The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

OP
har

har

In the zone
Guys , this lap is really awesome.

(comparing to 15r se(my 1st lap): )
Awesome screen :anti reflective,HD+ res,super bright
I will later compare JBL vs SkullCandy (15r se) ..but sub woofer with this one really makes the difference.
Feels lighter to carry n to keep on lap.
Havn't started gaming yet.

Selling my 15R SE (for no loss) and buying this 550p is(as of now) the smartest and VFM deal i ever made. :mrgreen:

Heard there is an upcoming offer of 3 yrs warranty with this lap by near 5th of this month.:razz:

BTW Is win 8 worth it??IS it good ?

So the screen is better ?
A member antisocialbratt said the samsung is horrible compared to the SE.
As you owned both,I guess you can make a fair comparison :razz:

And 3 yr warranty offer ?? I cant wait :)

Theodre

In the zone
Is it true that the lap has 3 SATA port or is it because the bios version is invalid?????????? Confirm someone:)

@har- how much battery backup do you get on a normal usage???

Last edited:
OP
har

har

In the zone
Is it true that the lap has 3 SATA port or is it because the bios version is invalid?????????? Confirm someone:)

@har- how much battery backup do you get on a normal usage???

I've activated the only 80% charge mode. And I get around 4.5 hrs on that mode. On 100% 5hr plus is possible easily. It really depends on the usage.

pratyush997

Inactive
@NikiNfOuR and xOvErClOcKeRx
If there is no Extra bay for Another HDD/SSD Then why the hell SATA Port 3 Is left blank!!!!
*i.imgur.com/uk2iG.jpg
The MoBo Bios is NOT Invalid !!!!!!!!!!Just GPU(GT650M) BIOS Version is shown Invalid in nVidia Inspector
*img.techpowerup.org/120804/nvidia_20120804_142551.png
Battery backup is charged to 80% Lasts for 4-4.5 Hr. Easily!!

t3chg33k

Broken In
1+ i m thinking ditto wish it was not a design issue oh boy!!

I had so very made up my mind to buy this thing before the end of July, but I am holding out in hope for the Lenovo IdeaPad Y580. Most of the reviews/feedback I have read about the Lenovo with the same i7 processor and the GTX 660m with beta drivers state that the temperature does not exceed 80 deg. under heavy gaming. So I guess there are valid reasons to be apprehensive about Samsung's thermal design.

rider

as Kratos
Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 is not available in India yet, and if it will launch the core-i5 model would cost approx 70k like in other countries like UK where its 850 pounds.
Don't think lenovo will provide a special giant discount like they done in united states.

t3chg33k

Broken In
I replied to t3chg33k

What rider has posted is certainly news to me as I had been following the $ prices and certainly can't be knowledgeable of all the discussions. Anyway this is still a top buy, though now the holding out has to be for any warranty offers and perhaps the S03, S04 models. At least I could do with a SSD cache in lieu of a smaller HDD with a slight bump in price.

potheadninja

Broken In
Guys , this lap is really awesome.

(comparing to 15r se(my 1st lap): )
Awesome screen :anti reflective,HD+ res,super bright
I will later compare JBL vs SkullCandy (15r se) ..but sub woofer with this one really makes the difference.
Feels lighter to carry n to keep on lap.
Havn't started gaming yet.

Selling my 15R SE (for no loss) and buying this 550p is(as of now) the smartest and VFM deal i ever made. :mrgreen:

Heard there is an upcoming offer of 3 yrs warranty with this lap by near 5th of this month.:razz:

BTW Is win 8 worth it??IS it good ?

Hey man can you please tell me where and how you sold your 15r se with no loss?

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Hey man can you please tell me where and how you sold your 15r se with no loss?

I had onece mensioned it ,i sold it for mere no loss bcos I am at collage and it was begining of 2nd yr - "the time everyone buy laptops".
And a friend of mine was trying to buy 15r se.So i sold it to him.(He got advantages though... :) )

I liked both these laps soo much..but 550p is better in MANY ways and cheaper.Almost an ideal machine provided "throttling is a driver issue which can be fixed later" is true.

har said:
So the screen is better ?
A member antisocialbratt said the samsung is horrible compared to the SE.
As you owned both,I guess you can make a fair comparison

And 3 yr warranty offer ?? I cant wait

No boubt 550p wins :twisted:
15r had ugly reflections,550p has anty reflictive(glare) screen
bigger res looks indeed good (but dont hav 15r se now for direct comparison)
and ya it reeally bright screen here ....:cool:
and yes better viewing angles (not 100% sure abt this bcos no direct comparison!!)

Once i reach bak to my hostel , i can compare these laps :wink:

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
something says me that this is an enggineering fault rather than driver issue cuz there are some machines from other oems with gt 650 and faster kepler chips with no reports of such serious issues. did anyone open up the laptop and checked the design?

and i hope the 03 & 04 models aren't win 8 refresh models and will be introduced soon.

hope the issue will be solved soon. imma get this.

Top Bottom