The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

gamer0704

Broken In
had a conversation with a local dealer he quoted 48.5k for I5 version of samsung :D i guess if i purchase 2 laptops with a friend...i got here..he also wants this laptop and he his from pune too :D then we can easily get it for 46k :D awesome deal na :razz:

I am the one !

BTW i need to buy laptop urgently.
so get in touch. (not able to add u to my gtalk list..send me an invite).

OP
har

har

In the zone
btw @har n @shaggy and others who got the 550p, what battery backup are you getting.....yesterday, in power saver mode, with wifi on, brightness 50%.....even after 2hrs 30 min i had 50-55 % battery left :shock:....I'm guessing it'll give 5 hrs under normal usage.....that's way better than my old dv6 lap....

5-5.5 hrs :-D

Yesterday I played almost 2 hrs of assasins creed 2 at full settings at 60fps on BATTERY !!!
How is that even possible. I thought it was plugged in but I didnt switch on the plug !! So after 2 hrs the laptop went into hibernation and its then I realised. Shouldnt the fps be dropping on battery or something ?

:mrgreen:

OP
har

har

In the zone
Guys talked to dealer via email. He was talking abt lenevo z580 not y580. He just got confused :-? Sorry for the wrong info :|

@pratyush997--same thing happened to me too :p

rider

as Kratos
Unfortunately the dealer thought that it is z580! So finally I'm getting sammy 550p....yooooo

Yoooooo.. A dealer here is telling me that y580 w/ bd-rom i7 gtx 660 backlit keyboard jbl 2.1 config.......@65-67 k
it rocxxxx better than dell 17r

@ashish247 --Jbl 3 speakers,bd-rom-default 1080 panel.

U think this config is inferior....

Stop saying anything in this thread without proper proof and info. :x
And I will tell if it is available, keep in mind it would be 75k+ for sure.

Pretending as same specs as american models can only be happen in american brands like apple, hp and dell.

Guys talked to dealer via email. He was talking abt lenevo z580 not y580. He just got confused :-? Sorry for the wrong info :|

Like what I said. :cool:

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
@rider @shaggy @har Do we get a 120W or 90W charger/psu with the i7 config? And will there be a huge difference b/w the battery lives of the 2 configs?

rider

as Kratos
@rider @shaggy @har Do we get a 120W or 90W charger/psu with the i7 config? And will there be a huge difference b/w the battery lives of the 2 configs?

Core-i7 are different processors, the intel core-i7 3610QM consumes 45W and comes with 120W charger.
Intel core-i5 3210M consumes 35W and comes with 90W charger.

sakii

\m/ \m/
had a conversation with a local dealer he quoted 48.5k for I5 version of samsung :D i guess if i purchase 2 laptops with a friend...i got here..he also wants this laptop and he his from pune too :D then we can easily get it for 46k :D awesome deal na :razz:

RON >>thts kool yaar. Why don't u try to make it three :mrgreen::mrgreen: though I live in South Gujrat but pune is 6 hrs approx frm here. Nd I have frnds there would lyk to meet them too.

rider

as Kratos
Obviously, the battery life would be different as both are just 6-cells.

RON >>thts kool yaar. Why don't u try to make it three :mrgreen::mrgreen: though I live in South Gujrat but pune is 6 hrs approx frm here. Nd I have frnds there would lyk to meet them too.

:mrgreen: Group buying roxx!! but i don't think he would give much more discount.

boltcat

Broken In
could anyone with a 3d tv please check if np550p5pc supports 3d games (like battlefield 3 in 3d) / 3d blu-ray movies (650m supports blu-ray 3d) via hdmi on a 3d tv ? it is reported that for some laptops with optimus technolgy, 3d does not work (hardware, GPU, with 3d capability not detected).

dan4u

Took Off!!!
What was the model number of your last dv6 model?

DV6 1154TX, it was a 2009 model, got it for 65k back then....would get 2hrs 15min max in power saver mode....but its got a fingerprint scanner:wink: that's pretty useful

5-5.5 hrs :-D

Yesterday I played almost 2 hrs of assasins creed 2 at full settings at 60fps on BATTERY !!!
How is that even possible. I thought it was plugged in but I didnt switch on the plug !! So after 2 hrs the laptop went into hibernation and its then I realised. Shouldnt the fps be dropping on battery or something ?

:mrgreen:
:shock: wohaa that's awesome... two hrs on high settings n gaming..:cool:

rider

as Kratos
DV6 1154TX, it was a 2009 model, got it for 65k back then....would get 2hrs 15min max in power saver mode....but its got a fingerprint scanner:wink: that's pretty useful

Actually that is a core2 duo processing laptop, it consumes more power and old technology hence low battery backup. Yea, finger print scanners are awesome, still comes with dv6 laptops.

sakii

\m/ \m/
Obviously, the battery life would be different as both are just 6-cells.

:mrgreen: Group buying roxx!! but i don't think he would give much more discount.

Than too it will be a grt grt buy for me. As here I have to pay anyhow 52K approx so...If I can buy frm pune thn............ U can do the math. PLUS I had to go pune to meet my frnds.

RON plz iff possible contact and confirm with dealer and plz pass me dealer's contact no. too...........!!!! :-D:-D:-D I am more than HAPPY ryt now.

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Actually that is a core2 duo processing laptop, it consumes more power and old technology hence low battery backup. Yea, finger print scanners are awesome, still comes with dv6 laptops.

yep its a P8600 proc, it consumes more power than today's i series, also it didn't have switchable graphics like optimus/enduro :doublethumb:....the processors n graphic cards are getting more efficient every few months, but batteries are still using the same old technology....:lol:

pratyush997

Inactive
Update:- lenovo y580 will be lauched in India pretty soon as said by lenovo CC but they don't have any price info ...they are suggesting me to get z580 over y580 lol..- gt 630 over gtx660 ...dafaq.
so It goddamn sure that sammy is only choice left......

Top Bottom