The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

pratyush997

Inactive
I don't feel any boomy beats.feels like there is no sub woofer.
What to do.how to make my table vibrate with this :d
It depends on song and Settings..
Even This Earphones I ordered Produce much more bass than in lappy but quality ain't good!

^^^lol why you are a GTA IV fan? if you like open world, then try Skyrim....its a cpu intensive game and you will get for fps than me. only thing is you won't have any cars or bikes, only horse to travel on whole map.
Vehicle Physics dude....Even SD or Mafia 2 Donno have it ..

RON28

Cyborg Agent
new Nvidia driver update gave me a 10-15fps boost...especially in Mafia 2 at high settings got 40fps and above...whereas performance also improved in HOT PURSUIT 2010. click on spoilers to check the screenshots taken, FPS is indicated on top left corner.

*i46.tinypic.com/cufeo.jpg
*i48.tinypic.com/25ph91s.jpg
*i47.tinypic.com/azjq7d.jpg
*i46.tinypic.com/2hi86fb.jpg

HOT PURSUIT, CRYSIS 2, MAFIA II benchmarked at 900p resolution at high settings.

Ashish247

Journeyman
new Nvidia driver update gave me a 10-15fps boost...especially in Mafia 2 at high settings got 40fps and above...whereas performance also improved in HOT PURSUIT 2010. click on spoilers to check the screenshots taken, FPS is indicated on top left corner.

*i46.tinypic.com/cufeo.jpg
*i48.tinypic.com/25ph91s.jpg
*i47.tinypic.com/azjq7d.jpg
*i46.tinypic.com/2hi86fb.jpg

HOT PURSUIT, CRYSIS 2, MAFIA II benchmarked at 900p resolution at high settings.

Which version of gpuz is that? Mine is 0.6.4 and it shows some open cl bug in intel's driver?

Aaron7

Right off the assembly line
Ok, last set of questions before I make a decision.

1. While browsing and doing software development, which would be the quieter out of the Samsung and Lenovo Z580?
2. Is matte better than glossy in the case of reading text (it will be inside most of the time)? (UK model is not 1080p)
3. How does the Samsung keyboard (&trackpad) compare with the Lenovo?

Thanks for the help.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
^Awesome man...

we all waited very long for stable drivers.

Which version of gpuz is that? Mine is 0.6.4 and it shows some open cl bug in intel's driver?
i think its 0.6.3...because it always tells me to update to 0.6.4

Crysis2, looks orgasmic @ RON!
What are your idle temps, ie when browsing and stuff?
here are the idle temps while browsing net for 5 hours continously at high performance mode.
*i45.tinypic.com/27y37g7.jpg

daksh

Journeyman
And I think the wait was worth it. Couldn't have got a better laptop under 60k.
It looks much sweeter after the updates and sky rocketing Dell pricing. Model which was 59k earlier is 63 now. Add 5% tax to that and our laptop seems just unbelievably VFM. Cheers to all owners.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
And I think the wait was worth it. Couldn't have got a better laptop under 60k.
It looks much sweeter after the updates and sky rocketing Dell pricing. Model which was 59k earlier is 63 now. Add 5% tax to that and our laptop seems just unbelievably VFM. Cheers to all owners.

Dell is now way costlier than it was. now seriously this Samsung laptop is going to be first preference for people.

daksh

Journeyman
Dell is now way costlier than it was. now seriously this Samsung laptop is going to be first preference for people.

True that. That's good. More the customers more is the responsiblty on them, better ASS. :)

I just wish there was another slot vacant for an ssd later. I can't do away with the HDD or the blu ray drive. :thumbdown:

thieflord

ok . so i have been u using this laptop for over a month now. and truth be told , its kinda disappointing. yes it has some pros as in for these specs its pretty cheap . but im going to list its cons.

1. massive heating issue when playing games or using any heavy load programs as in unreal sdk.
2. the worst . is its wifi issue . i dnt know if its unique to my laptop or ots a flaw in the design but i never get max speed when the laptop is on a flat surface it has to be elevated a little moreover if to keep the laptop vertically on its edge there is 0 connection ( this is when u lie on ur bed and watch a movie) . im planning on giving it for service but i cant right now coz i really need it at the moment.

furthermore im planning to upgrade the hard disk coz 5400rpm sucks. plus i want to add a ssd drive. i found out from the samsung tech officer that u can add and ssd but ull have to replace it with a usb . o i want to ask u guys how big is a 16 or 32 gb ssd drive and can i fit it instead of the usb or even the s card slot . id luv it if i can replace the sd card slot.

thieflord

and 1 more thing , why the hell does this this laptop run smoother and with better fps when not charging . and read it this problem somewhere and tried it out . and its true. the guy explained something but i forgot about it.

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
ok . so i have been u using this laptop for over a month now. and truth be told , its kinda disappointing. yes it has some pros as in for these specs its pretty cheap . but im going to list its cons.

1. massive heating issue when playing games or using any heavy load programs as in unreal sdk.
2. the worst . is its wifi issue . i dnt know if its unique to my laptop or ots a flaw in the design but i never get max speed when the laptop is on a flat surface it has to be elevated a little moreover if to keep the laptop vertically on its edge there is 0 connection ( this is when u lie on ur bed and watch a movie) . im planning on giving it for service but i cant right now coz i really need it at the moment.

furthermore im planning to upgrade the hard disk coz 5400rpm sucks. plus i want to add a ssd drive. i found out from the samsung tech officer that u can add and ssd but ull have to replace it with a usb . o i want to ask u guys how big is a 16 or 32 gb ssd drive and can i fit it instead of the usb or even the s card slot . id luv it if i can replace the sd card slot.

Overheating is a common problem with this laptop, although some users have not experienced this.
The wi-fi issue that you pointed out is uncommon, you better take it to a service center right away, you might have a faulty piece.

Ashish247

Journeyman
and 1 more thing , why the hell does this this laptop run smoother and with better fps when not charging . and read it this problem somewhere and tried it out . and its true. the guy explained something but i forgot about it.

Its throttling. I dont know what do you mean by high temperatures, 80's is just fine I think.. even lower 90s are.

daksh

Journeyman
Are you running the latest drivers for everything? Wifi issue is unique to you. If you had to run unreal sdk you shouldn't have bought a 60k laptop. It needs proper cooling even on pcs.

Utkarshryu

Hi All,
Im New Here in This Forum,

Im wishing To Purchase This Samsung Series 5 Laptop For Gaming (Yep Not That High End Gamer I'm ),
NP550P5C-S01IN. (53K) (M.P.) Or
NP550P5C-S02IN. (60K) (M.P.)
Which One Should I Choose,I Guess It'll Be i7 one.. But Im Pretty Confused Should i Buy It or Not,
Or Should I Go For HP DV6T-7000 Quad Core or Lenovo Y580 (Not finding em
In stores)

My Budget is 50K - 60K. But I Can Add Few More As Per Need.

Need Your Suggestion.

Thankyou

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Hi All,
Im New Here in This Forum,

Im wishing To Purchase This Samsung Series 5 Laptop For Gaming (Yep Not That High End Gamer I'm ),
NP550P5C-S01IN. (53K) (M.P.) Or
NP550P5C-S02IN. (60K) (M.P.)
Which One Should I Choose,I Guess It'll Be i7 one.. But Im Pretty Confused Should i Buy It or Not,
Or Should I Go For HP DV6T-7000 Quad Core or Lenovo Y580 (Not finding em
In stores)

My Budget is 50K - 60K. But I Can Add Few More As Per Need.

Need Your Suggestion.

Thankyou

wait till diwali, don't be in a hurry.