The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

potheadninja

Broken In
@np550 owners, 7730m is not all that bad as you guys make it out to be. Both me and ratul have overclocked it and it is performing better than 640m gddr5 and as for speakers, I dont know why dell ditched jbl in favour of skullcandy for SE series but it is pretty good even without subwoofers, the location of speakers make the sound waves to bounce off of underlying solid surface and fill the room so it is really loud and nice.
@ratul, I will be buying a gaming rig too once my training is over and I used to play for 8-10 hours too, my record is 11 hour straight 3 years ago :)
PS- just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't mean he is a troll. That fish guy clearly
didn't start the fight, he just stated his opinion and some of you mocked him with that stupid smiley so he naturally got angry, he didn't deserve a ban for that. Just my two cents.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
@np550 owners, 7730m is not all that bad as you guys make it out to be. Both me and ratul have overclocked it and it is performing better than 640m gddr5 and as for speakers, I dont know why dell ditched jbl in favour of skullcandy for SE series but it is pretty good even without subwoofers, the location of speakers make the sound waves to bounce off of underlying solid surface and fill the room so it is really loud and nice.
@ratul, I will be buying a gaming rig too once my training is over and I used to play for 8-10 hours too, my record is 11 hour straight 3 years ago :)
PS- just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't mean he is a troll. That fish guy clearly
didn't start the fight, he just stated his opinion and some of you mocked him with that stupid smiley so he naturally got angry, he didn't deserve a ban for that. Just my two cents.

buddy yeah 7730 is awesome too no one said that its bad...but if you consider it over 650m then its not :) 7730 can handle all the current games with no problem and yes me too will be buying a new gaming rig when i got a job :) gaming future is set for us thanks for all the makers :) i want rockstar to work on bully 2 asap lol i love the game :D

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't make this a lol/chit-chat thread. Infractions will be handed out otherwise.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
^^^at what settings? crysis and crysis warhead were made originally for pcs...they are not console ports...so i think still today they are one of those more demanding games. at what settings you are playing?

pratyush997

Inactive
My laptop runs a bit slow, Is it normal for the first few uses?
Check your Signature! i5 ain't Quad core and seems much similar to mine in terms of the Way I wrote "w/ sub Woofer" lol ...And yeah Initially Opening files ect.. are slow cuz Anti virus scans 'em all when you open it!!... Donno worry :wink:..

RON28

Cyborg Agent
my 3DMARK11 score. i think its low na...don't know...first time i did it.

max setting.. 1600x900 resolution
i think check again while lowering the resolution.

My laptop runs a bit slow, Is it normal for the first few uses?

mine was running like a dual core processor when i bought it...and when i formatted it run butter smooth ;) also i used ESET NOD32...it runs smooth on P4 pc...ours is 3rd gen I5 ;)

ratul

█████████████████
personal choice buddy, but i liked playing in 900p resolution with advanced settings :)

aaah Ratul, so this is that guy :D thanks yaar...you have been blessed by several mid/high setting gamers :D ya...anyday gaming pc outperforms GTX 680M...But its personal choice, still happy with my samsung. thanks a lot for making this laptop into consideration among other members, because that time 15R SE was only choice left for me :p even i will build my gaming rig after three years when i will be employed, till then i will torture this GT 650M :p

:cloud9:

and that's true, it all varies from person to person, i have'nt "intensively" used 15" laps above 768p, so i like it pretty much.. :wink:

t3chg33k

Broken In
Don't know if anyone else has observed this, but the additional warranty offer has been extended to Aug 31st, so I guess it is time for me to take the plunge. Any tips on the best place to purchase this from in Mumbai?

*i50.tinypic.com/359lsuh.png

Top Bottom