btw I will be stuck with my studies and all so I dont think I will have enough time to run after CC support...
And I can't see the DOC file link you gave me, maybe because I am not a member of the group...I am joining it please accept me in ...

pratyush997

Inactive
@pratyush997:
Ashish247 suggested me to take throttlestop in a PD and use it in the laptop before buying it...But I think the shopkeeper wont let me do so...
Btw I will be stuck with my studies and all so I dont think I will have enough time to run after CC support...
And I can't see the DOC file link you gave me, maybe because I am not a member of the group...I am joining it please accept me in ...
LOL Sorry for that ...You r in!

RON28

Cyborg Agent
arani FID is too low, underclock you CPU from Windows.

start-->control panel-->power options--> select high performance--> change plan settings--> change advanced power settings--> click on processor power management--> minimum processor state(set plugged in to 50%)---> now select maximum processor state(set plugged in to 70%)
then save it.

pratyush997

Inactive
*i49.tinypic.com/1fh0ub.png

fid=12.00
is it too low or something?? it is showing constant but throttling still occurs..:(

Check this guide

PS- Did you limited your CPU by limiting Power?

arani FID is too low, underclock you CPU from Windows.

start-->control panel-->power options--> select high performance--> change plan settings--> change advanced power settings--> click on processor power management--> minimum processor state(set plugged in to 50%)---> now select maximum processor state(set plugged in to 70%)
then save it.
:rofl: Do you know what is his problem and what to advised him..read it again :rofl:

sanj

Broken In
Didn't got you.. :|

This updates fix everything...if it ain't get fixed... Either Do a clean Install or give it back to CC :|
BTW Reading that thing from Different Members since last Month :|

bro wat do u mean by clean install?u r talking about windows install or driver install.if driver can u suggest me a good driver sweeper.
n also i joined at fb also.lemme in...:):):)