The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
Sorry was busy with college :p

Played arkham asylum at 1600*900 at max and got constant 60+ fps. Max CPU temp was 87 and 88 degrees. Throttling occured once for around 10 seconds and then went away. Faulty drivers. Come On NVIDIA !!

And what about the gpu temps?

OP
har

har

In the zone
Beats the purpose of having a 900p screen doesnt it then :p

The purpose of a 900p screen is better real estate for work such as spreadsheets,programming and even movies. Your desktop is much better. Anyway this is better than the glossy 1366*768 screen of inspiron only :p

daksh

Journeyman
900p is a huge plus for movies as well . Also text is much crisper due to the higher ppi.

About 4-5 hours .

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
Guys, can any one of you confirm whether this Sammy has a powered USB port that supports sleep-and-charge feature, as has been mentioned in the product description of the 550P in the Samsung India website?? :-?

cracked.phoenix

Right off the assembly line
If the lappy throttles while playing games, just remove the power cord. The temperatures will stabilize...

Although you won't be able to game much on battery :-?

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
Beats the purpose of having a 900p screen doesnt it then :p

Dude do you think that you can play demanding games in high settings at 1080P in the new Vaio S series which has a gorgeous 1080P IPS glossy but anti-reflective screen??
Do you think that you can play demanding games in high settings at 2880X1800 resolution in the new Macbook pro which has an outstanding retina display??
Does that mean that its not worth it to get these laptops?
This Samsung laptop is still way better than your pathetic Inspiron!!
And just for the record, as rider said, your inputs are not required in this thread, so stop trying to mislead people... :-x

OP
har

har

In the zone
If the lappy throttles while playing games, just remove the power cord. The temperatures will stabilize...

Although you won't be able to game much on battery :-?

Yeah thats a method. Or just reduce res to 1366*768 for games on ultra settings. Runs ultra well :-D

^^+1

@pratyush997--:-D
Post fps :)

pratyush997

Inactive
Finally started playing GTA 4 ....
It give avg. performance w/o patches in 1366x768 but I did Benchmark at 1600*900p
Got good results...:wink::twisted:
Didn't expected that I will buy a 4 years old game!!
But I got cool Game and ..........:|:|:-?:-xTemps
THE BENCHMARK WAS TAKEN IN HOT NON AC ROOM:cool::cool:
Pics are as follows:-
*s19.postimage.org/s68h3eo0z/GTAIV_2012_07_21_15_32_19_01.png
*s19.postimage.org/xixbhjbxf/GTAIV_2012_07_21_15_32_30_07.png
Why is it detecting HD 4000
*s19.postimage.org/mtjmpa04j/GTA_4.png

Last edited:

rekrow

Broken In
just bought my sammy 550p i7 version :) thank you everyone for helping us buyers :) must say the lappy is just gorgeous :) thank you all :D:doublethumb::2subs:

Top Bottom