The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
I know this is a really lame question but I am new to laptop cooling and all ? Arent we supposed to cool that area as well from which heat and hot air is coming out ?
Where should we place the fans( assume they are movable ) .

All a laptop cooler fan does is suck in air and supply it to the laptop's suction point, so that the laptop takes in more air to cool itself, and the air leaving the vent on the side is the air that has been already used up to cool the Gpu and the Cpu. So its absolutely useless to supply cool air to the vent as it does not take in air, it gives out instead.

yea sounds familiar, and what do you mean by MSI afterburner?

yea facing the same problem, I wonder if the dealer will take it back or should I go to samsung service.

Should we (i7 owners) return it to samsung for throttling issues? Or should we just buy a cooler and be done with it?

pratyush997

Inactive
All a laptop cooler fan does is suck in air and supply it to the laptop's suction point, so that the laptop takes in more air to cool itself, and the air leaving the vent on the side is the air that has been already used up to cool the Gpu and the Cpu. So its absolutely useless to supply cool air to the vent as it does not take in air, it gives out instead.

Should we (i7 owners) return it to samsung for throttling issues? Or should we just buy a cooler and be done with it?
the day when cpu crosses 95C, I will claim warranty!!!!

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
Is this amodel a competition to lammy model?

Asus K55VM-SX086D / 3rd Generation Core i7 / 8 GB / 1 TB / Free DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

I guess its the gfx where it suffers.

its not a competitor according to me, GFX is nowhere near

the day when cpu crosses 95C, I will claim warranty!!!!

It won't cross 95* if you get a cooler. I'm dead sure. The notepal U3 and Infinite Evo chop off almost 10* of heat or more.
The highest it reached yesterday in a non-ac room was 91* while playing Max Payne 3 for 3.5 hours with only 1 fps drop.

magnet

Youngling
I just checked on flipkart.they have updated the dell model ram to 8 giga and price around 56k now.Now does that also stand for competition now or the gfx still gets kicked?

pratyush997

Inactive
its not a competitor according to me, GFX is nowhere near

It won't cross 95* if you get a cooler. I'm dead sure. The notepal U3 and Infinite Evo chop off almost 10* of heat or more.
The highest it reached yesterday in a non-ac room was 91* while playing Max Payne 3 for 3.5 hours with only 1 fps drop.
dafaq I just ordered Notepal u2 from flipkart!!!!
Should I cancel the order

ankeshdave

Game On !!
I have read(in some forum[cant fing the link]) that IB Laptops have the same heat tubes for CPU & GPU.

If thats the case then CPU might also Heat up the Tubes (When it enters Turbo Mode) to cause the temprature rises. And IB CPU's are known to run at higher temps.

If the above Senario is true

Then which one should I buy Ci5 or Ci7 one

or its a totally a Laptop's Design fault

iChaitanya

Journeyman
Me too! I am interested in i5 version of the Samsung laptop. Do let me know if you have been in touch with any dealers in Pune and what are the quotes? I think, Data Care Corp, Baba Comp and House of Laptops are reliable dealers in Pune.

@ankeshdave and @iChaitanya - Please could you post the quotes given by BABA and DCC for i5/i7 laptop? There are few more members in Pune who are interested in buying this laptop. A bulk order of 3-4 laptops surely calls for a discount. I plan to buy this laptop this/next week. Thanks!

Even I'm planning to buy it within a week. I'm heading out to visit some dealers right now. I'll report back the prices when I return home. :)

sakii

\m/ \m/
Just Read review for N56VZ-S4044V Notebook

It has same GT650M and review telling FPS drop while gaming.

This Throttling will spoil gaming experience.

