The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

vipulgreattt

Broken In
Yeah thats a method. Or just reduce res to 1366*768 for games on ultra settings. Runs ultra well :-D

Does that mean no throttling on lower resolution??
And what about low demanding games, do they also cause this problem??

I'll be really relieved if it works fine at lower resolution or older games (prior to 2010)..:-D

OP
har

har

In the zone
Does that mean no throttling on lower resolution??
And what about low demanding games, do they also cause this problem??

I'll be really relieved if it works fine at lower resolution or older games (prior to 2010)..:-D

Yeah :-D Guess its too much even for gt650m to play at 1600*900 at high settings. Just lower the res and enjoy. All my throttling issues gone.:mrgreen:

pratyush997

Inactive
@har...Is GTA 4 so poorly optimized game for PC..Dafaq Lags every sec..Even There is no GPU or Cpu temp prob...Any patches to resolve this???

vipulgreattt

Broken In
Yeah :-D Guess its too much even for gt650m to play at 1600*900 at high settings. Just lower the res and enjoy. All my throttling issues gone.:mrgreen:

Wow, thats what I can live with. I hope no one else is still getting these problems :cool:

I wana buy I5 version.. You think i7 will be best bet as this one didnt face any issue?

OP
har

har

In the zone
@har...Is GTA 4 so poorly optimized game for PC..Dafaq Lags every sec..Even There is no GPU or Cpu temp prob...Any patches to resolve this???

It needs a good quad core to run properly. Its a huge system resource hog.
many users report the performance troubles even today because its a really bad port. I really dont know how to solve this. But there seems to be plenty of videos on youtube which claims to solve this. Why dont you try them out ? Maybe one will work :|

daksh

Journeyman
GTA4 is really poorly optimized . Without proper patches I've seen it lag on even 7970 . Not laptops fault. Google GTA4 lag pc and see .

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
Guys, if the people with i7 continue get throttling issues because of the PSU (quite clearly a 90 Watt PSU is insufficient for a 45 Watt Quad Core i7) then do you think Samsung will replace it with a 120 Watt PSU, as its mentioned in the product description as 90W/120W in Samsung India website.
I am saying this as all this talk of throttling has got me worried after ordering one (with i7) of these for myself, the notebookcheck review's stress tests especially, and besides all the i7 DV6s come with 120 Watt PSU...
:-?

just bought my sammy 550p i7 version :) thank you everyone for helping us buyers :) must say the lappy is just gorgeous :) thank you all :D:doublethumb::2subs:

Congrats man!! :)
Will be getting mine next week... :-D

ujjwal007

Lost in games

may be its because its switching to intel hd 4000 grahpics?? u have to change it to gt 650m in BIOS and just to let you know..gta 4 runs amazing in gt 525m lol its must be settings problem !!

daksh

Journeyman
Guys, if the people with i7 continue get throttling issues because of the PSU (quite clearly a 90 Watt PSU is insufficient for a 45 Watt Quad Core i7) then do you think Samsung will replace it with a 120 Watt PSU, as its mentioned in the product description as 90W/120W in Samsung India website.
I am saying this as all this talk of throttling has got me worried after ordering one (with i7) of these for myself, the notebookcheck review's stress tests especially, and besides all the i7 DV6s come with 120 Watt PSU...
:-?

Congrats man!! :)
Will be getting mine next week... :-D

My I7 hasn't throttled till yet on 90w adapter .

pratyush997

Inactive
Got around 50fps avg. when I disabled Aero scheme and changed theme to basic

Patches are must for this game though Car physics is outstanding............
Yeah hd4000 must be running it...Let me get my dsl line fixed then I will Update it

In instruction it is written that you must install Patch for best experience !!
BTW card phYsics really rocxxx

*s19.postimage.org/bragk0a3n/MP3.png
haha...Trolled........

Found the godamn solution!!!!!!!!!!!
will need to install Patch 1.7... version!!
@har did u received ur GTA IV

RON28

Cyborg Agent
all sammy owners, please do the benchmark of CRYSIS with ULTRA REALISTIC MOD...please i want to see how it performs...because crysis is originally made for pc and today also it smokes out heavy graphic cards...will we be able to play CRYSIS at ultra settings in 1280x720 resolution? :D

Top Bottom