The main differences between NP550p5c-S02IN and NP550p5c-S01IN are:
1. Processor Ci7 Vs Ci5
Cache 6MB Vs 3MB
Cores: 4 Vs 2
Threads: 8 Vs 4

2. BluRay Drive (Not sure whether it can write a BD) Vs DVD RW
3. RAM : 8 GB vs 6 GB
4. Price difference Rs.10,000.

Can anybody justify spending Rs.10,000 more for S02 over S01 ?

.... Thanks & Regards

Hi,
Is there any owner of NP550p5c-S02IN ?
If yes, pl. let me know whether Blu Ray discs can be burnt using this Laptop ?
... Thanks & Regards

Hi,
The model I'm looking at is NP550p5c-S02IN of Ci7.
I'm getting mixed responses regarding BluRay Drive. All shop keepers I visited were saying "It can write BDs". Even Samsung Technical Support said the same. But on this thread only, I got reply as "It can't write BDs.".
Totally confused. Because if it's not BD Writer then spending Rs.10,000 more for this model over S01IN may not be wise decision.

... Thanks & Regards

dexbg

Journeyman
Hi @HighPerformance

I had the choice of buying both S02IN & S01IN but opted for the S01IN .. didnt feel the 10,000k was needed that much.
I'll rather spend the saved money on accessories & upgrades. Mouse, Cooler + SSD.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^ the difference is 8k, not 10k, and the price difference is totally justified.......the dell 15r se i5 with 4gb ram costs 50,990, the same one with i7 and 8gb ram costs 59,990..and it does not include blu-ray, just changing the ram and procy increased the price by 9k. if you're not planing to use the blu-ray or do any intense video rendering, get the i5....

RON28

Cyborg Agent
@ron......Why da faq ur lappy broke my lappy's record...n y didn't u told abt temps
its 3000th post of the thread
at 70% CPU i get 80C that 93C were on 100%, i already posted about temps when i bought the laptop. dan4u suggested me to set cpu to 70%.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^hmmm will try it, but I'm skeptical about beta driver's, the last time I installed 304.79 I couldn't launch saints row 3......will try it, if somthins wrong I'll revert back to 296.87

Theodre

In the zone
My laptops DOOMED!!! I think the first one to have a repair in this thread, right?????:( It say's HDD Password frozen!!!!;( Cannot boot and my dream lap doomed ;(

Top Bottom