Y dis kolaveri di :huh?:

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
I'm wondering why many of the new ivybridge models are facing throttling issues. it isn't just one company, samsung chronos, dell xps 15, asus n56, some acer machine and even new retina macbook.

may be intel provided the oems with wrong cooling requirements for ivybridge?

sakii

\m/ \m/
I'm wondering why many of the new ivybridge models are facing throttling issues. it isn't just one company, samsung chronos, dell xps 15, asus n56, some acer machine and even new retina macbook.

may be intel provided the oems with wrong cooling requirements for ivybridge?

may be due to beta driver....FPS drop while gaming is not new....but 550P diving to below 20 FPS evry 2 min is really irritating.

gamer0704

Broken In
Even I'm planning to buy it within a week. I'm heading out to visit some dealers right now. I'll report back the prices when I return home. :)

@ankeshdave and @iChaitanya - Please could you post the quotes given by BABA and DCC for i5/i7 laptop? There are few more members in Pune who are interested in buying this laptop. A bulk order of 3-4 laptops surely calls for a discount. I plan to buy this laptop this/next week. Thanks!

Taking the liberty to list users from pune interested in either i5 or i7 here:
ankeshdave
dmplog
sakii
iChaitanya
ultimategamer
gamer0704

Some are willing to buy over this weekend, and some a bit later.
But I think we can place order at single time with different pickup dates.

RON28 just messaged that the baba systems on tilak road is the one who has quoted the best amount.
48.5k for i5
55k for i7

PM me if anyone is interested in finalising for group deal in pune.
based on the numbers, will call baba.
would be great if someone, specially RON28 can help in bargaining further based on numbers as I am very bad at bargaining :-(

dan4u

Took Off!!!
ok will get a cooler, and if the fps drop continues, then there's something wrong. throttling occurs because of overheating of the gpu right??

and what cooling pad are you using??

ok what settings did you play at?? was fxaa, mxaa,tessellation,anti-aliasing on?? and also what resolution??

sakii

\m/ \m/
Taking the liberty to list users from pune interested in either i5 or i7 here:
ankeshdave
dmplog
sakii
iChaitanya
ultimategamer
gamer0704

Some are willing to buy over this weekend, and some a bit later.
But I think we can place order at single time with different pickup dates.

RON28 just messaged that the baba systems on tilak road is the one who has quoted the best amount.
48.5k for i5
55k for i7

PM me if anyone is interested in finalising for group deal in pune.
based on the numbers, will call baba.
would be great if someone, specially RON28 can help in bargaining further based on numbers as I am very bad at bargaining :-(

Agreed
Check ur mobile. :mrgreen::mrgreen: U hv a msg.

ok will get a cooler, and if the fps drop continues, then there's something wrong. throttling occurs because of overheating of the gpu right??

and what cooling pad are you using??

ok what settings did you play at?? was fxaa, mxaa,tessellation,anti-aliasing on?? and also what resolution??

Dan4U >> Have u tried modded inf. frm notebookreiew.com thread of CAKEFISH . They are working on it from quite some days.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Agreed

Dan4U >> Have u tried modded inf. frm notebookreiew.com thread of CAKEFISH . They are working on it from quite some days.

:p yea I actually saw that thread, its the same model as in India but with 1366x768 resolution.

sakii

\m/ \m/
:p yea I actually saw that thread, its the same model as in India but with 1366x768 resolution.

Saw ur post there :) Ryt nw digging up tht thread frm post # 1.

Haven't faced a single throttling issue yet. :-?

Must have gamed for 10 hours plus by now. (Max Payne 3, FIFA 12, Street Fighter, Mass Effect 3). :|

Now thts de HOPE. U both hav sm config. isn't and Kanishk is not facing issue. @ Kanishk r u using cooling pad and any specific setting ??

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
Saw ur post there :) Ryt nw digging up tht thread frm post # 1.

Now thts de HOPE. U both hav sm config. isn't and Kanishk is not facing issue. @ Kanishk r u using cooling pad and any specific setting ??

I've ordered the U3 from flipkart. But I just use it in an AC room, with a book under the laptop.

All stock settings. Using the 304.79 beta driver from Nvidia.

Top Bottom