The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

Theodre

In the zone
^ tell us what you did to get this problem??

I was booting all the distros in the live mode to check which is awesome since ubuntu 12.04 LTS sucked which is installed in my lap :-x
This means lot's of restarting!! Means a lot :| But my friend said it's not a problem as a computer it's to restart!! But i don't know it could handle around >15 restarts:|

ankan

Broken In
still out of stock with my dealer :(
He said he won't be able to get it before Aug 31 - so I won't get 2 year warranty :-x
I should have got the core i7 version when it was available!

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Can anyone tell me whether samsung provides onsite warranty ??

You can get onsite if you extend the warranty, see this, Samsung smart warranty, the default warranty is carry-in.....

also, just ordered a Logitech G400 mouse from ebay for Rs 1700...can't wait to get it :)

zenom-z

Broken In
I played with new beta drivers, MW-3 , 900p, other all high settings.. new bios updated..... TUrbo mode, Kept two book... for 1 hour

These are the temps i got :(Help please here.... Is it ok ? or should i consider a replacement.. dan4u, demolisher, ron, prathyush.....

imgur: the simple image sharer

Fps was around 43.. no throttling.. no cpu limitaion and on samsung optimized....

dexbg

Journeyman
Your GPU seemed to stay 'cool' .. you can try limiting your CPU to a max 70% like the others and try this again. It should be bring down the heat and performance should be pretty much the same.

pratyush997

Inactive
^^^I cant understand ...why dafaq we need to limit cpu? ^^do u even know limiting to 70% results in 16 fid that means 1.6 ghz....r u faqin kidding me?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@zenomz: I guess temps are fine. If it crosses 105C then the problem may arise. But don't wait for that and as dexbg said try his method to reduce temps. Otherwise life span of your laptop will become short compare to other NP550Ps.

pratyush997

Inactive
@swapnil...temps are just not fine....100¡ãc for lappy is faqin hot......and other lappy donno cross 88¡ãc...yeah..I know it can alive till 105¡ãc but that temps may burn any other component in lappy....

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@pratyush: Why you think temps are not fine. Ivy Bridge supposed to get hot hot hot during heavy task. 105 is extreme so i guess 101 is ok. Yeah but certainly its not good for other components around thats why said it will reduce life span.
@zenomz: And don't compare to other brand laptops as they might have different (cooling) design inside. Compare with other NP550 you will know what is wrong with your NP550 as here we have perfect NP550s.

pratyush997

Inactive
@swaplin....there are many lappies w/ ib n runs cool n there max temps are 88(avg.) n if a proccy can go upto 105 C that doesn't mean that 101C is fine...why don't can we compare it to competitors? sammy should have invested in cooling area!I know how can these temps kill mobo...
same happened w/ my hp....result-fried mobo

ps-there are very few owners whose sammy working cool

ps-there are very few owners whose sammy working cool

ShyamS

Broken In
Hi folks,

I was thinking about buying his laptop while researching online I found to this thread. Seems like users are having issues with Laptop. I'm not very expert in Hardware so lot of thing doesn't make much sense. I know basic hardware that's about it. I'm not a gamer but I do need a good configuration since I use Visual Studio 2012, Photoshop and few other heavy programs. How is battery life for non-gamers? I'm use a Sony Vaio now it's almost 3 years and due to overheat it frequently shuts down. I did clear the dust but it didn't do any good and it was getting very slow (i3, 3Gb) How is driver support by Samsung? I have Windows 8 license so once I buy this I would upgrade are they fast enough updating drivers? Does the generic drivers work with this model (Unlike Sony).

Thanks in advance,
Shyam

Top Bottom