The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

dan4u

Took Off!!!
I again did a 3DMark11 and 3Dmark06 benchmark, after the clean install....there seems to be a slight improvement, n I'm also pondering whether to install the beta version driver for 650M:-?

Guys its available at flipkart for Rs 52778/- overpriced as usual.........flipkart's loosing its charm these days:|

rider

as Kratos
I again did a 3DMark11 and 3Dmark06 benchmark, after the clean install....there seems to be a slight improvement, n I'm also pondering whether to install the beta version driver for 650M:-?

3DMark11 score is more 400 points more than my HD 6770M, seems awesome.
3DMark 06 is little less but its okay.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
3DMark11 score is more 400 points more than my HD 6770M, seems awesome.
3DMark 06 is little less but its okay.

yea pretty awesome:p....I guess it seems less because of the resolution(by default its 1280x800)...if I could set it at 1024x768, it would be 15000+:).....I'm thinking whether to download a cracked version of 3Dmark :p

gamer0704

Broken In
Than too it will be a grt grt buy for me. As here I have to pay anyhow 52K approx so...If I can buy frm pune thn............ U can do the math. PLUS I had to go pune to meet my frnds.

RON plz iff possible contact and confirm with dealer and plz pass me dealer's contact no. too...........!!!! :-D:-D:-D I am more than HAPPY ryt now.

Send me ur contact details at gamer0704@gmail.com/gtalk.
(RON has the details about dealer.)

pranavgoel

Broken In
There is no official information of launching, most probably it will not. And we can can not believe info of one user. Lenovo distributor nehru place delhi don't even know about its info new Y580 releasing is much far.
And if it get launch it would be definitively not of 67k as Z580 with GT 630M that price, as per US retail price of Z580 core-i7 and without GT 630M base model is of $1299 and base model of Y580 is $1499.

Call SMC international.

SMC international do not sell any MSI laptops called them

pratyush997

Inactive
I dont believe on CC they don't know anything except the info they get on their computer. I can read one user checked lenovo distributor nehru place, new delhi and they have no info. BTW what is your budget? you are going offtopic better to talk about this in laptop queries thread, this thread is talk about samsung laptops.
yeah... Lets better continue to sammy btw i'm getting sammy confirmed by my father ☻⡒

rider

as Kratos
Why don't they launch that awesome products @awesome prices....do the guyzz only in US buy budget gaming lappies

Reasons:
Indian market has low sales in comparison to US in this price range.
They have so much competition in PC market because almost half of them prefer mac over PC.
We Indians do less gaming and much backward in comparison to american gamers.
Foreign companies like sony, samsung, acer, lenovo earns lot of money in foreign exchange. Vaio laptops in this price range comes with free PS3.
Because of above reasons prices are so low in US.

SMC international do not sell any MSI laptops called them

Till this june they used to sell MSI laptops. I think from july onward they move out from MSI laptop business. Call MSI india and ask, the number is 011-41758808.

rider

as Kratos
@rider --this is godamn not fair!!!!¿³º฿∆

Yes, it is truth if you think practically. Offer like this can only be happen if Indians started doing gaming and starts purchasing expensive 50k+ laptop. An average indian laptop buyer wants a laptop for 30-35k range and there is lots of competition in this segment.
In small cities 50k+ laptops sold 5-10 per week from resellers.

abhishekmaha

Broken In
I just asked a dealer here and he is asking 53k for the i5 version of the samsung laptop...:-x:-x:-x....definitely not fair...it's even slightly costlier than flipkart...but there is a bag free:|:|...which is the best store to buy the laptop online?

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
India is known as SME (Small and Medium-sized Enterprise) in almost all US merchandise, and that's why any high config is a risk according to Business rules, It may seem to you illogical but that's the difference on third world country. Even manufactures's units on china have different segment for the assemble units on the same factory... ;) That is called as Business Economics, sad but true...

rider

as Kratos
I just asked a dealer here and he is asking 53k for the i5 version of the samsung laptop...:-x:-x:-x....definitely not fair...it's even slightly costlier than flipkart...but there is a bag free:|:|...which is the best store to buy the laptop online?

For above 50k there is no option for cash on delivery, its better to buy from reseller. BTW infibeam is much more reliable than flipkart.

India is known as SME (Small and Medium-sized Enterprise) in almost all US merchandise, and that's why any high config is a risk according to Business rules, It may seem to you illogical but that's the difference on third world country. Even manufactures's units on china have different segment for the assemble units on the same factory... ;) That is called as Business Economics, sad but true...

yea, you got my point. BTW what do you mean by " It may seem to you illogical but that's the difference on third world country."

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
Just for an example in reference to variations of US and Indian models: [Content is in spoiler since out of topic, anybody willing to read on can take a look]
see this as teh technology you see is RapidDrive TWO (One is launced at 2010!!! in US), they have a SSD+HDD but that is not a big thing you may think of. The actual patent term is not just only a SSD+HDD, the techy explanation is:
you will have the option to configure it with RapidDrive. Your machine will have your standard hard disk drive plus a 32GB or 64GB SSD installed in the internal PCI-E slot. The breakthrough is not combining the two in one system. Anyone can do that. The breakthrough is using a Lenovo patent-pending technology that connects both the SSD and HDD simultaneously as one big, contiguous drive. Unlike my setup above, this storage is dynamically pooled and managed. The end user does not need to do anything. The system manages the SSD depending on usage. Programs, documents, and other files are dynamically moved on and off of the SSD so that you can always get the fastest speed possible. This also means that the system will not return an error if the SSD is already at full capacity. The program/file will automatically be installed on the HDD and moved to the SSD later in the background if the algorithm determines that is optimal.
This types of things will take decades to come in India and may never come so, whatever we get here, it will never be the same as them... :| That you have to consider (read compromise) :-(

yea, you got my point.

I know it, I was just telling this to the user who has bad feel about not having it in India. I know you know it very well and also it is the way technologies ran by and will be. btw, where are you from? I appreciate you said these here as just I feel users should know why is the difference is so much and then they can understand they need to choose among what we currently have...
BTW what do you mean by " It may seem to you illogical but that's the difference on third world country."
I mean that is set according to Business economics and it is what we have...

rider

as Kratos
I know it, I was just telling this to the user who has bad feel about not having it in India. I know you know it very well and also it is the way technologies ran by and will be. btw, where are you from? I appreciate you said these here as just I feel users should know why is the difference is so much and then they can understand they need to choose among what we currently have...

I mean that is set according to Business economics and it is what we have...

I'm from delhi side.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Guys in the "easy settings option" there's an option called "Battery Life Extender" its description says "sets the Maximum Battery charge Level to 80 % to extend battery Lifetime" any thoughts on this?? So can I switch this On, and Game with AC power while the battery is still in the lap??

rider

as Kratos
Guys please stop gaming on battery, its better to play on AC supply, if you care about good life of your precious laptop.

Top Bottom