The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

nilede

Right off the assembly line
hi, har, yours seems to be the only ok one of i5, no graphics throttling. Have you tried Battlefield 3 or Max Payne 3?

OP
har

har

In the zone
hi, har, yours seems to be the only ok one of i5, no graphics throttling. Have you tried Battlefield 3 or Max Payne 3?

No I dont like FPS much. I tried Skyrim,crysis 2 etc at ultra and it doesnt go above 90. Once it went to 92.
Assassins creed series throttled a bit though. Others were absolutely fine.

potheadninja

Broken In
i think we all should leave MBP's from our discussions, as their build quality is premium, and the aluminium body acts as a heatsink, keeping MBP's far more cooler @ higher usage, and remember, Retina Display is far more than FHD.. :p

As far as Dell's concerned, they are cooler than 550p, mine has'nt reached above 80 (except GTA 4 with icenhancer 2.1, max 82), played arkham city for 4-5hrs, 77 was max..
And yes, sammy's heatup is a concern for gamer, if heavy gamers (like most of us) game above 90 all the time, it would'nt be a problem now, but for those who won't buy another lap soon, will definitely face problem, as constant high temps will weaken the capacitors on motherboard, and they could leak and burn (happened with me on my desktop).. DELL has accidental protection, mine with 3 yrs, so even my lap burns, it would be covered....
Hope, it's a driver issue in sammy, but acc to me, temps would be higher only, drivers can only control throttling, the games in coming years will be the "baap" of MP3, so heat build up is a serious issue.. (just hope 7730m could handle future games in low-mid)..

Don't worry dude 7730m should be able to handle upcoming games. I also own a 15r se and 2 days ago I overclocked the gpu (core-610mhz, memory-940mhz), now it is performing better than 640m in witcher 2 and the maximum temperature I have observed so far is 67c.

ratul

█████████████████
Don't worry dude 7730m should be able to handle upcoming games. I also own a 15r se and 2 days ago I overclocked the gpu (core-610mhz, memory-940mhz), now it is performing better than 640m in witcher 2 and the maximum temperature I have observed so far is 67c.
woah, please tell me the procedure to do it HERE.

ratul

█████████████████
well, thats ok though not great!! it should run on max settings with mods anyways anything after 25 is smooth :) and what about temps dude?

well as i said, it reached once 82c during gta iv, but mostly i see it b/w 75-80 while playing gta iv..
and i think it's gr8, as my gta iv is patched to 1.0.7.0, and icenhancer works best with 1.0.4.0 or 1.0.0.4, it says in readme that icenhancer will lag on 1.0.7.0 patch, so i think it's running gr8.. :)

ujjwal007

Lost in games
well as i said, it reached once 82c during gta iv, but mostly i see it b/w 75-80 while playing gta iv..
and i think it's gr8, as my gta iv is patched to 1.0.7.0, and icenhancer works best with 1.0.4.0 or 1.0.0.4, it says in readme that icenhancer will lag on 1.0.7.0 patch, so i think it's running gr8.. :)

yeah dude!! wanted a dell laptop with high end gpu badly :( with 60k LOL

pratyush997

Inactive
How dafaq can u play gta iv @ 75-80fps....Dell's got 60Hz display

fish_123

Banned
ok guys after 1 month of reading this thread and inspiron15r ..i have narrowed down 2 choices..

1 Dell inspiron 15r se FHD, backlit version i5
2 Samsung 550p i5

so which one should i go for..my laptop will be on most of the time..i will do web browsing/videos mostly..and i will play games(online too), as i am a gamer..i want to buy 550p but serious throttling is keeping me away from buying..like u guys posted 90-97 C thats so bad, i mean it will surely burn afta few months since mine will be on most of the time..and the FHD display is attracting me towards 15r SE and i read no temp probs in 15r..but it has a weaker graphics means i wont be able to play in native res high setting :( frame rate will be bad..and medium, low settings are no delight..WHAT SHOULD I DO ? goddamnit i am confused..also i know dell's service is much superior..i have no idea about samsung, no friend has it and i have never used it..

Theodre

In the zone
And also know that i was a guy who was to buy 14R SE :) I hate to talk about it!!! And i hope its just about the drivers probs with samsung :) I have ordered samsung i5 version :) waiting for it :) I would recommend Samsung :)

Top Bottom