The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

ankan

Broken In
Finally got my laptop - s01. Just in time to register for 2 year warranty.

Installed fresh windows 7, downloading drivers now. Need to download around a GB! too slow :(
Any faster way to install drivers? What's in the 22GB Samsung recovery partition? Any way to install driver from there?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^ stop downloading the driver's, just download "easy software manager" from software section in support, its a 12.33 MB file, all drivers are in the 22gb partition, this has been told many times in this thread......

demolisher48

Journeyman
Finally got my laptop - s01. Just in time to register for 2 year warranty.

Installed fresh windows 7, downloading drivers now. Need to download around a GB! too slow :(
Any faster way to install drivers? What's in the 22GB Samsung recovery partition? Any way to install driver from there?

play some games and tell me if u face any throttling

surajr2567

Broken In
Yesterday I ordered i5 model from flipkart.
Will I get extended warranty?
If yes then that's great but if not then also its ok.I don't want to go bangalore for repair viz 8 hours journey from here :D

ankan

Broken In
ran 3dmark 11, score P2324 with latest bios update and 306.02 beta driver. I guess that is all right for the S01. No throttling at all and the cpu multiplier reached max 30.73 (I guess when it was running the cpu tests). But 3dmark11 doesn't stress both cpu and gpu at same time (gpu tests are totally gpu limited and cpu tests only tests the cpu). Max CPU temp 84, GPU temp: 72. Will play some games to check for throttling.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@dan4u: how you got your laptop replacement?did they come home, took it and returned new one home or you had to go service center? If I call Samsung person for pick up and drop service how will now he is not going to steal my laptop?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^ I didn't get replacement I got a refund, with that refund I bought the i7 ver, and I went directly to the service center, I don't know if there is a pick up and drop service, call them and ask.......

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I called them and asked for the service, they said they can arrange pick up and drop service. But now I think way if the guy run away with laptop. Samsung would easily say it's not our fault.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
I called them and asked for the service, they said they can arrange pick up and drop service. But now I think way if the guy run away with laptop. Samsung would easily say it's not our fault.

lol, that's an unlikely situation, you will be given a slip and you can ask the name of the guy who's going to pick it up...

^^ haha....seriously but in my case they r replacing mobo.... no faqin refund

so they're replacing the MB?? no refund?? how long will it take??

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok guys so today i came across a samsung brochure from one of the dealers, and in the configuration of NP550P5C-S02IN it is written that it comes with nvidia geforce 520MX 1GB graphics card, instead of GT650M 2 GB?

So is the brochure outdated or latest? Has samsung changed the config of s02 or its just a misprint?

I saw that later so couldn't ask the dealer, can only ask him on Monday now.

So does anybody has any idea?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
yeah thats a misprint. I too have that brochure. Don't worry.

lol, that's an unlikely situation, you will be given a slip and you can ask the name of the guy who's going to pick it up...

so they're replacing the MB?? no refund?? how long will it take??

ok what if some other gut shows up and say that guy isn't available so i have to come. Then what will I do in that sitiaution? I won't give him and my father won't let me. Then?

I don't want to go service center. I have one week of time so I want to check their service.

Raman340

Right off the assembly line
Hi Folks,

I have just joined this site and this is my first post.
I bought mine (S02) on the 4th. I have Nero (DVD decrypter), they do not identify any blank DVDs. It recognizes the recorded ones and
plays them fine. I tried to update the firmware as well, it says that it is up-to-date.

Would like to know if anyone faced a similar issue.

Rgds
Raman

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
There is something fishy going on guys!!!

1. Samsung E-store says that the S02IN is out of stock with the company. (Called CS, he confirmed)
2. Flipkart is showing that this product is out of stock (again, 2nd time, last week it was out of stock, again they said they had stock and now this.)
3. No other online retailer has this model in stock, not even eBay.

Is there a chance of Samsung discontinuing this product???

pratyush997

Inactive
^^YUP...they might have found gr8 issue w/ lappy
*alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/png/surprised-gasp.png

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
There is something fishy going on guys!!!

1. Samsung E-store says that the S02IN is out of stock with the company. (Called CS, he confirmed)
2. Flipkart is showing that this product is out of stock (again, 2nd time, last week it was out of stock, again they said they had stock and now this.)
3. No other online retailer has this model in stock, not even eBay.

Is there a chance of Samsung discontinuing this product???

This product is in high demand, even Samsung might have not expected such a response:p. the probability of this being discontinued is highly unlikely, the S01IN is still in stock, see this........the S02IN is out of stock because everyone bought it:wink:, wait for some time, it will be stocked again....

Is there anything problem with S01 I.e., i5 model?

there's nothing wrong with it, its just as good as the i7 version.

Top Bottom