The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
Having almost same issues with Max Payne 3 but not as frequently as @Dan4u.
NFS Run & FIFA running smooth without any issues.
I guess a cooler would solve this problem.
But which one to take?
Tied among evo - Cooler Master Notepal Infinite Evo Cooling Pad | Cooling Pad | Flipkart.com
U3 - Cooler Master NotePal U3 Cooling Pad | Cooling Pad | Flipkart.com
and u2 - Cooler Master Notepal U2 Cooling Pad | Cooling Pad | Flipkart.com

Actually fans can be adjusted in the latter two. Dunno where my lappy sucks in air though.
But Evo has a really sexy body.
:p

Hrishi

Thanks guys , although the purchase wasn't meant for me , it was meant for my Friend. But it was me who recommended and forced him to go over 50k and buy this Beast!
Had to do too much bargaining to bring it down from 59k to 56900rs.
but anyways it was a deal breaker for a core I7 and 2GB DDR3 650M GPU. :)

Even right now he is listening to the JBL , enjoying the music. :p ahahaha

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Guys I started max payne and left it in the main menu and waited, after a few minutes the fps dropped :-x to 8-10, no idea whats wrong.....:-( and i used proper ventilation the temp was not even 80 c

daksh

Journeyman
Ive ordered the U3 coz of 3 movable fans and speed control . U2 doesnt have speed control and as the price difference is not much and I had to buy it only once .
And all of you owners please comment on whether samsung contacted you after registering for the extended warranty or not . Please .

shaggy

Ive ordered the U3 coz of 3 movable fans and speed control . U2 doesnt have speed control and as the price difference is not much and I had to buy it only once .
And all of you owners please comment on whether samsung contacted you after registering for the extended warranty or not . Please .

No, they just sent me an auto-response email. That's all. No call yet.
BTW what about cooler master INFINITE EVO??
:-?

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
Guys I started max payne and left it in the main menu and waited, after a few minutes the fps dropped :-x to 8-10, no idea whats wrong.....:-( and i used proper ventilation the temp was not even 80 c

Are you playing the game on battery? That can be the only explanation. :\

ujjwal007

Lost in games
i m so sad just coming from checking 4 places and no one have this laptop :( anywhere i live in gwalior i m just pissed i m lost dont know wht to do :( they told me check dell and hp laptops :(

ujjwal007

Lost in games
guys give me a link for dell inspiron laptops thread :( if anybody have i think no other way :( flipkart dont have that too :( is there in hp i can go with?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
I played Max Payne 3 (high settings, 900p, 2X anti aliasing) in the afternoon for 1.5 hours straight. There wasn't a drop in fps even for one second.

Temps after 1.5 hours.

GPU - 70 degrees.
CPU max - 78 degrees.

Make sure its properly ventilated and there is absolutely no issue with gaming on this beast. :cool:

I'm starting to wonder if the problem is because of the i5 proc..

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
Planning to buy this laptop tomorrow from Computer Empire, Nehru Place @ around 56.5k (final price quoted by them)...And as my initial budget was 80k, I'd like to compensate for it by getting a SSD :D

Any suggestions?

Also, will this be good enough:

Samsung 128GB 2.5-inch SSD 830 Series

daksh

Journeyman
No, they just sent me an auto-response email. That's all. No call yet.
BTW what about cooler master INFINITE EVO??
:-?

Infinte EVO sure looked very cool but it has a huge fan in the middle but owing to the side vent of our lappy I wanted one with movable fans so that I coulde place one in the side . Hence U3

nope its on AC....otherwise the lap seems fine, I tried both the driver versions still no luck:(

Dan try High performance on Battery or balance on AC power . Everything else is bad . And also as someone above suggested in advanced power settings limit CPU max to 99% that will significantly reduce heating .

shaggy

what were you playing?? keep it on a book and leave space between the vent and the table.

I did, but CPU temps were around 88* and GPU 70*...this is certainly a hot laptop!

Infinte EVO sure looked very cool but it has a huge fan in the middle but owing to the side vent of our lappy I wanted one with movable fans so that I coulde place one in the side . Hence U3

sammy has a side 'exit' vent not an input one. The inputs are 2 below and 1 infront near the edge beside the led lights.
I think EVO will do fine
:)