The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

dan4u

Took Off!!!
I dont know, thats why I questioned.

However I still doubt how is there no adverse effect of underpowering the cpu?
dude there's no adverse effect and all, In a laptop when you set to "power saver mode" the min cpu is 5% and max 50%(draws less power), when you set to "high performance" min 100% and max 100 %, so its not like overclocking or anything

Ashish247

Journeyman
dude there's no adverse effect and all, In a laptop when you set to "power saver mode" the min cpu is 5% and max 50%(draws less power), when you set to "high performance" min 100% and max 100 %, so its not like overclocking or anything

Cool.. Thnx. can you state the voltage and amperage of the charger?

dexbg

Journeyman
There is not problem with using a higher wattage charger, it is the Voltage that have to be same.

A 120 Watt charger will only provide 90 Watts if thats what the system demands.. if it demands 110 Watts then it will provide 110 Watts.
The Voltage value has to be same though .. VERY IMPORTANT.

Higher Amp will provide faster charging ..

Same Voltage
Equal or Higher Watt (power)
Equal or Higher Amp (current)

P = V * I :D

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^^ output 19V and 4.74 A, so 19 x 4.74= 90.06w, a charger with higher amps will do ...but we have to find one

dexbg

Journeyman
^^^ output 19V and 4.74 A, so 19 x 4.74= 90.06w, a charger with higher amps will do ...but we have to find one

Thanks.. Can you somehow compare this to the DELL chargers .. see if there is a variation in V or Amps ??

Does the laptop draw more Volts when its maxed out ??

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Thanks.. Can you somehow compare this to the DELL chargers .. see if there is a variation in V or Amps ??

Does the laptop draw more Volts when its maxed out ??

I think Dell's is 19.5v, check out adapter section in flipkart.

terrafield

Broken In
Can you tell me replacing optical drive is as easy as adding additional SSD? Also will it void warranty?

Thanks for your response

I checked with Samsung customer care and got confirmed that there is no additional Hard drive bay in 15 inch model. Only 17 inch model has additional hard drive bay. It seems they are using common BIOS and thats why we are getting 3rd option in Boot Priority

Top Bottom