The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

daksh

Journeyman
well, I was playing Just Cause 2 on maximum settings Tried that in AC room but no luck!!!!!!

I dont know try changing power settings and fan settings . And play for a longer duration , when i play max payne it starts pretty hot around 80 or so but it rises to only about 85 after an hour . And max 80 for GPU . I minimize it for 2 mins and temps decrease to about 70 for both .

iChaitanya

Journeyman
I am willing to buy this by end of this month... (Ill be getting my salary by then :p)

Are dealers in pune givin a good deal. DCC in on JM Road have unusual extra prices.. Also they are not to cooperative..:-x

Do you happen to know ne one giving a nice deal :-D ??
You srsly expecting reasonable pricing from DCC? LOL :| :wwe:

Call up BABA on Tilak Rd. They have it in stock. :)

Guys, I'll be buying the i7 one in a week or so! :D

daksh

Journeyman
I know this is a really lame question but I am new to laptop cooling and all ? Arent we supposed to cool that area as well from which heat and hot air is coming out ?
Where should we place the fans( assume they are movable ) .

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
Planning to buy this laptop tomorrow from Computer Empire, Nehru Place @ around 56.5k (final price quoted by them)...And as my initial budget was 80k, I'd like to compensate for it by getting a SSD :D

Any suggestions?

Also, will this be good enough:

Samsung 128GB 2.5-inch SSD 830 Series

or this: SSD drives | Corsair Force 3 120 GB SATA 3 SATA 6.0 SSD

Samsung 830 is the best one in the class. Also try to search on Intel 330 as it should cost less than corsair. Corsair and Intel 330 uses a inferior NAND which cost an user unnoticeable delays on uncompressed transfer. If you have budget go for Samsung or else try an 256GB instead. your call. Bigger SSD is more likely to be good when you have a budget over performance which you may barely notice...

ankeshdave

Game On !!
You srsly expecting reasonable pricing from DCC? LOL :| :wwe:

Call up BABA on Tilak Rd. They have it in stock. :)

Guys, I'll be buying the i7 one in a week or so! :D

hanks for the info... ill call them up tomorrow and ask them for details

If you know ne other places i can look....It would be really helpful

I am planning to buy this by the end of this month :)

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Weird man. Try reinstalling the game?

I don't think the processor has anything to do with this, if anything temps should be higher on a quad core i7. :\

yea even I feel so, I did a little searching n found out that if the gpu overheats then there can be sudden drops in fps during gameplay. Gonna try playing nfs and mp3, and if there's constant drop in fps, will give my dealer a call:twisted:

jerrinfrncs

Right off the assembly line
My cousin bought this laptop and it suffers from gpu throttling. On playing GTA 4 the gpu temperature(using MSI Afterburner) goes upto 83 and gpu clock goes to minimum and process repeats, causing frame rate drops every 20 minute or so. He will give it to Samsung Service center, hope it is resolved.
Does anyone else has this problem? the frame rate drops is very annoying.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
guys give me a link for dell inspiron laptops thread if anybody have i think no other way flipkart dont have that too is there in hp i can go with?

jerrinfrncs

Guys I started max payne and left it in the main menu and waited, after a few minutes the fps dropped :-x to 8-10, no idea whats wrong.....:-( and i used proper ventilation the temp was not even 80 c

Hi got the same problem while playing GTA 4 and here is the reason. The gpu temp goes upto 83 and then gpu speed is reduced to decrease the temperature(throttling). This cause the frame rate to drop.

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
Samsung 830 is the best one in the class. Also try to search on Intel 330 as it should cost less than corsair. Corsair and Intel 330 uses a inferior NAND which cost an user unnoticeable delays on uncompressed transfer. If you have budget go for Samsung or else try an 256GB instead. your call. Bigger SSD is more likely to be good when you have a budget over performance which you may barely notice...

I'm lookin for a 240/256 gb ssd btw....and my budget's 15k MAX. Have shortlisted these ones:
- corsAir force 3 240
- corsair force gt 240
- crucial m4 256

Your views?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
guys give me a link for dell inspiron laptops thread if anybody have i think no other way flipkart dont have that too is there in hp i can go with?

actually flipkart does have the dell 15r se, check this link also, there is a thread in tdf discussing all about the new dell 15 R se, check this link...........15R SE i5 version is also available on flipkart....if you can't wait for Samsung then go for this...

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
I'm lookin for a 240/256 gb ssd btw....and my budget's 15k MAX. Have shortlisted these ones:
- corsAir force 3 240
- corsair force gt 240
- crucial m4 256

Your views?

Any option on Mushkin? otherwise, go for crucial. Force gt is after that and last is Force 3.

and try to keep a 50% space free on any SSD...

dan4u

Took Off!!!
My cousin bought this laptop and it suffers from gpu throttling. On playing GTA 4 the gpu temperature(using MSI Afterburner) goes upto 83 and gpu clock goes to minimum and process repeats, causing frame rate drops every 20 minute or so. He will give it to Samsung Service center, hope it is resolved.
Does anyone else has this problem? the frame rate drops is very annoying.
yea sounds familiar, and what do you mean by MSI afterburner?
Hi got the same problem while playing GTA 4 and here is the reason. The gpu temp goes upto 83 and then gpu speed is reduced to decrease the temperature(throttling). This cause the frame rate to drop.

yea facing the same problem, I wonder if the dealer will take it back or should I go to samsung service.

Hrishi

Is someone willing to put a decent detailed review on this ??
I was thinking to put several benchmarking,pictures and test results this weekend , but have never reviewed one before. :)

pratyush997

Inactive
I dont know try changing power settings and fan settings . And play for a longer duration , when i play max payne it starts pretty hot around 80 or so but it rises to only about 85 after an hour . And max 80 for GPU . I minimize it for 2 mins and temps decrease to about 70 for both .
Where to change that settings??

ujjwal007

Lost in games
actually flipkart does have the dell 15r se, check this link also, there is a thread in tdf discussing all about the new dell 15 R se, check this link...........15R SE i5 version is also available on flipkart....if you can't wait for Samsung then go for this...

hey bro i can wait...but not sure..flipkart will have them or not anytime :/ the dealers said...check hp and dell and blah blah!! ://

dmplog

Even i am from pune and want to buy this one.
How about putting an order for 2 to get some additional discount?

Me too! I am interested in i5 version of the Samsung laptop. Do let me know if you have been in touch with any dealers in Pune and what are the quotes? I think, Data Care Corp, Baba Comp and House of Laptops are reliable dealers in Pune.

magnet

Youngling
Is this amodel a competition to lammy model?

Asus K55VM-SX086D / 3rd Generation Core i7 / 8 GB / 1 TB / Free DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

I guess its the gfx where it suffers.

dmplog

hanks for the info... ill call them up tomorrow and ask them for details

If you know ne other places i can look....It would be really helpful

I am planning to buy this by the end of this month :)

@ankeshdave and @iChaitanya - Please could you post the quotes given by BABA and DCC for i5/i7 laptop? There are few more members in Pune who are interested in buying this laptop. A bulk order of 3-4 laptops surely calls for a discount. I plan to buy this laptop this/next week. Thanks!

Top Bottom