The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

Dr Andy

Right off the assembly line
i have searched yesterday entire bangalore for samsung i7 with no luck......everywhere it is out of stock.....damn never thought it would happen to me.......does anybody can help me??n

dan4u

Took Off!!!
i have searched yesterday entire bangalore for samsung i7 with no luck......everywhere it is out of stock.....damn never thought it would happen to me.......does anybody can help me??n

in samsung website select dealer locator (link) and choose bangalore, you will get tons of dealers. call them up and ask if the model is available, why didn't you call the shops you visited yesterday before going, it saves a lot of time and trouble:wink:

Theodre

In the zone
Guys my laptop has been ordered for more than a week and there is no response from the other side. I called the Customer care and they said it's is getting late!:( Is it normal??? They said my shipment is coming from jaipur and the address i have given is my dads friends who is in kochi(kerala). Is it ok to take this much of time??? I a getting really worried :( Mine is the i5 version:)

pratyush997

Inactive
Hi guyz
Hi guyz I'm Planning to have a Clean Install of Win 7 UL 64 bit!.
What would be necessary files after installation!

Port 0 - Occupied -> OK =HDD
Port 2 - Occupied -> OK=ODD
Where dafaq is PORT 1 at??

*i.imgur.com/TL8rV.png

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Yes samsungindiaestore.com :( Am getting a bit tensed. Or is it because it takes this much of time to get here (from jaipur to kochi)??

dude you could have gone to Kochi or even Thrissur to buy it from a dealer, it would have been cheaper too. did you opt for cash on delivery? yea it might take time to get from jaipur.

magnet

Youngling
So found Real Problem for i7 Users!. Briefly - Its just cuz of provided PSU isn't sufficient for gaming!
Core i7 consumes 45w ...
Gt 650M consumes 45W...Link
PSU provided is of 90W so i7 under clocks so that rest all components such as Display, WiFi, BT,Speakers stay working!! and results in fps drops

Gaming on Battery!!...is not recommended...Did u played?

Edit:- Calibrate battery again in BIOS settings !

I had a chat with mod Sam who is testing the trinity lappy.

He also said me this machine is the beast but the serious drawback is the charger which is only 90w.

45 watt for cpu and rest for the pc is way to less.

One needs to pester samsung to have more watt power charger.Its a serious fault on behalf of samsung underpowering such a mean machine.

pratyush997

Inactive
^ atleast 130W which comes with Dell 17R SE!!....DAFAQ They provided us 90W lol

thats what I said!
45W-i7
45W gpu
psu=90W....and everything else gettin faqed up!!lol

RON28

Cyborg Agent
So found Real Problem for i7 Users!. Briefly - Its just cuz of provided PSU isn't sufficient for gaming!
Core i7 consumes 45w ...
Gt 650M consumes 45W...Link
PSU provided is of 90W so i7 under clocks so that rest all components such as Display, WiFi, BT,Speakers stay working!! and results in fps drops

Gaming on Battery!!...is not recommended...Did u played?

Edit:- Calibrate battery again in BIOS settings !

how to calibrate in BIOS? :(

yes i played CS 1.6 on battery :(

magnet

Youngling

thats what I said!
45W-i7
45W gpu

Yes but my next question is cant one use some other high wattage charger.According to him if it doesnt come from sammy its a very big risk to take.But than cant one use some other charger of sammy family with high wattage?

pratyush997

Inactive
how to calibrate in BIOS? :(

yes i played CS 1.6 on battery :(
Hit f2 after 2 sec of hitting power button. Navigate to Advance options or a tab right after it ...you should see something similar to this
Smart Battery Calibration
..Try that.

Yes but my next question is cant one use some other high wattage charger.According to him if it doesnt come from sammy its a very big risk to take.But than cant one use some other charger of sammy family with high wattage?
yeah its risky and shouldn't be done cuz Amperes and Volts used for charging differs from Brand to brand

Ashish247

Journeyman

thats what I said!
45W-i7
45W gpu
I thought everything was fine with the i7 version? Gaming seemed to go fine with everyone earlier. Is this a serious problem? Cant we replace the stock charger with another 120W charger? And what will be the problems due to this charger?
I saw ASUS n56vz with similar config and FHD display providing 120W charger.

pratyush997

Inactive
1- Its is f9 except less powered PSU
2- Yeah cuz there is no power left for other components
3-whee can you get 120W Samsung PSU?
4-Throttling, Low performance...
5-As on Samsung it states 90W/120W....So 90W should be for i5 and 120W for i7..

dan4u

Took Off!!!

I searched around but couldn't find one provided by Samsung, in the tech specs it mentions a 120w/90w charger...wonder what that is. I guess only samsung cc can answer that.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
I thought everything was fine with the i7 version? Gaming seemed to go fine with everyone earlier. Is this a serious problem? Cant we replace the stock charger with another 120W charger? And what will be the problems due to this charger?
I saw ASUS n56vz with similar config and FHD display providing 120W charger.

its not a problem that will effect your lap, you just have to under power the cpu while gaming.

Ashish247

Journeyman
1- Its is f9 except less powered PSU
2- Yeah cuz there is no power left for other components
3-whee can you get 120W Samsung PSU?
4-Throttling, Low performance...
5-As on Samsung it states 90W/120W....So 90W should be for i5 and 120W for i7..

Ok thnx. I was talking another charger(not from samsung necessarily).

its not a problem that will effect your lap, you just have to under power the cpu while gaming.

And the game will work perfectly smooth?

Top Bottom