The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

ratul

█████████████████
@ratul icenhancer dont work with 1.7 patch? it works only with 1.4 or loweRr??

it works with 1.7 patch, here are my screenshots for the game with it (see spoiler):
Version 1.7:
*i.imgur.com/T59vs.jpg
*i.imgur.com/CPOv5.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Vf7KM.jpg
*i.imgur.com/U3iP2.jpg
*i.imgur.com/akAfV.jpg
*i.imgur.com/hmNBD.jpg

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@ujjwal: thanks bro, everyone else is confusing me. And did you update bios? Did you see any changes in temps after update?

ratul

█████████████████
hey does icenhancer mess around with the story of the game?? or does it just give better cars and improve aesthetics?

live ID??

that funny to see.. :rofl:

it's just aesthetics mode, to increase eyecandy....
for story, go with expansion pack EFLC (The lost and dammned, The ballad of gay tony), these have diff stories, and diff cars, weapons..
I have both and it's eating 29GB in whole, no less than MP3 i think.. :oops:.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
that funny to see.. :rofl:

it's just aesthetics mode, to increase eyecandy....
for story, go with expansion pack EFLC (The lost and dammned, The ballad of gay tony), these have diff stories, and diff cars, weapons..
I have both and it's eating 29GB in whole, no less than MP3 i think.. :oops:.
hehe :p...I've completed around 15% of gta, I'd go mad if I loose it because of a mod....yea I've got EFLC (thanks to flipkart:wink:), the whole thing takes 29 gigs:shock:

The one u use to login windows for live !!

oh:oops:, check PM, ...its called outlook now, Microsoft again changed it name and UI ...silly Microsoft...

boltcat

Broken In
Alert! Found a digitally signed exe file tampered (could be corrupted), may be the root of heat (system load) problem.

dan4u or Pratyush: could you please check this file against the given checksum and let us know.
File: c:\program files (x86)\samsung\samsung recovery solution 5\systemsoftware\secswmgrguide.exe
MD5: 6fa03782b656d5545a06dc66759d153d
SHA1: a8275f16ed741f9820a77304e825d54953e3d469
You can use microsoft's file checksum integrity verifier fciv.exe to generate the checksum and compare.

boltcat

Broken In
^Explain me WTF is Cheksum??

It is like CRC code, used to ensure that data/file not been corrupted. Even a change in one bit would generate a completely different checksum. The md5 and sha1 are the name of the algorithm used to generate the checksum. Check this link "*pcsupport.about.com/od/software-tools/ht/file-checksum-integrity-verifier.htm" for more.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@demolisher48: now you cant do anything. Let the cooler reach your home. When Later you return from clg then get it or say someone to courier you at your clg address.

boltcat

Broken In
^^No download links dude!!! MS one not working

Yes it is removed. You can download a suitable one from this page "*www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-hash-utility.htm".

The advantage in using fciv.exe is that it is from microsoft and very safe as the file is digitally singed by microsoft, (you can check the file integrity before using it). If you want I can send you a copy of mine.

ratul

█████████████████
Alert! Found a digitally signed exe file tampered (could be corrupted), may be the root of heat (system load) problem.

dan4u or Pratyush: could you please check this file against the given checksum and let us know.
File: c:\program files (x86)\samsung\samsung recovery solution 5\systemsoftware\secswmgrguide.exe
You can use microsoft's file checksum integrity verifier fciv.exe to generate the checksum and compare.

umm, how dafaq dis file is related to system heating???
everybody is facing heating only in gaming, not in normal use i think, and this file is'nt even related to graphics or anything, looks just like samsung recovery app..
there's no connection b/w heating and this file unless this file is taking high cpu usage under task manager.. :p

to check md5/sha1, use this, it's easy and fast..

pratyush997

Inactive

Well I found this
MD5 Checksum: 6FA03782B656D5545A06DC66759D153D
SHA-1 Checksum: A8275F16ED741F9820A77304E825D54953E3D469

boltcat

Broken In
umm, how dafaq dis file is related to system heating???
everybody is facing heating only in gaming, not in normal use i think, and this file is'nt even related to graphics or anything, looks just like samsung recovery app..
there's no connection b/w heating and this file unless this file is taking high cpu usage under task manager.. :p

to check md5/sha1, use this, it's easy and fast..

The reported file is corrupted and the effect may not be direct (file taking high cpu usage). This is a very important file, it is part of Easy Software Manager (as per file description), which handles installation / maintenance of other software, driver etc. and hence could corrupt any software or driver.

Well I found this

Thanks pratyush. The checksums are identical, means we have identical copy of that file. Just to make sure, can you check the validity of the digital signature (this file is digitally singed by Samsung).
You need to open the Properites window for this file and click on the Digital Signatures tab. There will only one signature, select it and click on Details button. This will open the Digital Signature Details window with the result of signature validation.
Let us know the result.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
just plated gta 4 on icenhancer 2.1 thanks ratul for your help and pratyush too for doing it for me :) i got 15-20 fps in high settings not even very high and when i play on very high fps were 8 lol i m shocked!! i though this laptop could handle the gta 4 in max settings but its not forget about gta 5 guys save some bucks for xbox