The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

dx1

Broken In
hi guys i am a prospective buyer but i am a little confused with the throttling issue.:-o

Till now i understand the problem is only with i5 users, i7 people have no problem....Right?
The throttling sets in only when on AC Adaptor (strange!), no problems ON Battery....?

After what time does the problem set in 10min, 15 min, 20 min ?....
What's the view of users is it a Driver problem or a larger hardware problem?

potheadninja

Broken In
hi guys i am a prospective buyer but i am a little confused with the throttling issue.:-o

Till now i understand the problem is only with i5 users, i7 people have no problem....Right?
The throttling sets in only when on AC Adaptor (strange!), no problems ON Battery....?

After what time does the problem set in 10min, 15 min, 20 min ?....
What's the view of users is it a Driver problem or a larger hardware problem?

As far as I know throttling occurs either due to faulty power supply or high temperature, this laptop seems to have both of these issues. So I dont think it's a driver problem, it is just my personal opinion so I might be wrong.

sakii

\m/ \m/
Woah..... loads of activity goin on here....just came bck frm a 2 dy trip. SATA 3 available :eek:

Sammy's JBL is so nyc tht I hv already stopped listening to music on headphone. Played DMC 4 & NFS shift 3-4 hrs (each) fr 2 days.... and bang !!! no FPS slutter on ma l5 version. All setting maxed out in DMC4 and played on Turbo mode...Lappy placed on sammy's box only with fan exhaust out of box edge :)

Laptop is wrking supa kool..... the M worried abt is battery indicator never shows me correct info. though %age of battery showed is ok...but it mess up with the time...any solution to it ??? and ALSO I m having this doubt tht should I game on AC even fully charging out as I heard somewhere overcharging of battery is not good for battery life.

oh...to add to it... the room was non AC and No cooling pad used.

Last edited:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Woah..... loads of activity goin on here....just came bck frm a 2 dy trip. SATA 3 available :eek:

Sammy's JBL is so nyc tht I hv already stopped listening to music on headphone. Played DMC 4 & NFS shift 3-4 hrs (each) fr 2 days.... and bang !!! no FPS slutter on ma l5 version. All setting maxed out in DMC4 and played on Turbo mode...Lappy placed on sammy's box only with fan exhaust out of box edge :)

Laptop is wrking supa kool..... the M worried abt is battery indicator never shows me correct info. though %age of battery showed is ok...but it mess up with the time...any solution to it ??? and ALSO I m having this doubt tht should I game on AC even fully charging out as I heard somewhere overcharging of battery is not good for battery life.
sakii what is DM4? :)

Yeah, right overcharging also leads to degradation of battery, keep the ratio of charging and non charging gaming in 6:4 :)

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
SO the problem is only with the games which needs high cpu power! like gta iv, kyrim, etc....

dude I used to play GTA IV on my 3 year old hp laptop, at high settings, it had a core 2 duo P8600 processor. if a 3 year old processor can handle gta iv, there's no reason why a new gen i5/i7 can't handle it.

dan4u

Took Off!!!

dude try out gta iv or mp3...

dexbg

Journeyman
Hi Guys..

So reading through this has really convinced me of this purchase.

I've also managed to get a 10% employee discount though a friend and will be purchasing the i7 variant this Saturday.
The rep at the Samsung Store quoted me a display price of 60k. (Is this price ok ? ) -- net price should be 55k for me.

This will my primary workstation so I wanna go all out on the purchase.
The i5 version seems to be out of stock in Hyd. presently.

Regarding the overheating issue, I wont be gaming much .. so if running on internal HD4000 there shouldnt be any temperature issues right ?

--

sakii

\m/ \m/
dude try out gta iv or mp3...
Sure Dan This weekend I will get Deus-Ex ..... sure I will try to get a copy of GTA 4.

What if I keep max charging upto 95% (i think there is an option in power management) thn will it b safe for battery. ??

BTW this weekend I will b trying benchmarking this i5 beast. wht I knw is I need to do 3D benchmark ..... any other benchmark to do...plz tell

Top Bottom