The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

RON28

Cyborg Agent
****... 100fps at 800x600 in CS 1.6 is all I wanted 'back in our day' :p

Kids today .. :D

rofl you too? even im happy same resolution :D that also on INTEL graphic processor, now my headshots are getting registered with right time :p

demolisher48

Journeyman
reduced the resolution and at medium.. got 68fps avg. then throttled so i used power saving got 31fps fixed.. does your fps gets capped at 30fps in power savng too?

pratyush997

Inactive
I hope that I found the prob!!!
While gaming and i7 requires 45W but I just found that the MAX. chraging Watts is 31W.
which is a way too less for 45W i7 and GPU!!
*i.imgur.com/qeUfQ.png

RON28

Cyborg Agent
yeah mine too gets hot...dont worry about it.

i have a serious problem now...battery wear level has been to 16% :(

pratyush997

Inactive
So found Real Problem for i7 Users!. Briefly - Its just cuz of provided PSU isn't sufficient for gaming!
Core i7 consumes 45w ...
Gt 650M consumes 45W...Link
PSU provided is of 90W so i7 under clocks so that rest all components such as Display, WiFi, BT,Speakers stay working!! and results in fps drops

yeah mine too gets hot...dont worry about it.

Gaming on Battery!!...is not recommended...Did u played?

Edit:- Calibrate battery again in BIOS settings !

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!

did you drain the battery after first full charge, its always recommended you do that. and also enable samsung battery life extender. I've been gaming on AC, with the battery connected, there's no wear till now.

pratyush997

Inactive
Hi guyzz
So found Real Problem for i7 Users!. Briefly - Its just cuz of provided PSU isn't sufficient for gaming!
Core i7 consumes 45w ...
PSU provided is of 90W so i7 under clocks so that rest all components such as Display, WiFi, BT,Speakers stay working!! and results in fps drops
What abt this ...does anyone cares ??

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Core i7 consumes 45w ...
well then what about i5?? it uses 35w ........I'm guessing the 120w adapter will fix it. I asked samsung cc if its a problem with the adapter, n they said that couldn't be it, then again I was speaking to a representative, not tech support. hmmmm..

pratyush997

Inactive
so for i5
i5-35W
gt 650M-45w
PSU 90W ...Power left= 10W..is it sufficient to power Display, WiFi, BT,Speakers, HDD and ODD?? Donno think so!

Hi guyz I'm Planning to have a Clean Install of Win 7 UL 64 bit!.
What would be necessary files after installation!

Port 0 - Occupied -> OK =HDD
Port 2 - Occupied -> OK=ODD
Where dafaq is PORT 1 at??
*i.imgur.com/TL8rV.png

Top Bottom