The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

daksh

Journeyman
Guys neither have I experienced any fps drop in 3 max Payne sittings all above 1-1.5 hours . Temp CPU reaches max 90 and gpu around 87 but I use a trick to lower it. Minimize the game for 2 mins and see the drop . Then play again . This is only till my cooling pad comes . Otherwise no fps drops .

And for fan speed fn+f11. Power management comes by licking on the battery icon in the task bar .

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
Batman AC fraps report.

2012-07-18 13:30:12 - BatmanAC
Frames: 11357 - Time: 204533ms - Avg: 55.526 - Min: 24 - Max: 63

Only played for 20 minutes. Temps after playing were :

CPU max - 73.
GPU - 61.

You sure all your AC's work properly guys? :p

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
Batman AC fraps report.

CPU max - 73.
GPU - 61.

DAYUM! Will get my lappy from the exact store u got it from! :lol:
The temps are way too cool.

PM me the name of the store @ Nehru Place :)

dan4u

Took Off!!!
So its the i5 Models that are facing the problems :shock:

I am planning to buy one :-?
it can be a problem with my AC adapter or maybe I just need to get a cooling pad.

Concluding that the i5 throttles with a 90W psu, however the i7 variant doesn't LOL
+1

Batman AC fraps report.

CPU max - 73.
GPU - 61.

that's decent temp rates, I'll try finding a Cooler master U3 locally, and also I played nfs on battery ( by mistake), with AC adapter off, didn't seem to lag.

now wondering if its a problem with the AC Adapter

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
I played nfs on battery ( by mistake), with AC adapter off, didn't seem to lag.

You should see previous posts before wondering on issues by posting on the threads. When u play in battery, the cpu performance is set below to max while playing on AC, it is on max by default on Win 7 [see it by go to advance power option on Win 7]. since the throttles are all for turbo boost on cpu and thus getting the GPU hot by the connecting rod(metal), lowering the cpu performance will solve your issue for now and later you can get some good advice from others...

So, in brief once follow the procedure I mentioned in previous post in this thread and then post the result here, do only if you understand what I meant...

dan4u

Took Off!!!
You should see previous posts before wondering on issues by posting on the threads. When u play in battery, the cpu performance is set below to max while playing on AC, it is on max by default on Win 7 [see it by go to advance power option on Win 7]. since the throttles are all for turbo boost on cpu and thus getting the GPU hot by the connecting rod(metal), lowering the cpu performance will solve your issue for now and later you can get some good advice from others...

So, in brief once follow the procedure I mentioned in previous post in this thread and then post the result here, do only if you understand what I meant...
so setting cpu performance to 99% will solve it?? I dunno, I'll see if it works.

pratyush997

Inactive
it can be a problem with my AC adapter or maybe I just need to get a cooling pad.

+1

that's decent temp rates, I'll try finding a Cooler master U3 locally, and also I played nfs on battery ( by mistake), with AC adapter off, didn't seem to lag.

com'on guyzzx whixch is better?? U2 or U3

iChaitanya

Journeyman
Taking the liberty to list users from pune interested in either i5 or i7 here:
ankeshdave
dmplog
sakii
iChaitanya
ultimategamer
gamer0704

Some are willing to buy over this weekend, and some a bit later.
But I think we can place order at single time with different pickup dates.

RON28 just messaged that the baba systems on tilak road is the one who has quoted the best amount.
48.5k for i5
55k for i7

PM me if anyone is interested in finalising for group deal in pune.
based on the numbers, will call baba.
would be great if someone, specially RON28 can help in bargaining further based on numbers as I am very bad at bargaining :-(

I just visited BABA. He quoted me 48k for the i5 and 58k :-o for the i7. Smaung bag is free. No accessories.

2% extra for credit card transactions and HDFC CC EMI available (check pic for extra charges).

Pics: Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN - Imgur

*i.imgur.com/Jb7fEs.jpg *i.imgur.com/39Fv8s.jpg *i.imgur.com/2Kdwfs.jpg *i.imgur.com/2RA30s.jpg *i.imgur.com/rzokSs.jpg *i.imgur.com/pihuKs.jpg *i.imgur.com/JxUnss.jpg

I'm in. When are you all planning to buy this beast? If we're gonna buy 6+ pieces, then we ought to get more discount. Guys, decide and PM me. :razz:

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
ok will get a cooler, and if the fps drop continues, then there's something wrong. throttling occurs because of overheating of the gpu right??

and what cooling pad are you using??

I'm not using any cooler. I place the laptop on the samsung cardboard box it came in with its left edge(where the vent is) hanging out a bit.
Throttling happened 2 times with me, its because of overheating, don't worry.

U3 is way to Big for a 15 Incher!!!
It supports upto 17'
So Can't fit in a Bag of 16"

U2,u3,and evo are more or less of same dimensions, all of them support upto 17 inches. u2 is comparatively smaller.:razz:
Thats a very good point you mentioned, think I'll order u2 then.

sakii

\m/ \m/
I just visited BABA. He quoted me 48k for the i5 and 58k :-o for the i7. Smaung bag is free. No accessories.

2% extra for credit card transactions and HDFC CC EMI available (check pic for extra charges).

I'm in. When are you all planning to buy this beast? If we're gonna buy 6+ pieces, then we ought to get more discount. Guys, decide and PM me. :razz:

Awl credit goes to RON intially fo finding this shop out.

I was ALWAYS IN for pool buying Me and Gamer wants to get it by this week end. ( I think gamer wont mind ...speaking me on his behalf ryt nw :) ) so...guys lets get on...and do it pretty fast. I can not wait.

and plz do sm extra intelligence on service of BABA comp. There cn be a catch to out of box pricing :) god knws why he is quoting low. But yup...I'm loving it. :-D

PS: iChaitanya >>> PM'd you.

Last edited:

daksh

Journeyman
I'm not using any cooler. I place the laptop on the samsung cardboard box it came in with its left edge(where the vent is) hanging out a bit.
Throttling happened 2 times with me, its because of overheating, don't worry.

U2,u3,and evo are more or less of same dimensions, all of them support upto 17 inches. u2 is comparatively smaller.:razz:
Thats a very good point you mentioned, think I'll order u2 then.

Evem U2 wont fit , its also for upto 17 inchers :p

Top Bottom