The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

ratul

█████████████████
Is it a good idea to sell my new inspiron 15r se laptop and buy samsung 550p?

Is there any problem for the buyer about warranty or anything?

And is there ANY issue yet with samsung 550p ?

All users n readers please comment.

girish, now u r regretting of your decision.. :p
i wud just say stay happy with inspiron, i posted first this sammy laptop more than a month ago, then nobody believed it, and now everybody is after it, laptop market is today rapidly changing, there are also speculations that HP will release their laptops with 650m next month or so, what will you do then?? :wink:
If you buy laptop today, enjoy it and stay happy with it... :cool:

girishpaiv

Journeyman
@Ratul and pratyush

Its bcos as I am in collage hostel , my friend wishes to but this dell 15r se.
I may be able to sell mine to him at same price!!(but first his father has to agree)

So i wanna know will my decision be BAD in ANY sense?

Is there any problem 550p users are facing?

any throttling issue?

And will there be any warranty issues for him(buyer)?

@prathyush

temp??whats the highest u seen in your 550p?

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
Just contacted Sammy CC and they recommended me to visit Service center.....I think I got a Defective piece...But should get a replacement lappy or mobo...No prob....

*s19.postimage.org/kq8qy8jdv/Temp_low.png
Now to beast is running cooooooool

ratul

█████████████████
@Ratul and pratyush

Its bcos as I am in collage hostel , my friend wishes to but this dell 15r se.
I may be able to sell mine to him at same price!!(but first his father has to agree)

So i wanna know will my decision be BAD in ANY sense?

Is there any problem 550p users are facing?

any throttling issue?

And will there be any warranty issues for him(buyer)?

@ratul

temp??whats the highest u seen in your 550p?

i have an inspiron like you, how can i post 550p temps.. :p
and i don't think he'll be facing any warranty issues, until he has the bill and service tag no. (on the lappy)..
or if you want, you can also get a full refund from dell, i heard that they have 15-30 days (not sure) full refund policy if you are not satisfied.. :mrgreen:

sj2202

Broken In
why are they providing 65w adapter instead of 90w, is the question to be asked

just had a conversation with fosila through facebook fan page they said.....they have COD for my city and also when i asked about how can i avail warranty they gave me a link for all the service centre near seems preety cool so when i got any problem with laptop i can take it through centre they are giving COD so i dont think there will be a problem. what u say guys? should i go or not and yes its showing 65w adapter what to do?

It confused me in the beginning too but I think its a sort of a misprint.
I mean,flipkart and fosila are not the manufacturers,they are just distributors.
Since samsung is the manufacturer and the only 2 options from samsung are 90W and 120W,therefore its got to be either of the two,unless fosila and flipkart are removing the seal and replacing the original charger with a 65W. :wink::lol:

sj2202

Broken In
^^In terms of warranty,dell is definitely better since it provides accidental damage protection,and otherwise I do not know much about samsung CC,but my guess would be that dell is still better since it is quite known for its ASS.

pratyush997

Inactive
^^CC is fine! Just had a talk w/ them...and if getting sammy before this month end would be cool decision cuzzz there would be no free extended warranty!!

daksh

Journeyman
They havent called me till yet :S Should I call them up ?
And Pratyush , wasnt first years warranty onsite ? Why do you have to take it to service center then ?

terrafield

Broken In
In the process of convincing my friend, I got convinced myself to buy this though I don't have any idea of buying a laptop (I have a desktop)

Is anyone buying 550P in chennai? Vijay electronics is quoting 59k for i7 but I'm looking for some better price.

Also could anyone please let me know if Samsung 830 128GB SSD is compatible with this laptop? I want to add SSD in addition to hard drive

Top Bottom