The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

pratyush997

Inactive
^^bro I'm seriously disappointed w/ temps...I donno want this again....High Temps low Performance!!Seems like Overheating is engraved in my "Kismat"...My HP is dead due to this issue only!

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for your reply RON :)
I wanna buy i7 only so that i should not face any issue for at-least next 2-3 years.

@pratyush & all: Can a good cooling pad helps regarding the overheating bit ???

How about this lappy Asus N56VZ, the price in india is way too high about 71k... not sure about the availability. Is it worth the cost???

the lappy you mentioned is really good, ASUS laptops are reliable...for 71k i think its slightly expensive, and does it have DDR5 or DDR3 GPU?

^^bro I'm seriously disappointed w/ temps...I donno want this again....High Temps low Performance!!Seems like Overheating is engraved in my "Kismat"...My HP is dead due to this issue only!

and if you are going for gaming rig, just PM clius only...that guy is great...has much knowledge in PC configs. many people bought or assembled PCs according to him on tdf...and they don't forget to say him thanks. :)

rider

as Kratos

Yea! 101*C is more than enough and you can not compare with a 4-5 yrs old hp tablet PC.
Nowadays good laptop not even reach above 85*C max. But are you sure you will get a complete refund by samsung? And I already suggest you to get a gaming rig as your main concern was gaming not portability, so why u bought samsung?

pratyush997

Inactive
Bro.. I need that portability as well as some gaming..but w/ that portability ...sammy gave me no chance to do occasional gaming even... and gave temps as bonus :p

rider

as Kratos
Bro.. I need that portability as well as some gaming..but w/ that portability ...sammy gave me no chance to do occasional gaming even... and gave temps as bonus :p
How much temp you get after an hour of play in samsung? Tell me both of processor and GPU.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^Well, My lappy runs pretty cool @ 101C in any game, any settings!
1-Temps
2-Throttling(fixed temporarily)
...thats all!

dude are you playing in high performance with cpu max 100%??

hey guys , here' somethin.a few days back some 1 posted a link 4 a review on notebook review of the np550, though it had a gt630m gfx card. the temps were as high as the one on full load (about 95 deg) but they experienced absolutely no throttling at all, where as the 17 incher with gt 650 m experienced throttling. so could the gfx card (maybe beta drivers) be causing the problem cause for one, v can definitely say that it aint the processor or the temps thats causing the throttling .

yea future updates id sure to fix this ....

Don't keep looking temperatures all the time or you will be obsessed and worry all the time. We paid lots of money to enjoy gaming not for reviewing and keeping eyes on temp all the time. icenhancer is highly not recommended to play on laptops, I played GTA IV on my desktop with icenhancer years ago on HD 5770, the graphics looks over shiny, fake and everything looks weird and unreal. Respect the original real graphics by rockstar animators and play on official patch 1.0.7.0 by rockstar, you will get much better fps without icehnacer.

+1

rider

as Kratos
^^GPU-91C and CPU- Faqin Century ...101C in 15 Mins of game play..seriously WTF?

91*C GPU in 15 minutes!! O_O
Mine never reached after hours and hours of gaming, I recently checked my temp while playing an hour of future soldiers and Radeon temperature was 73*C max in my hp dv6

Are you getting complete refund? How?

pratyush997

Inactive
^^I fixed fid to 26 ...in profile..i.e. 2.6 GHz...So do u want me to play >2.2 GHz ...then WTH? What is use to game on Well known Quad cores w/ hyperthreading???

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^@rider dude, I played saints row the third on my cousins dv6 6165tx, the temps were cpu 91c, gpu 86c..........temps are really dependent on the games we play.

also check this article out, it says stable drivers for 650M is not out yet for W7 and W8, future driver updates is bound to make a lot of difference...

Last edited:

avj

Broken In
^^I fixed fid to 26 ...in profile..i.e. 2.6 GHz...So do u want me to play >2.2 GHz ...then WTH? What is use to game on Well known Quad cores w/ hyperthreading???
r u sure that is the default setting....or u cud try reinstalling core i7's drivers

dan4u

Took Off!!!

dude in samsung optimized profile, set your cpu max to 70% and min 50%. even if its 100 % you'll not see any difference in performance or fps while gaming. I don't rely on TS, and FYI, even a 2nd gen i3 processor can handle latest games provided it has a decent graphics card....just google it...

pratyush997

Inactive
dude in samsung optimized profile, set your cpu max to 70% and min 50%. even if its 100 % you'll not see any difference in performance or fps while gaming. I don't rely on TS, and FYI, even a 2nd gen i3 processor can handle latest games provided it has a decent graphics card....just google it...
Limiting Cpu to 70% results in blocking FID to 16....which sux...

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Limiting Cpu to 70% results in blocking FID to 16....which sux...

Lol, In what way does it suck?? I only set it to samsung optimized when gaming. otherwise its always on high performance when changing video formats or just about anything else. and Like I said, playing at 70% does not reduce performance or fps at all...dude processors don't matter a lot for games, even a 2nd gen i3 can handle bf3 or gta iv easily if it has a good graphic card.....while playing gtai iv or bf3 at cpu 70%, the cpu usage in windows task manager is hardly 30-40%....

in software manager it says 8.17.12.9867
and its 215 mb

did you mean 8.17.12.9687???

Top Bottom