The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

rider

as Kratos
just plated gta 4 on icenhancer 2.1 thanks ratul for your help and pratyush too for doing it for me :) i got 15-20 fps in high settings not even very high and when i play on very high fps were 8 lol i m shocked!! i though this laptop could handle the gta 4 in max settings but its not forget about gta 5 guys save some bucks for xbox

Remove that icenhancer patch if you wish to long life for your laptop.

boltcat

Broken In
@boltcal :-its signed!!

Yes it is singed but is the signature valid ? Look for the validation result on "Digital Signature Details" window, Tab "General". First line should be "Digital Signature Information" and second line is the validation result. For a valid signature it should be "This digital signature is OK".

pratyush997

Inactive
@Bolt cat:-Holy **** it ain't Signed Screenshot by Lightshot

What is here to rofl about? It's not about fps it is about the the risk of blowing your laptop as it is written in the terms and conditions of icenhancer.
I forgot "Comma"
:rofl: for the way u said it, n I got really poor fps in that.......

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Remove that icenhancer patch if you wish to long life for your laptop.

rider you know 1 starnge thing happened with me...while playing without icenhancer max temp were 94 and with playing icenhancer max temp were 88 i played 40-50 mins!

boltcat

Broken In
@Bolt cat:-Holy **** it ain't Signed Screenshot by Lightshot

The file is signed but failed in verification, it means we do not have the copy of the file that Samsung signed. We have corrupted copy.
Could other owners' verify this too (have original or corrupted secswmgrguide.exe) ?

ratul

█████████████████
just plated gta 4 on icenhancer 2.1 thanks ratul for your help and pratyush too for doing it for me :) i got 15-20 fps in high settings not even very high and when i play on very high fps were 8 lol i m shocked!! i though this laptop could handle the gta 4 in max settings but its not forget about gta 5 guys save some bucks for xbox

well that actually proves what i read here:
LaptopNut @notebookreview said:
GTA IV's performance GTX 485M Vs my GTX 680M is not much different. Sure, I can get slightly smoother performance at higher settings but the frame rates are still from 28-45+ fps, in the air is is 80 fps, some areas are 50+ fps but none is ever consistent and there are always the occasional stutters.

This game is very poorly optimized and the only thing that will make much of a difference is a very powerful Quad Core clocked at a much higher rate. GPU's make a minimal noticeable difference on this one unless you go from low to high spec i.e GTX 285M to GTX 485M.

In comparison, I can play SR3 maxed at 60 fps with no stutters at all. The GTA IV Enb Mod will not make matters any better. However, if GTA IV was straight to the PC, we would most likely not have any of these issues.

Only if a game is heavily GPU dependent (like most), would we see better performance in this new generation.

Icenhancer is rather CPU intensive than GPU, we are getting equivalent fps, so we would need an i7 overclocked to 4.5ghz or more to have optimum fps in this thing...

Conan

Broken In
Lenovo Y580 is available in ebay, its being shipped from the US for 78k link

It may seem immodest, but, I will take credit for that listing on ebay. I had decided to go for Y580 and have it shipped here through a reseller, but, as it happens, I chanced upon the Sammy that very day. BTW, if you buy directly from the reseller "cart2india", they will give you the very same model for 67k.

can you please provide the contact no of the dealer in nehru place... and what all things u r getting along with it....??

i inquired the price to be 58.4k with bag, mouse, cleaning kit and 8gb pen drive...

The 56.5k price was quoted by "Sonal Infosoft", you can look up the address and phone no. on justdial or check your PM. I am just getting the bag with it.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
comeon guys telll me

if iam not wrong, he will call you before an hour, always happened with me, so as soon as you receive courier guy's call, convince him to reach your college if its near your house or tell him to come home when your present, once same thing happened with me, and he came at evening to deliver instead of afternoon, flipkart rocks :)

pratyush997

Inactive
It may seem immodest, but, I will take credit for that listing on ebay. I had decided to go for Y580 and have it shipped here through a reseller, but, as it happens, I chanced upon the Sammy that very day. BTW, if you buy directly from the reseller "cart2india", they will give you the very same model for 67k.
Oh faq...Then y u got sammy!!...If that guy offered me 67k I would have forgot wtf is Sammy!!

ratul

█████████████████
wtf??? :shock: someone wrote there he got 20-30 fps on a 2500k and 6950 and its unplayable sometimes!! wooohoo!! boohoo!! rockstar

yeah, rockstar is GAWD, they made a graphically challenged game, who needs mods to make it look decent, and still can make a monstorous system crawling to it's knees, which i think even MP3, BF3 can't do.. :p

RON28

Cyborg Agent
yeah, rockstar is GAWD, they made a graphically challenged game, who needs mods to make it look decent, and still can make a monstorous system crawling to it's knees, which i think even MP3, BF3 can't do.. :p

even Half Life 2 looks far better than GTA IV..

Top Bottom